June 2018 Moms

STM+ Check In [April]

13»

Re: STM+ Check In [April]

• @katie121209 I went in to the hospital around 2pm with active labor pains, and waited until 8pm before my csection happened. It wasn't bad until like 6pm, and I don't have a high pain tolerance. It was really just more boring than anything because they weren't sure if they were going to keep me or send me home, so I was stuck in a triage room for hours. 
  • @jsl82 I'm right there with you. 6 weeks (from Wednesday) I'm gonna actively start walking/doing anything safe that could possibly start labor. I'm to ready to be me again. I love babies and can't wait to see this one, but I hate pregnancy. It's miserable and I'm thankful every day that this is my last one. I am enjoying feeling baby move, but everything else, nope. 
    I pulled a muscle in my shoulder standing up, lol. How does that even happen? I'm probably really 95 years old, pretending to be 27.  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • marcus7676  - I always hear people say that women have their 2+ babies sooner but I also feel like that is a myth based on what I've heard from actual medical professionals, what I've read, and just people that I know going over due with their 2nd while they were early/on time with their first.  I do however feel that people saying that labor is faster with your 2nd (and subsequent) child is true.

@may14th2011 - waiting in triage/getting sent home was my nightmare with my first and that is why I stayed home as long as I did and ended up being 10 cm by the time I got to the hospital, ha

• thank you all for the feedback on my crazy birth anxiety. It's comforting to know I'm not alone in the feeling.  I've started reading up on some birth stories and getting my head back into that space that I need it to be in to get through this again.  I'm going to go with the flow on this again and stay home as long as I can without staying home TOO long.  With this being #3 and how quickly my births went before, I'm a little nervous.  My mom had one of my sisters at home unintentionally.

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • Ugh. Started getting sick again this week. I am never hungry, but if I don't eat something the acid in my stomach comes up. If I eat even one bite too many I am getting sick too. Baby has to be sitting on my stomach or something. Yesterday I was getting sick after drinking too much water, but I am so thirsty. I am having dreams about needing water and not being able to find any, or finding some but no one will let me drink it. I am going to the doctor tomorrow and going to ask him if this symptom is concerning (extreme thirst).
  • I hope you get some answers @Xtabbikatx

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @Xtabbikatx hopefully it's just some weird dreams and the dr can give you something for the nausea.  Heartburn has taken away my diet, and the baby has made room for my stomach to expand to eat pretty minimal anyway, but getting sick from drinking too much water would be horrible.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 the heartburn is crazy. I feel better today. I think that when I was working this past weekend ( forgot my water bottle) I wasn't drinking enough and then was trying to drink a bunch at once and it took a few days to hydrate correctly again. I was swelling really bad this past weekend too and now I am not having those issues.
  • @Xtabbikatx - as was having crazy heartburn, middle of the night "Oh my gosh, imma gonna puke" moments... and spoke to my OB. She said because of the relaxin, and pressure form having a growing baby, sometime the valve at the top of your stomach won;t close tight. She gave me a prescription, and it has been a sleep lifesaver. 

Perhaps your OB has something that might help.. 

Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • So doctor said that lack hydration and the gestational diabetes are the two main causes for extreme thirst. We ruled out the diabetes, so all good there. He also mentioned is is much easier to get dehydrated while pregnant and hard to regulate again.  Oh joy. Told me pepcid helps just as much as anything that they prescribe, but if I ever go more than 12 hours without being able to hold anything down, come in and they will at least give me an IV and monitor the baby. 

On another note, baby girl fell off of her growth pattern kind of. I have been measuring a little ahead all pregnancy and they did the tape yesterday, she is now a week behind, so I am getting an ultrasound next appointment to make sure everything is okay and they can gauge how big she is. He is not too concerned, because she is active and heartbeat is good. Said it could be due to the position and/or she could have dropped a little bit. I am excited to see her, but is another thing to worry about. 
  • @Xtabbikatx - Try not to worry.  Measuring fundal height isn't an exact science, and it could be just that she's dropped down lower like the doctor said.

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
  • @Xtabbikatx glad to hear things turned out ok at your ultrasound!! I agree, how is it almost May!?
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kas80kas80 member
    32 weeks.  Pretty uncomfortable, which I remember also from my second. Lots of Braxton hicks, lots of groin and lower belly pain and pressure, lots of heart burn.  This is our last (getting my tubes tied after), so I am trying to enjoy it but man it's hard sometimes.  

Was diagnosed with GD but at my last appt they said they think it may have been wrong.  All my readings have been fine, so that's a relief.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Xtabbikatx - Yay for having your date scheduled!

First Son - born 2013
  • I was wondering why it was dead around here. I guess Facebook took over another bump group. :(

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13