July 2018 Moms

Re: BF Monday 4/9

• wildtotwildtot member
    edited April 2018
    Selfishly created (yet again). 
    DH forgot to take the trash out this morning so I tried to roll it out. I was almost successful until the entire thing tipped over to the side. I managed to keep the lid on so nothing came out but it was such a disgusting pain to flip it back up. The one person who drove by didn’t even stop to help a struggling pregnant woman! 
    Eta TB needs to get it together! I’m tired of trying to use the back arrow on my phone. 
  • @wildtot I hate taking the trash out! We don’t have trash service at our house and my H has a dumpster at his business so he takes all the trash there but it *always* piles up before he takes it over. I don’t even like taking the trash out of the trash can. I’ll take it out of the can and then put it right in the path my H needs to take to get in the house so he gets the picture that I don’t do trash. I’m also always surprised out infrequently people help someone who is struggling. 

My bf- had to take my DS to a well check this morning. We’ve had the same nurse the last couple of visits and she is always running late. It’s irritating to be on time to your appointment and be the last person in the waiting room.. wtf. It also sucks because DS is sooo wild and just runs around and makes noise the whole time. It’s not as cute when you’re 6. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I don’t understand DH’s lazy stupid brain. He’ll actually take 4-5 trips back and forth from litter boxes to the garbage when he’s cleaning them instead of taking a freaking grocery bag and making one trip per box. I don’t get it. Not only is he making more work for himself but he’s making more work for ME by tracking little pieces of litter all over the place.
  • @acunamatada girl we have a genie and the man still complains! @hillbillywife wish they would wave the copays or feed if they are running late. They have the nerve to charge the patient for being late why can’t we?!
  • @wildtot for real! Her excuse today was that her computer wasn’t working which, fine, valid excuse. Last time, though, she was talking and forgot to double check her schedule.  Grr!
  • It snowed yet again yesterday UGH! I want spring get your ish together mother nature! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @wildtot @hillbillywife I also hate taking the trash out. I just don't do it, it's very much been established that it is my husband's job in our household. Every Thursday morning they pick up from the bottom of our driveway, and without fail, my husband never brings the cans back up until late Friday night or Saturday. I get SO annoyed, but I refuse to move the dirty smelly heavy cans up our narrow steep driveway. 

My BF is my throat still hurts. GO AWAYYYYY. It's significantly better than yesterday, but still to the point where it hurts to talk and swallow. I'm working from home yet again, and since I haven't been in the office since Wednesday, I feel really anxious/nervous that I'm missing something or messing something up. It's stupid because I've still been working (though not much on Thurs/Fri when I was really really sick), but for some reason I can't shake the anxious feeling of being really behind. 
  • @zande2016 I feel the same way! But I've been working, just at a slower pace.

My BF is also being sick. I feel like 85% for most of the day but mornings and nights are the worst. I got 6.5 hours without waking up but then started coughing out all the crap. The Robitussin is helpful and I should have started it sooner...thanks for the Vicks suggestion, it did help.

What sucks is that my tonsils are swollen from coughing so much and my head hurts for the same reason. And I'm super paranoid about the baby non being super active. Blah. I'm ready to feel better. 

DH brought me breakfast in bed so he gets kudos today!

Also I don't take out the trash ever. It's a silent agreement with DH that he is always going to do that :)
  • Great it’s snowing  :s
    Dr office just called that a bunch of women are going into labor and doctor might not be able to see me for my follow up. Poo. Hopefully i can still see someone.
  • Sorry everyone's sick! :( It took a solid 3-4 weeks for me to feel better with the chest thing so just hang in there!
    Well that turned into a novel...even for me...guess I had a lot of pent up rage... Reader's Digest: I'm an idiot, I think I came off "rest" too soon, more kitchen woes so I'm DIY, another wonderful family dinner but i'm too miserable/sore to play nice...

First day back out in the world and OMG what a morning from hell... Had my annual physical at 8 am...(bright side - lungs sounded good despite still coughing up crap) went down the hall for my bloodwork and waited for forever despite being only 3rd in line...then they said someone was in the bathroom (lady knocked and told me to wait) so I waited 10 min to find out no one was in there...then when I finally got to pee, I turned in the tiny @$$ bathroom and knocked my sample on the floor (non-clean catch obviously)....luckily it was enough left that i didn't have to go back but OMG.  Mostly my fault but still OMG.  I came into the office since I was already out and both in-laws are watching DD today so no rest at home...but by 10 am I already felt like I'd over done it and someone had tried to play wishbone with my pelvis...so back to bed for the rest of the week and DH leaves for business trip tonight until Fri.... FML

Had a crap call with IKEA designer on Friday and my realtor never made it over to give her 2 cents this weekend...so DH and I put our design caps on...here's what I'm 99% sure we're going with as best compromise of pantry storage and counter space with minimal re-plumbing and electric. What do you think?

Had dinner with the in-laws for FIL's birthday and they spent a big chunk of the time suggesting names that we just kept saying no to (for once my pain was high enough I didn't just smile and nod and play nice) - they've already asked 3 times in the last 3 weeks if we have any names, we don't pick one until we look at the kid in the hospital, which they know from DD, we did share top 5 but that wasn't until a month before birth.  Bright side - we got there first and DH was strategic on where he sat me so crazy aunt S couldn't get near me.  The 30 min car ride then 3 hour dinner and 30 min ride home was too much though, I was hurting from those hard chairs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 awesome design skills! Sounds like a tiring dinner!
  • acunamatada yuck!  My DH cleans the box and puts everything into a grocery bag but then leaves it downstairs! I’m like WTF just take it outside! He will legit leave it downstairs until he has to clean it again.  And it freaking stinks because we have two cats.

I live in NH and I am just so ready for warm weather.  This time last year it was like 75.  Although I guess Saturday is supposed to be nice.  I just don’t want to wear pants anymore L

• Speaking of cats, I'm having an issue with the dogs getting into the litter box.  Anyone else have ideas or suggestion on how to remedy?  I'm considering short term putting the litter box in the bath tub in the downstairs guest bathroom (which rarely gets used) and then long term putting it inside a piece of furniture.
  • @wildtot boo!! both to the snow and to not being able to your follow up maybe. Fingers crossed they still can! 

• @babygagnon2018....i feel you on the weather...I'm in VT and its cold here too! I am going to Indiana to visit some fam here in the next few days and Thursday and Friday it supposed to be 75 ish. SO excited. At least its sunny.

BF for me-people who back into spots. I have experienced it three times today, and all times it was someone doing it while I was still in my car. So our driver's sides were right next to each other, and they opened their door and took their sweet ass time getting out and I'm like, THIS WOULDNT BE A PROBLEM IF YOU PARKED NORMALLY. Bah.
  • It’s chilly here and I’m ready for summer already too! 
    Dh always takes out the trash but getting it out of the house into the garbage is all On me for some reason. 
    My bf is that since Saturday DS has randomly broken out in little hives and we cannot figure out what is triggering them! He’s not bothered by them but it’s frustrating not knowing why. Also it’s monday and DH might go out of town for the week but he doesn’t have confirmation yet, seems crazy not to know yet. 
  • @MichelleAG05 my dog went through a cat poop snack phase too. I’ve always needed covered litter boxes because of it, we never needed one with a flap on the opening, but that helps too. We recently put one in the living room and I bought this to put it inside so it’s not such an eye sore. It was like $60, it’s not available now but there’s other styles around that price too. 
    I’ve seen people make their own top opening litter boxes too out of those Rubbermaid totes, but I’m not that handy lol 

• @smashjam we call that bitch parking. Lol 

Weather here is currently in the 80's and supposed to get into the 90's. I know, most are thinking, "hell yeah! I'll take that over snow." However, it's supposed to go down to 70 degrees in 2 days, then spike back up to the 80/90 range the next day. I'm all for nice weather, however it would be WONDERFUL if it stuck to one range for a while. 

Re trash: getting Dh to take out the trash or do the dishes is a bf. I have to literally bitch at him and then he resentfully does it all while telling me I don't have to be a nag. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• This labcorp smells like foot spray and bad breath   :s
  • Thanks @acunamatada - I'll check those out!
  • @wildtot gross!! 
    @crabcake18 oh no hope you can find out the trigger soon! 

• zande2016zande2016 member
    edited April 2018
    Ooh ooh I have another! Couldn’t find my car key anywhere when I had to leave to pick my son up for daycare, and the spare doesn’t work (push to start car, key needs battery, so can’t start car with it). Called my husband like 5 times to ask where it is, since I haven’t driven in days from being sick, and he wasn’t answering his personal or work cell. I was about to grab the stroller and walk to daycare when I finally found it in my husbands jacket pocket. Then I get to daycare and I’m kind of rushing to get my son because he’d been there since 7:30 and we didn’t send an extra snack for him to stay late. This Other mom is literally 2 steps ahead of me, and she puts her code in to unlock the door. Every child has their own code for their parents or caregivers to open the door. I totally get that in this crazy unsafe world we have to be careful, but this woman was so ridiculous about it. She literally pushed the door closed in my face, so I held my hand out to keep it open. I’m clearly a parent - I mean I’m driving a car with an empty care seat and I’m visibly pregnant, did she really think I was coming in there to steal children? Then she rudely told me to put my own code in. It was just the way she said/did it...it was so obnoxious. I grabbed the door and slammed it closed and put my code in and reopened it. And called her a name under my breathe as I did it. Then I went and got my son from the toddler room, the teacher didn’t even acknowledge me. I mean it’s a new person literally every day, so I never even know who is watching my kid, so I just yelled at to the open room: “okay, I’m taking my son home now....” she didn’t even turn around and just yelled out “bye!” 

Just an aggravating evening so far all around, and I can’t wait for my husband to get home so I can go to sleep. Blah. 
  • If I waited on my husband to take out the trash, I would be living in a landfill ;)
  • @zande2016 kinda scary that a teacher wouldn’t acknowledge when a child is being pick up! That there seems unsafe. The whole code thing i get it but it’s definitely annoying the way she did it. I usually test people at that point with questions or at least politely/jokingly say something about the code. 
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited April 2018
    @cseley321 this feels like the problem I have lol. But I’m good at pretending I don’t see stuff so I just let it drive him crazy haha 

@SmashJam this is my husband. To be fair to him he drives a big truck and a lot of times it’s easier/safer for him to back into a space. Parking lots are definitely made for small cars and especially busy ones are hard to get out of backing out. edited to add- it does drive me crazy we he does it with my car or something and we need to put stuff in the trunk and the cart doesn’t fit inbetween cars and there’s a car parked behind us making it a b to put stuff in the trunk. 
  • @wildtot, I know, I guess with teachers not even checking who is picking kids up I should be happy people are like that with the codes. Don’t get me wrong, I get it, but she could have been a decent person about it. It was like she rushed to get inside really quickly just so she’d have time to close the door firmly in my face. I would have initiated a conversation and been like oh whose class is your child in? Or something like that to make sure they’re a parent. 
  • @zande2016 that is total b move! She could have been way more understanding and kind about it! also I would complain about the teacher's lack of acknowledgement that is dangerous 

• @lindsayleigh1989 my sons last day there is next week, and I feel like they just stopped trying with us, knowing we’re leaving. The last few weeks it’s just been one thing after another with them. I’m so ready to be done with them! 
  • I'm having a really amazingly sh*tty day at work, and it's the tip of the iceberg for what will be a complete sh*tshow 5 alarm fire sort of situation that will likely continue on through the remainder of my time before I go on mat leave. It's an outside stress, thankfully not my coworkers, just a garbage situation we're dealing with. Just texted my instructor and asked if she had a hard class planned for tonight's workout, I need to blow off some serious steam! The rest of class is gonna hate me, but I don't really care, this rage needs to be channeled into so many squats! LOL.
  • wildtotwildtot member
    edited April 2018
    So pissed right now. So we were running low on our usual day diapers (target brand) and decided to use up some of the leftover huggies that we didn’t like. We used a huggies diaper in the am before dropping off DS. Can you guess what he came home in? Over 9 hours later?! In the same huggies diaper. I only noticed because he pooped and almost had a blow out from the pee filled diaper. I am seriously trying to think about how to approach this without being too inappropriate. All this after just a few days ago i asked her to change him every 3 hrs due “doctors orders”. UGH!!!
    edited words fro upset typing
  • @wildtot that is not ok! I'd be pissed too!
  • I’m seriously thinking of marking the diapers each morning to keep track. This is ridiculous! I will buy all the diapers in the world just change them! 
  • @hillbillywife all three times it was a huge truck. I guess I didn't think of it like that, it probably is easier to park a huge car by backing in than making a three point turn to sneak into a spot between cars.
  • @wildtot that is beyond not okay. Poor kid was in the same diaper for 9 hours? Aside from being really uncomfortable, that’s a health issue! I wouldn’t feel bad about confronting them about that. It’s one thing if they’re slacking a little, but they’re just legit not tending to one of his most basic needs. I probably wouldn’t do it in an angry/mean way, but I’d be very up front about it. 
  • @wildtot I’d be pissed! Screw politeness at that point, 9 hours is ridiculous and borderline neglectful. I would say that it looks like they’re not changing him enough and mention that you provide the diapers and don’t mind if they change him more often so he’s not having blowouts as soon as he leaves. 
  • @zande2016 i called her and pretty much said i get if it was a one off occurrence and that i only noticed because of the diaper we had to use. But that I’d appreciate more frequent changes and that i really don’t care spending on diapers if she needs them. Also because if the redness he gets from being wet too long. All she said was yeah “that’s fine”. No apology or explanation or excuse. I need to have a more face to face talk with her especially if she’s taking baby later this year. I mean i know how many diapers he goes through on the weekends it doesn’t make sense for her stash to last that long.
  • Backing into parking spots, my DH is guilty of that lol, but he is respectful of others trying to park.

@wildtot the diaper situation definitely needs to be addressed, that is not ok!
    @zande2016 ugh, seems like a BF of a day, period.
    @zombiehoohaa I'm so with you! This is the weather that makes me sick! 80 one day, 60 the other, then 80 again...I must say I was missing a bright sunny day but it's already stuffy upstairs. Ugh. 

I've been very unproductive at work yet again but at the moment I'm feeling better. Unfortunately I had committed to sub a class so I'm heading there shortly, a little nervous because it's lifting and I haven't really done that in a few weeks. As long as the microphone works, I should be ok. At this point the bump is pretty obvious so I'll be very much modifying...

@noideawhatshesdoing I hope you have a good class and get to blow off some steam!

Fx the cough from hell doesn't come back tonight and it's at least not as violent...
  • @kissableviv my instructor got back to me and said that she has a doozy of a set planned for tonight with some new choreography, and it's a longer workout so hopefully this does the trick. If not, DH bravely (stupidly?) said he'd hold my kick pads tonight since I'm not allowed to spar with a partner at the moment. Normally he won't volunteer for that, but my balance is a little wonky these days and I can't get in the full rotations so I'm not hitting as hard, so maybe he thinks it won't be as bad. Silly boy, I have more mass these days! Hope you start to feel better and that the lifting goes well! Good luck! Maybe some blood flow will just knock out the rest of your bug!
  • @SmashJam yea my husband is also an avid back-in kind of parker - depending on spot I'll do it too, but both of us would have sat and waited for other person to get out and leave before getting out of the car and it doesn't take us that much longer if at all to back in vs pull in (yay 360 backup camera FTW)
    @zande2016 so much rage at all that.  Just no - glad he's leaving soon too much drama and BS
    @wildtot not ok at all.  I also was thinking the word "neglect" while I read that.  I also had a bitch comment about "wtf am I paying you for if you don't even change his diaper in NINE F'N HOURS".

I kind of have another one...I didn't realize how angry I am that DH went on this business trip.  It is literally my first day leaving the house on my own, my pain is now at an 8, I can barely walk, but I'm home alone with a 2 year old for 4 nights in a 3 floor house.  I appreciate him making sure daycare could take her full time to give me a reprieve except for wake up, dinner, and bedtime...but all drama queen aside I just hope I don't go into labor this week while he's gone...I'm high risk for PROM and we just had a scare on Tuesday that sent us to the hospital...and I'm pretty sure he still thinks it's totally cool for me to fly to FL and then drive 2 hours to the hotel in a few weeks...maybe i'm just hormonal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker