June 2018 Moms

Questions? [4/1]

Re: Questions? [4/1]

• izza2izza2 member
    @LaceyBee522 - Make sure when you're taking your BP at home you're also using the right size cuff (it shouldn't be close to popping off when it inflates, and there should be some indicator lines that it should end up between if it's the right size). A cuff that's too small will show a false high reading; and the opposite for a cuff that's too big (it'll show a false low reading). You should be resting before checking your BP, and your feet should never be crossed.

@elsie42 - Your Hemoglobin would be low if you were anemic. Don't be too worried about a slightly low RBC count - it's not a cause for concern unless it's really low, or you have other abnormal results along with it that would signify another issue. You can always focus on taking in more iron-rich foods if you're concerned about your Hemoglobin level being on the low-end of normal.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @silvergreen Personally, I never needed breast pads with DD. With DS1, I never went a day without. I leaked most during the day, usually at work, so I took disposables (+1 to Lansinoh.) At night, I didn't leak as much, and wore reusable (Bamboobies.) I really liked how soft they are and they make pads specifically for nighttime, too (I'm cheap and got mine for free, but in retrospect, I would like to have tried the nighttime ones and may do so if needed.)
  • Loading the player...
  • @katie121209 and @jsl82 by any chance were you guys using always pads?  Those caused rashes for almost everyone in my last BMB.  I used the 100% cotton pads (seventh generation, naturacare) and never got the rash despite being in pads for close to 12 weeks.  There is something on always that did not treat me kindly and seems to affect other people too.

On nursing pads - I bought a ton before DS.  I never leaked, so never needed them.  Before spending a ton, see if you can get a smaller pack first just to see if you need them.
  • Thanks @izza2 for your response to @elsie42 regarding anemia. I just got my panel back and RBC, Hemoglobin, and Hematocrit are low. I'm still taking a gummy prenatal and bought an iron supplement for that reason, but having been taking it. Guess I'll start now.
  • +1 to waiting and seeing if you actually leak before investing in a big box. I was given a huge box for a shower gift and I think I used 2 out of the whole box because I didn't really leak. I did invest in a comfortable nursing sports bra to sleep in though that absorbed the few drops I did have at night.
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @marcus7676 I probably was using Always- not 100% sure about the brand now, but Always tends to have good deals so I probably picked up a few packages.  I'll have to see about trying the 100% cotton ones this time.  I do think a lot of it is that my skin is super sensitive on a good day- I've had issues from bandages after having moles removed too.  Hopefully switching brands and getting ahead of the rash with diaper cream will mean I heal much easier this time. 
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 definitely try a different brand. I think CVS even sells a 100% cotton one now too.  I think it's the plastic on the always that cause the reaction for me.
  • @marcus7676 yes it was always brand! I’ll have to grab some of those others and see if they help! 
  • Does anyone know where you kind find the completion discount info on your BBB registry? I've searched all through the "my account" area and can't find info on it anywhere. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • For others that returned items to Pinkblush @Amphibious22 @becca_123 how long did it take to get your return? I have been tracking the shipment back to them and I imagine they use the most basic ground shipping because it took two weeks to get back to them but it says it was delivered Monday and I wouldn't think it would take too long to scan it in and issue the refund. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krashke It took mine a really long time. I want to say it was almost three weeks before I got my refund. I think their returns are the only downside to Pinkblush. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krashke an insanely long time.  I returned via usps and didn’t have tracking and I was almost concerned it didn’t get back to them and it was $180 worth of stuff.  I just got my refund this Monday gone.. so like 18 days total including weekends?  And the refund showed up about 3-4 days after I got the email but that included a weekend.
  • @krashke because my return was due to a shipping error on their part, they issued the refund (for clothes and shipping costs) before I even sent it back. I think that may have been special circumstances though. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Those of you who got the $100 credit for being Amazon prime members, what did you use it on/going to use it on?  I got a diaper genie at my shower so I’ll buy some of the refill bags with it but wondering if there are any reco’s regarding best wipes etc.  I wish they had Pamper’s diapers on there but they don’t.
  • @becca_123 tell me more about this $100 credit. I'm a prime member and have an Amazon registry. Does it just show up with the completion discount? 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Chiming in to know more from @becca_123...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @becca_123 are you talking about the $100 if $1000 worth of eligibile stuff is purchased off your registry? Bc we have prime and I didn’t hear about a $100 credit 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Agree - I do not know about the $100 credit! Tell us more, @becca_123!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 @Amphibious22 The diapers and wipes credit!  I thought it was common knowledge lol.  I’ll go screenshot.. I think it’s the one where you buy $1000 of stuff on your registry first (I bought my uppababy vista on Amazon)
  • Ah, I doubt I'd be eligible.  As a TTM, I put a few things on Amazon for a registry, only told my mom it was there in case someone wanted to get something (there won't be a shower/sprinkle or anything) and zero things have been purchased by anyone (not that I expected anyone to).  I don't even think I have $1000 of stuff listed.  LOL.

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
  • @becca_123 MH did a lot of research on wipes (I know he picks the oddest things to get invested in) and he said that the Amazon Elements wipes are the best priced natural wipes on the market. 

I was also thinking about ordering diapers that are available at other stores, Target, because they will let you do a trade in. Even if I'm not planning on trading them in, I'm just not sure what will work for baby so if I order $100 in diapers and they don't work, I can take the unopened boxes to Target to try something else. 
    *TW LC*

• Sorrrryyyy I didn’t mean to get everyone’s hopes up immediately  :#:#  Yes, it’s when $1000 has been purchased off of registry.  Pic below.

• idk if I'd qualify either. I technically have registries at Amazon, Target, and BBB for the discount, but I collected all of that stuff and put it on a babylist registry for people to buy stuff from. I wonder if cloth diapers would qualify for the credit though because I am planning on buying all my fluff from Amazon. Might be worth saving a bigger purchase to get the credit..
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @krashke That’s a smart tip about the diapers!  I might have to try that if I have credit left over.  And good to know about the wipes - I heard a bunch of good stuff about water wipes too and they’re on the list - does YH know anything about them? Lol
  • @becca_123 I wanted to go with water wipes but he thinks they are too expensive. $0.02/wipe vs $0.06/wipe so that's what got him on the hunt for the best prices unscented natural wipe. There are more ingredients in the Amazon wipes but they don't contain alcohol or parabens or other things that I am told by marketing execs are bad lol. 
    *TW LC*

• Go to "offers and benefits" and then "baby bucks" then you'll be at the page @becca_123 showed above then click "learn more" and you can see all the products that qualify 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Also if anyone is planning to or ends up formula feeding there's a bunch of that eligible too!
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @krashke thank yh for me, I will check them out  :)
  • @becca_123 and @krashke - I tried Waterwipes when I got a free sample through Influenster.  I wasn't wild enough about them to switch.  They are pricier than others and are essentially just water (why pay that much for water?  You could just use wash cloths with water if that's what you're looking for...)

First Son - born 2013
  • @becca_123 we use the amazon element wipes with DD. The purple one, I think sensitive. They are def the best priced that I have found but they aren’t as “wet” as other wipes. Sometimes I feel I use more of them than like the huggies “one and done” wipes. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @becca_123 We also use the purple "sensitive" Amazon elements wipes. I agree with @sunshineandwhiskey that they aren't quite as wet, but I actually like that? I feel like my son's butt never dries off when I use other wipes, and I don't like to diaper him up when he's all damp!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • @mytinc Which wipes did you prefer? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We use water wipes, mainly for the lack of other ingredients. I’m not planning on switching but I may have to look at these Amazon wipes. 
  • My SIL told me recently that the Costco Kirkland wipes are great, that they seem to actually "wipe" whereas some others do more smearing and require way more wipes. 
  • I want to say it was the Pampers natural clean that we bought in bulk via the spend 1k Amazon thing and get $100 from last time around. We are still working through those suckers. I prefer every wipe we have tried to those. They’re so thin and don’t hold moisture well. I prefer the textured ones for getting in there to clean things up with minimal effort. Once they get wiggly time is of the essence.

The good news about anything that dries up is that you can just pour some water in and voila, moist again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bearmoons we use Costco Kirkland wipes and I love them. Before that we used Sam's club wipes, which I also like. 
    Costco wipes are not thin/flimsy and are equal to the more expensive wipes, in my opinion. 
  • Does anyone know where you kind find the completion discount info on your BBB registry? I've searched all through the "my account" area and can't find info on it anywhere. 
    I swear I got it in the mail. But this was over three years ago and things may have changed.
  • Is anyone planning on getting any type of binder for post partum? Or has anyone tried one in the past? I understand how it could be more comfortable after a C-section, since I have my patients use a binder after abdominal surgery. Just curious about this and if it's even worth considering.