July 2018 Moms
Options

Questions w/o 4/2

2»

Re: Questions w/o 4/2

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa i'm very fortunate that i'm able to do my job from home/bed - if I have my laptop, vpn token, and cell phone I can do anything here I can in the office (except stalk people or sit on their desk and stare at them until they answer).  For the most part, I just set a top 3-5 daily priorities (depending on sick level) versus my usual 7 item to-do list and do a combo of "just keep swimming" and "fake it 'til you make it".  I tend to be snappier and have less patience, but my boss seems to think that i'm better at my job when i'm cranky - go figure.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @zombiehoohaa I've taken 3 sick days and worked from home a day recently. I feel really bad about it but man I needed the rest, plus I was coughing so much no one would have wanted me here. I'm fortunate in that I have a ton of sick time and my work is pretty flexible. 

Normally I'd chug some dayquil and suck it up but I felt so bad with the coughing and wheezing and not being able to breathe. 

Also, I peed a tiny bit during really bad coughing fits, PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one. Please?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @runsomewhere not the only one! Thankfully it happens to me when I already have to pee and maybe I sneeze really hard. It surely sucks though!

@gingerbride26 I like your advice! I've been a total sloth at work since I got pregnant and trying hard to find motivation. I also work from home. Gonna start doing more time blocking and lists to at least make sure that the essential gets done.

• Options
    @runsomewhere Not the only one! When I was in the worst of my bronchitis a few weeks ago I had a coughing fit and ran to the bathroom. When I got there the violent coughing made me gag so i turned around and threw up and peed at the same time. It was a mess.. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    @runsomewhere.... me every time i have a coughing fit: 
    I've been wearing depends pads for 2 weeks now...  This is way worse than last pregnancy or PP...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kissableviv it does suck! I don't remember this from my last pregnancy. I now always cross my legs when I sneeze or cough just ion case. 

@MrsMiller8588 that sounds awful, hope you're feeling better. Also, a ton of us on this BMB have had bronchitis, what's up with that? 

@gingerbride26 LOL @ that gif. I don't remember this from last time either but I wasn't coughing like this then. Hope our bodies start getting it together soon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere you are not alone...no matter how many kegels I do, when a coughing fit is happening or a big hard sneeze, I pee. I've been wearing panty liners because of the whole discharge, so theyve come in handy for the snissing episodes...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @runsomewhere You're definitely not alone.  I've been wearing liners for 2 weeks now for the same reason.  Sadly, this was happening to me even before this pregnancy (this is my 3rd).  My midwife is strongly suggesting PT after baby comes to strengthen my pelvic floor. 

On a different note--anyone else having potential preterm labour issues? Is there a preterm labour thread? With my last son, I went into labour at 33 weeks; they were able to stop it, and I was put on bed rest.  (Delivered at 38 weeks.) With this one, I've been having intense Braxton Hicks for the last 3 weeks, with cramping thrown in for kicks and giggles the last week or so.  They checked me three weeks ago--fetal fibronectin came back negative, and my cervix was closed and hard.  Today I went in because I'd been having Braxton Hicks/fairly painful cramping off and on since 5 am.  Put me on the monitor, no contractions.  But, when she checked my cervix, it's now soft and she can get her fingertip all the way in.  So now I'm waiting on the results of the 2nd fetal fibronectin to see if I need the steroid shot, etc.  Anyone else dealing with this?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Wife to one amazing man~~
    ~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • Options
    @ethnomusicwhat i went through that with DS. I am 25 wks and have been having contractions since 16 wks. Went into L&D last week due to some tinted discharge. All test were negative and cervix is good but they saw how many contractions i was getting. So I’m just keeping an eye on them. Last time i ended up on full disability starting 30 wks and was on medication since 16 wks for contractions. No meds this time around. So not officially preterm labor watch but I’m concerned.
  • Options
    @wildtot That sounds stressful! Yay for negative tests and happy cervixes, though.  Hoping everything goes smoothly for you this time around. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • Options
    Question on fever during late 2nd trimester...this is officially my first fever while pregnant. Is it really important to bring it down even though I'm past 1st trimester? My mom went and looked in the what to expect book, which says to bring fever down right away and call the doctor/midwife if it gets above 100.4. It's 100.1 now, I usually like to let my fever fight the infection but I guess I should suck it up and take Tylenol? And is it really necessary to call my midwife after hours about a fever? It seems excessive. I really hope this isn't the flu, I feel so horrible. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 i would personally be freaking out and call. But i have no experience. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @zande2016 the interwebs say lukewarm bath or cool cloth if you want to avoid tylenol, but I guess it still doesn't allow the fever to fight the infection. I would take the tylenol and reassess if it stays up in the morning. When I had fevers even in the first tri and they weren't super high, no one cared. It was maddening because I was like, I HAVE A FEVER FOR A REASON ITS BEEN A WEEK.
  • Options
    @ethnomusicwhat We do have a High Risk Check In that you are welcome to post in for pre-term labor concerns. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that ever posts a new thread and we don't have a ton of HR ladies so it's unusual for me to start a new post every week. I certainly can do that though if it's going to be a more active thread.
  • Options
    @smashjam I decided to take the Tylenol and not bother the midwife until tomorrow. I'm trusting my instinct that I'm okay. Fever got up to 100.5 but with Tylenol it came down so we'll see. 
  • Options
    There is no symptoms thread so I’ll ask here. Anyone getting night sweat? I’ve had them twice in a we already. I don’t remember this with DS.
  • Options
    @wildtot I woke up sweaty early this morning. Our house is usually pretty warm though (75+). But it was around 69 when we went to bed so I’m not sure what made me sweaty lol. 
  • Options
    @hillbillywife yeah we leave ours at 67 at night but i actually even lowered it to 66 before i went to bed and still got sweaty in the middle of the night. 
  • Options
    @wildtot I get sweaty at night. I sleep warm not pregnant and found I am generally warmer in general when I am so it's not really surprising to me. We keep our heat really low at night but with me and DH and two dogs in the room/bed our bedroom basically feels like a sauna. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I'll look for that.  I had initially scrolled through the first couple of pages looking for something along those lines, but if it's not terribly active, it may have gotten buried. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • Options
    @ethnomusicwhat I didn't post one this week and maybe not even last week(?). It's a Tuesday thread so I'll do one next week :)
  • Options

@savanna111911 I just use my same old undies. haven't needed to buy maternity. although they sound like they would be amazing.

@kissableviv we used norm onseies and they didn't bother DS umbilical stump at all. The onseies were a little big on DS anyway so that helped. Im hoping its the same this time around.

@runsomewhere you are def not alone. Its the worst!

I have a question for all of you and I'm sorry if its been asked before, I cant get on here as often as I would like, but I was wondering about classes. When I had my first we didn't do any sort of classes. This time around since we have a 3 year old I want to sign him up for Sibling class. It looks like the next one is May 5 and then nothing after that, do you think that's too far out for a sibling class? I am due July 12th, but will be scheduled at 39 weeks for a C- Section.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    @wysmom14 nah, I don't think that's too early. At his age he will still remember it plus it gives you a foundation to keep the new sibling conversation going.

I haven't heard of sibling classes at all till the Bump now I'm questioning if we should do this with DD *heads over to google* 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @wysmom14 our hospital offers them but DS is gonna be 2 soon and he probably wouldn’t care much unless it’s interactive. The description doesn’t sound interactive.
  • Options
    @wysmom14 and @wildtot below is what my hospital offers, is that what everyone is talking about?

Sibling Celebration

Children, ages 2 to 6, are welcome discover the fun of becoming a big brother or sister. Your child will get hands-on experience with a life-like baby, practice changing diapers and holding the baby, and get a child's perspective of how new babies look, talk and what to expect from their new sibling – from the sticky and gooey to the messy and loud. In the class, you will also learn songs to sing to the baby and end with a graduation ceremony (including a t-shirt).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere
    this what mine says...not as exciting as yours. I should call for more details.

Kangaroo Kapers 

This class is designed for children ages 1 ½ to 5 ½. Children will learn about the hospital and visiting routines, newborn behavior and basic baby care skills. Children will also learn about some of the different emotions that may be experienced when a sibling is added to the family. Children and parents will be encouraged to ask questions, and parents will remain with their children throughout class. 

• Options

@runsomewhere @wildtotyes our hospital does something like that no graduation though. They play a super sibling video, have a coloring book and then do some hands on stuff. its only an hour. I think it would be fun for DS to feel special as a big brother in training.

" this fun and interactive class prepares children ages 3 though 8 years old for the arrival of a new baby to the family. Future siblings love to learn about the arrival of their new brother or sister. Your child will receive coloring pages for a Big Brother or a Big Sister, a coloring book about becoming sibling and watch a video titled "Super Sibling". The video will discuss what it is like to have a newborn in your family. A nurse will discuss safety around the new baby such as toys that are safe or dangerous and how all babies need special attention and care. Parents will receive handouts related to the hospital. Please bring a doll, stuffed animal or teddy bear with you so your child can experience diapering their own "baby"

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @wildtot and @wysmom14 my DD is 2 and a half so on the younger side for these classes and I think they're not really necessary but it might be fun. I'm thinking of planning a special "big sister" day for DD and including the class as part of it, then maybe doing lunch and having her pick out a toy for her little sister and a big girl toy for herself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Love that idea @runsomewhere!   I just looked and our hospital does not offer a sibling class, but I may do a Big Sister day with my DD when the time gets closer too!  
  • Options

@runsomewhere that sounds like a great plan! I want to do a few special days with DS I feel major mom guilt about him not being an only anymore.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @runsomewhere it doesn't seem like my hospital offers these classes but I love the idea of a "Sibling day" and picking out a toy for the little one and themselves. I just might steal that one!