August 2018 Moms
Options

FFFC 4/13

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FFFC 4/13

• Options
    I can’t think of anything but I’m sad this is empty. Someone needs to post something juicy. LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm insatiably hungry today.  I've already eaten enough to feed a normal person all day and it isn't even noon.  :#
  • Options
    I basically never go see DH at work because he's an hour away from me. I know he gets hit on a lot because he tells me, lol, but I don't care. He's had his butt smacked by old hornbag ladies, too. Women are so weird about firefighters. I'm sure I'll go see him when I'm a SAHM but if I showed up dressed like a hoochie, he'd probably think I'm trying to get one of his coworkers! Haha! :lol: 
  • Options
    I haven't had sushi this pregnancy but I think that's going to change soon. DH gets more worried about my runny eggs and medium rare steak and I'm like I ate them and never had a problem before I got pregnant, I can't deprive myself of everything!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been to DHs work a few times but, only to drop him off or pick him up mostly. I think he might work with two women carpenters sometimes but, I figure he is filthy at work so they must be too lol. 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @calimom2524 I probably do, too. I brew half caffeinated / half decaf and have two cups. Not sire how much that is. Occassionally, I’ll then have a Coke Zero in the afternoon, but we’ve been out for a month, so...that’s helped. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @calimom2524 I have a coffee and 2-3 Diet Cokes every day now that I am in second tri, I worry more about the artificial sweetener than the caffeine, but not enough about either to cut back any further. My OB said up to 200 mg of caffeine is fine so I figure 200-250 is fine. And aspartame didn't show up on my comprehensive list of all things to avoid (which listed everything from cold luncheon meats to heroin) so shrug. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    I bought my house last June and still don’t have any window treatments in most rooms. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    I don’t own an iron 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    I don’t own an iron 
    Me neither! Ironing is for the birds. I have two kids, if their clothes match it's a good day. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    I bought my house last June and still don’t have any window treatments in most rooms. 

Ditto but replace window treatments with furniture. shrug. We can never agree! But that just means that DS has a lot of play rooms lol!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wore work out clothes this morning to take DH to work and DD to school. I have absolutely zero intentions of working out anytime soon. I also stopped at chic fil a for breakfast on my way home. 
  • Options
    @ecwk and @calimom2524 One of you can have mine. I got it as a wedding present 9 years aago and have never taken it out of the box.

• Options
    Oh I just thought of a FFFC... I spent a good part of today doing our taxes online instead of work. I am now going to try and cram as much as I can into 1 hour. 
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    I don’t own an iron 
    Me neither! Ironing is for the birds. I have two kids, if their clothes match it's a good day. 
    I have one but I just use my flat iron to fix any horrendous wrinkles. Two birds, one flat iron. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @jsnakehole Ha! I totally ironed my flowy dress shirt yesterday with my hair flat iron. Hang shirt on the door hook, pull it out taut, and it irons both sides! It works really well, and it's a great iron replacement when you're on vacation, too. 

@F47 I eat cold lunch meat every day, no regrets. What kind of convenient protein source am I going to eat 3x a day if I have to eliminate that? Although guys, I'm out of garlic bologna. I went to the store yesterday, and the deli was out. I seriously pouted.
  • Options
    I don't own a flat iron, or a curling iron. My hair dryer is 15 years old and I break it out 2-3 times per year. 

Will take all the lunch meats though!
  • Options
    @brzvice no, it was actually a Strawberry Short’s Cake. We had one left from when we went to the brewery this summer. Sooo delicious. 
  • Options
    I think we have an iron but I have no idea where it is. 

I also exceed the caffeine limit most days. 
  • Options
     Not only do I eat deli meat but it’s rare roast beef. Exclusively bc usually I hate deli meat - but apparently my pregnant self loves it. I get small qty tho bc it does go bad fast. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I feel like my FFFC is more unique...... I like to iron and I like my clothes wrinkleless.  Flame away yo
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    edited April 2018
    @livinthesunnylife SAME! We have no furniture in our upstairs living room. I had so many plans for it and now it’s just toys/ running room for DS! 

@brzvice well I do have a drye BUT I never ever had one in Ireland (my parents still don’t) and I used to line dry or radiator dry everything. I still don’t put much of my own stuff in the dryer, usually I hang them up! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Again, super late to the party.

I drove almost immediately after having both
    of my kids.  Like, I waited 3 days max until I was driving around.  We didn’t have family around to help and I could not stay cooped up in the house.  

Oops.

• Options
    Again, super late to the party.

I drove almost immediately after having both
    of my kids.  Like, I waited 3 days max until I was driving around.  We didn’t have family around to help and I could not stay cooped up in the house.  

Oops.
    You are supposed to wait? I didn’t know that.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    My doctor said two weeks (I had c-sections) but I don’t know if those restrictions are strictly for c-section deliveries. 

• Options
    My doctor said two weeks (I had c-sections) but I don’t know if those restrictions are strictly for c-section deliveries. 
    It’s only for c-sections, but I’ve never understood why....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    After having my appendix taken out, I was told not to drive for two weeks. I made it five days before I had to do something to get out of the house and do some errand running. I was walking and sitting mostly pain free, so I didn't see the point in not being able to drive. However, upon climbing into my truck and popping a stitch from the increased abdominal pressure I could see the wisdom in their advice. I'd imagine with a C-section it'd be even more of a risk. *shrug*
  • Options
    Whoops. I drove myself home for both my c-section and vbac. My bad.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I always thought the reason for those restrictions was because of the prescription pain killers, not the surgery or recovery itself
  • Options
    Maybe they just say two weeks so you'll maaaaybe wait a few days.  :p
  • Options
    I had a vaginal birth with DS and was told not to drive for 2 weeks. I wasn’t on any Rx meds when I went home either, just Advil. I did have atitches down there from the episiotomy the OB did, so I’m not sure if that factored into being told not to drive. I didn’t listen though. Went on a huge grocery run after DH went back to work the following week. 
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    I didn’t have a c section and when I was being discharged my midwife still recommended against me driving. I can’t remember how long for. I did drive maybe a week after I had him but it didn’t feel good at all and I didn’t driver very far at all. 

Pregnancy Ticker