Chit Chat

Ghost stories, Superstitions, Dear David and all that Supernatural stuff

galactickatesgalactickates member
edited April 2018 in Chit Chat
In honor of Friday the 13th this week does anyone have any good stories or superstitions to share?  

Re: Ghost stories, Superstitions, Dear David and all that Supernatural stuff

• :joy: @ ghost dog - @SkilledSailor

When did the noises start? I would be completely freaked if I heard that -  except I would think it was a person living in my attic. Ghost dog sounds more like Casper 
  • Loading the player...
  • @SkilledSailor I swear cats can see ghosts, have you seen that Dear David twitter thread?
  • Not a story, but DH and I went on a ghost tour in Gettysburg a couple of years ago, and I took this picture.  It is sideways for some reason, but there is a face above the flash.

• maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    I LOVE this thread idea @galactickates

@SkilledSailor I had a ghost cat experience once! I shared a room with my best friend and her cat in college and we lived in a pretty creepy apartment building, and her cat would often jump in my bed, walk across it and snuggle with me. Except several times I felt the cat jump onto my bed, walk across it, then I'd look at my friend's bed and see her cat curled up with her! But I could still feel a cat walking across my bed! It was so weird.

The only other story I have is that the house where my mother still lives is a very odd house. When we moved in, all of the windows were boarded up, it had a silent alarm system with panic buttons in each room, and there was a giant metal barricade on either side of the front door (like you'd put a giant piece of wood through to prevent someone from entering - like in a castle!) Anyway, not long after we moved in, I noticed late at night that there would be a sound like scissors being used. Like a metallic snip sound. And it would move around the house. I liked to stay up late reading and sometimes it would sound like it was right next to me, then a minute later it would sound like it was across the room, then down the hall. Not sure if that counts as a ghost story since it was just a weird, moving noise, but it was very strange.
  • @izza2 that's crazy!

As a formerly religious current atheist I'm conflicted about ghosts. I'd love for them to be real because I find it so fascinating and it would open up a whole new world of (legitimate) scientific study. But I also don't really believe there's an afterlife, womp womp womp...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @lokibear89 I read the dear David stuff. Creepy...
  • @meggyme I know its just a story but its about my max tolerance of creepy stuff.
  • @lokibear89 the pictures are what get me! I can read stories all day, but those creepy ass pictures!
  • When I lived in my parents house, it was an old farm house that was over 100 years old. We had a ghost named Charlie. He was an old sea captain who would walk around looking for his bride. When he went to sea (which you could see the creek to the river out the back upstairs deck), she apparently left the house and hooked up with another man. He would walk the house at night looking for her. He was super friendly and nothing wrong at all. You could hear footsteps on the stairs, cabinets and doors would open...all kinds of stuff. You could actually see the door handles turn. It was crazy and cool all at the same time. He was never confrontational or anything. Just kind of a constant presence.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • I wandered all the way down the rabbit trail of Dear David last night. Now, I’m fatigued & still googling theories about it at work. 
  • @jrm_14 LOL I DID TOO!
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited April 2018
    I just started reading the dear david posts.  Is this real or fake?  

ETA - What the AF! this is seriously the freakiest sh*t ever
  • @galactickates Lol, I just came on here to say I started reading it too! It is super freaky. I'm a skeptic at heart, but it still freaks me the f*ck out. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Omg I want to cry!  He needs to move!!!!!!! Now!!!!!! 
  • I need to know the theories. Has anything been posted since Dec? I'm dying to get off work so I can dive head first into the rabbit hole 
    edited April 2018
    @eleven_ ded.the whole time i was thinking the same thing! 

ETA - I can't stop laughing eleven! You are so spot on.  I totally thought "whyyyyy! Why did you do that?!?!"

@spottedginger definitely do it
    Start here but there is more on his Twitter
  • @galactickates Right?  :D I thought maybe he would get tricked into asking a third or after a couple weeks forget and ask a third, but no. He asks the first f*cking night!!! 
    TW

• I re-read it at work today. So creepy... that one pic of the hair close up....
  • @galactickates That's the one I actually started with. 
    TW

• @galactickates @eleven_ One theory is he photoshopped the photos, as he is an artist/comic book writer. I read one theory by a couple of mediums that have suspicion he is either faking or dramatizing what really has happened. TLDR:  he is too specific on certain details like the girl saying three questions was too many, if he was really afraid he would accept professional help, and spirits do not usually look like that. 

Did you read about the marble&attic?  

• @jrm_14 - The only thing additional I read about it was the mention that it was green, like the chair in his house,  the warehouse, the turtle shell, the cactus  and the green vase that moved on the coffee table.  I found that to be really strange when I read that.  It's super creepy. 

The picture in the warehouse lightened up gave me chills.

Reading the tweets at the end. Lol the comments to the "I'm fine" tweet all said "ok david" 
  • I saw one looking at the Polaroid showing how it was a bad photoshop job and the black was all wonky on the doorframe.
  • @meggyme my best friend showed me how you could do that to a picture.  That's true,  but there is a video of him taking the Poloroid AND it develops.... explain that.
    edited April 2018
    I just don't understand some things though.... why hasn't anything come out about this warehouse? Why was it suddenly empty?  No one has claimed the hearse?  Who owns that building?  I'd be taking the license plate number.  If he lives in new York.... NO ONE knows anything??? How can this be? 
    Also where the hell are his neighbors?  If there are 4 units - knock on some doors please.  The other thing is the loud noise on the roof... couldn't that be someone on the roof.  Ask your freaking land lord if someone was working on your HVAC. I have so many questions,  so little answers. 

Ps To our new York friends...   we're going to need you to take one for the team and check out this warehouse. :joy:
    (Please don't)

• @galactickates I didn’t watch the video, so my point is invalid.
  • I don't think it's real but it's interesting, Twitter as a new medium for horror stories. Even though I don't think it was true I couldn't read them all in one sitting as it freaked me out too much but I am a big baby about scary things.
  • spottedgingerspottedginger member
    edited April 2018
    So I read through the links you all posted (thanks!) while not sleeping tonight. I am having trouble buying into it for many reasons as already discussed above, but it is still creepy AF. Thoroughly enjoying it and giving me the heebie jeebies.  Think it is better because I don’t believe him. 

Eta: I found and enjoyed this analysis:

• @spottedginger - thanks for posting that article, it was a good read. 

In the latest videos everyone keeps talking about what's on the floor,  but what the heck is across the door.  The big black thing.  Does anyone know if that's been discussed? I haven't seen anything