July 2018 Moms

BF Monday 4/9

2»

Re: BF Monday 4/9

• @gingerbride26 sending you all best wishes to get you through the next few days. Ridiculous if he thinks that trip is safe for you to take!

DH continues to be a drama queen. So he decided to lose weight by quitting soda, bread, eating healthier and running. Ok fine, glad he finally found some motivation. Well today he picked up DS and went straight to running, followed by dinner and has then been sitting on the couch only to get up to put DS to bed. I commented/questioned if this is what his new routine is going to be like because yes i was bothered that he just sat there. He got mad and said ok fine i won’t run anymore. Saying i always have to guilt trip him when ever he wants to work out. Sorry dude working out does not get you out of house work. 
    Right now he is taking over the entire couch while I’m stuck in a small corner and he has no intention to even consider making room for me to be comfortable. 
  • @gingerbride26 I hope you can get some good rest over the next few days at least while your daughters at daycare. @wildtot why do husbands have to be so dramatic.

I’m mad at my husband too. (This is my third bitch of the day, I am pathetic). He had a little hissy fit because our dinner takeout order got messed up and was acting like it was such a rough night. Get over it. I’m super annoyed because we bought a glider from a neighbor (I realized we will need a second because we still use my son’s for bedtime) and my husband left It in the garage. I told him it’s going to get moldy or some spider will lay eggs in it or something, and he refuses to move it inside until tomorrow. Okay I know it probably won’t get moldy in one night but I don’t care, I’m going to use this chair to rock our newborn baby, I don’t want it getting gross and smelly  in the garage. He’s literally just sitting on his ass watching tv and playing on his phone. Would be nice if he at least looked up while i’m Hacking up a lung and offered to make me some tea. Nope. Did I mention the glider is next to the elliptical we got ONE MONTH ago to help with my gestational diabetes that he still has not moved into the basement for me yet? Nothing will ever get done unless I nag. And they wonder why we nag so much. Did it ever occur to them that we don’t enjoy nagging. UGH 
  • Loading the player...
  • @wildtot what a crappy day! That definitely sounds like neglect to not change him at all! My husband tries to the pull the same crap it is beyond frustrating. Hugs mama hang in there
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @wildtot Your poor little guy!! I can't imagine how he felt being in the dirty diaper all day. The sitter sounds like she doesn't really care. I hope you get her to realize the severity of it. 

So, it's currently almost 9pm here and 80 degrees...its ridiculous!!! Its dry hot to top it off. I'm not looking forward to this heat the rest of the summer.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @wildtot oh hell no! That's neglectful and I would wonder what other areas of care the sitter is being neglectful in. I would fire the sitter.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wildtot that is crazy! I would be worried about why and how that is happening. The fact that you had to nag her for every three is already frustrating; my daycare did it every two and DS still got rashes. 

@zande2016 my DH is the same with moving shit for me. Often I do stuff myself because he gets in such a pissy mood if I ask him repeatedly to do something, but I wouldn't be able to move a damn elliptical and probably not the glider either!, especially with this belly. Sometimes, having to rely on another person is annoying as shit.

@wildtot DH is currently trying to fit in time to workout and eat healthier. He thinks, "I don't have time" meaning, he won't have time to sit on his ass and stare at the computer and decompress after work. I think, "You are just sitting on your ass staring at the computer, do it then." I can guarantee you that if I nagged him about something after he started working out the first thing to go would be working out, lol, because its easier and gets him right back on the couch.
  • @zombiehoohaa I am jealous - it's 35 here and SNOWING - well ice/rain/snow ish
    @wildtot sounds like your day absolutely blew :( hope you can find some happy today.  DH used to pull the same crap about the gym but he had an epiphany and stopped making excuses and owned up to it's his own dang fault. 
    @zande2016 why do all men do crap like that!? There is still a wall at my parents' house that is half painted at least 15 years later. I also tend to get tired of nagging and just do it myself, but then I get hurt and he gets mad, but eventually i think it made it through his skull that if he'd just done it in the first place... Cute rocker btw!

Today is already as crazy/crappy/stressful as yesterday and it's barely begun >_< I'll save it for TW though. I'm starting to wish I just married rich instead of for love - then I'd be sipping smoothies made by my chef watching the pool boy vaccuum.... girl can dream right?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I spoke to the sitter this morning at drop off and asked if everything was ok yesterday that might of led to no diaper change. Side note: her mom is a foster mom and cares 1-2 infant/ toddlers under 3 yrs. ok so she says that they have two babies and has been helping with their diapers changes and since she’s elbow deep in those all day she generally doesn’t worry about DS unless he’s soaking. Um no! He still needs a change because that’s how they get rashes. So I asked her nicely (again) for her to change him 2-3 times a day since that’s his usual during the weekend and due to the irritation he gets in his frontal area. She said yeah she can do that and will make sure to change him before and after naps. We’ll see how that goes but I will probably need to have another talk to check in. I am also debating on asking the other little girl’s mom if she’s having a similar experience. Foster kids aside, she is only caring for DS and the little girl (same age range). Would it be weird to talk to the other mom?
  • @wildtot that's still ridiculous - you've said something what? 3 times? how hard is it to change a diaper every 2-3 hours!?  Depends on your relationship with the other mom, if you've chatted before I think it's totally fine, keep it casual.  If you've never chatted before it might be a little weird - but if she has issues with one concerned mom to another that's her problem.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 we have spoken once before only because we are doing a nanny share in May since our sitter will be away for a week. We talked about a play date to get to know each other more. Maybe i can start the convo that way. 
    I’m bit think about when we potty train what’s gonna happen then?!?
  • @wildtot I don't know if this woman really understands what a big deal this is...she seems so casual and whatever about it. Sometimes my mom is really lax about diaper changes and my son will be soaked when I get home, which does bug me, but for sure she changes when he has poop and would never go a whole day without changing him. Or if she did by accident she would be really apologetic about it. I guess it's the lack of reaction out of your sitter that would bug me. I'd definitely try to talk to the other mom about it if you can do it in a casual way. 
  • @wildtot I think it's ok to approach the other mom in a friendly/calm way. 

I'm still concerned about this sitter. This stuff is common sense and the basics of child care. I don't understand why they are "agreeing" to your requests like you're asking for some sort of favor when it's the basics. It this person licensed?  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wildtot I would talk to the other mom. I always do that at DS daycare. It is nice to compare notes and gripes. Sometimes if more than one parent speaks up, things change faster. I am angry about the no diaper change for you and would consider switching places. Changing a diaper is basic care 101. Can you imagine sitting in your own pee all day?
  • I’m considering finding someone else but need to talk to DH since it will hit our budget harder with two. Maybe even closer to work instead of home idk yet. It really bugs me how non reactive she is. 
  • @wildtot agree with the others! Also she cares for two kids and sometimes two fosters in diapers? I don't mean to minimize what women with 4 kids do, and I doubt many women can relate to three or for in diapers at once, but when she says she is "elbow deep" in changing the fosters that makes no sense. 4 kids,change them back to back, done. Give it an hour or so, do it again starting with the first kid. Do this 3 times a day. I don't see wiggle room on this at all, especially if you have told her buying diapers isn't an issue. If its an issue for the other kids' parents, let them not have their kids changed. I agree, talk to the other mom! I talked to other moms at the daycare when we had play dates I think if you have a play date and ask when thats happening its not weird.

I've never worked in daycare and I only have one child, and only 1 will be in diapers when LO comes, but this seems like it should be easier than she' making it. And her lack of reaction to your upsetedness would get to me too.
  • Dude, @wildtot, if your sitter can't handle all the diaper changes then she needs to not watch kids. It comes with the territory. 

All this talk from you all about your babysitters and daycare problems makes me so scared of changing providers one day if I need to. I have a really good thing going with our current daycare and our nanny, and if those don't work out for whatever reason I will freak out.

Who said their lady has 14 kids at one time? In my state that's illegal unless u have another paid caregiver. I might question whether her license is real and in good standing.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @flockofmoosen3 breaking up with a good sitter is sad, wish our old one wasn’t a 20 min commute. Thanks ladies we have some follow up to do on this. 
  • @wildtot That’s such a BS excuse- you’d think if she was already changing diapers for the fosters she would think to change the diapers of the other kids at the same time. Scheduling and childcare 101 is it not? I could see going a little longer with a toddler but to not change him all day and to be so unapologetic about it is beyond me. Will she help you with potty training too? That would be a whole different nightmare. I think it would be worthwhile to bring it up with the other mom and see if she’s having any issues too. The whole situation with her is feeling more and more shady.