August 2018 Moms

FFFC 4/13

2»

Re: FFFC 4/13

• Late to the game but part of the reason you're restricted from driving after delivery is because your uterus is still enlarged and mildly boggy.  An impact could cause a hemorrhage easier than normal.  Goes for vaginal births as well.
  • Late to the game but part of the reason you're restricted from driving after delivery is because your uterus is still enlarged and mildly boggy.  An impact could cause a hemorrhage easier than normal.  Goes for vaginal births as well.
    But how is there more risk from you driving as opposed to riding in a car? Obviously most people don’t walk home from the hospital....

I was never told anything about not driving after my birth, and my guess is that it’s because it’s an unrealistic expectation, especially if you have older kids.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I had 3 vaginal births and was never given any restrictions. I was at the playground with my 2-day old last time (and his big brothers because... it was June... life goes on and I had no interest in being stuck in the house). The other moms who were there (after preschool) still comment about that - just this weekend the one mom commented about it to me lol. 

My husband will take a week off but that’s likely it... which is fine by me. But yes, I’ll need to drive that second week. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @lalala2004 That’s exactly what I was thinking. You’re still in a car, even if you aren’t driving. We came home from the hospital on Christmas Eve with DS, drove to see family for Christmas, drove to the pedi the day after Christmas, and spent the next few days driving to the hospital 2x/day for bilirubin checks. DH went back to work the day after New Years. I was on my own and definitely didn’t follow doctors orders to not drive. We went grocery shopping, to Walmart for baby stuff, even 1.5hrs away to Erie so I could exchange some Christmas stuff & buy DS more clothes that fit him. 
  • I just remember being told to not lift a certain amount which was why my husband had to come with me my first few outings.  He drove because I was just too uncomfortable.
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • I know I was told not to drive because of the pain meds I was given and both of my births were vaginal.

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I had a vaginal birth and the only “restriction” I had was to try not to go up and down the stairs too much the first couple days (I came home 6 hours after birth). And not to sit on my leg because of the pressure on stitches ha but that was it. 
  • You're still at risk for hemorrhage regardless of driving or not.  If you hemorrhage and lose consciousness while being a passenger you're less of a risk to others, including your newborn who could be riding in the car.