December 2018 Moms
Options

***READ FIRST*** Board Organization! :)

I hope no one minds, I stole this from the November board - this seems to be the handy guide to board organization that keeps everything easy to find on each birth month board, and a helpful how to as far as quotes and GIFs and all that fun stuff! :)

Welcome to the December 18 BMB! If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. 

Some links that you may find helpful:
How-To Guides:
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
-How to tag: Add an "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. Be sure to log out and log back in after changing your username. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (sixth from the left, next to the emoji button) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:

DO: 
-Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
-Add yourself to the spreadsheet
-Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: if a post is "assigned" but hasn't been started by midday, feel free to start it!
-Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss
-Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
-Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well

DON'T:
-Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
-Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
-Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
-Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
-Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
-Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

Here are some weekly/monthly ideas that I thought would be good to start with. We can always add to best suit our boards needs! So please let me know if you have any other ideas!

**Please let me know in a comment below if you would like to take charge and post one of these threads each week, and I will add your name! If an assigned thread isn't posted by midday, anyone is free to post it! If a certain thread isn't assigned, but you want to post it, GO FOR IT! This is just to help make sure everything is organized and clean. **

MONDAY
  • Weekly Randoms
  • Monday Bitchfest 
  • Product Spotlight: __________ (e.g., strollers, car seats, etc.)
  • Ask a STM
  • Monday Ticker Change
TUESDAY
  • Twatwaffle (TW) Tuesday or TMI Tuesday
  • First Time Mom Check-In
  • GTKY 
  • High Risk Pregnancy Check-In
  • Moms of Multiples Check-In 
  • Ten Things Tuesday
  • Tuesday Ticker Change
WEDNESDAY
  • WTF Wednesday
  • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
  • PGAL Check-In 
  • Second Time Mom+ Check-In
  • Plus-size Mom Check-In
  • Wednesday Ticker Change
THURSDAY
  • Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 
  • TTGP Grad Check-In
  • What My Pregnant Self is Eating 
  • Thursday Ticker Change
FRIDAY
  • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC)
  • Why My SO is a ... 
  • Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 
  • Fit Mom Friday/Healthy Habits Check-In
  • Friday Ticker Change
SATURDAY
  • Why my SO is Awesome
  • Weekend Randoms
  • Pregnant after IF
  • Saturday Ticker Change
SUNDAY
  • Weekly Ticker Change Gif Celebration
  • Weekly Questions 
  • AMA Check in
  • HG Check in
  • Symptoms Thread 
  • Weekly Appointments
  • Sunday Ticker Change
MONTHLY
  • CS/VBAC Support Thread
  • Home Birth/Birth Center Support Thread

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs! For example, some boards do weekly ticker changes while others do weekly due date check-ins (ex, DD 1st week of Nov.). 

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please reply to this thread with a suggestion!

PLEASE keep in mind that there will eventually be a lot of us on this board, and an organized board will be much easier for everyone to use. If we can all keep the one-off posts to a minimum the board won't be too cluttered to navigate, and hopefully we won't end up answering the same question 2,000 times.

Let's have a great BMB ladies!

Re: ***READ FIRST*** Board Organization! :)

• Options
    @BumpAdmin Can we get a sticky please? Thanks so much!!
  • Options
    binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited March 2018
    @maureenmce  
    Do we have a spreadsheet up and running to add to?
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @binxybaby We do not! And...I kind of was hoping someone better at spreadsheets than me would start it, lol. Would you be interested? Or, if not, open call to anyone on the Dec board who would want to do it - it would be appreciated! <3
  • Options
    @maureenmce I'll absolutely do it. I'll try to get it put together and uploaded tonight
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @binxybaby Awesome! Thanks so much for doing that! :)
  • Options
    If there’s any one that’s shopping savvy, I think it might be helpful to have a weekly sales thread. Somewhere we can post any maternity or baby sales that are currently going on. Anyone else think this would be helpful?
    Me: 32 DH: 33
    Type 1 Diabetic
    DS: Born 2/18/17
    TTC #2: Jan. 2018 BFP: 3/27/18 EDD: 12/6/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mittenlove86 That sounds like a great idea!
  • Options
    @mittenlove86 My husband  :D:D  He made this gigantic spreadsheet for baby #1. #nerdalert
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Figured out the ticker!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    Okay ladies I need some help. I changed my user name and it says what I changed it to on my profile page but on here it's still the one I was given. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    @knottie51fc67dab2153b60 Hey there! I think you have to log out then log back in for it to work, did you try that? Good luck!
  • Options
    @knottie51fc67dab2153b60 Hey there! I think you have to log out then log back in for it to work, did you try that? Good luck!
    No I did not but I will! Thank you bunches
  • Options
    CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited May 2018
    Ignore this...PG brain maybe? I thought this wasn't stickied because I saw it on page 2...but here it is at the top of page 1? I'm confused lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Quick question - does everyone know what the ticker change posts are or do they need an explanation?  I know some check ins (like my Tuesday one) only have one or two people posting in them and I keep wondering if it's because people don't know what they are (I had no idea my first time on the bump - I thought it had to do with the actual ticker or whatever) or if they just don't want to participate. Thoughts? Anyone need an explainer?
  • Options
    @maureenmce I haven't started posting in mine yet but it was just because I've been wondering if my EDD is right aha!  
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    livy94livy94 member
    A silly Question that’s probably already been answered (sorry) but how do you change that avatar by your name ? Thank you !
    Livy  <3 due December 5th ❤️
  • Options
    @livy94if you’re on mobile go to the home page and tap the avatar pic on the top right of the screen.  It will take you to some account settings, tap the avatar pic again, and then it will give you the option to upload a pic or take a picture. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19