Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Randoms 4/2

• Options
    I want waffles. I don’t have waffles.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I was on lurk status all weekend, we're really tying to stay off the phones more on the weekend and do more things together. We went to my MILs for dinner on Sunday and she set up an easter egg hunt for the little kids, DS loved it! We had to confiscate all his candy because it wasn't toddler-appropriate but we replaced it with animal crackers and the candy will go to good use >:)

@ecwk - ooohhh! What color are you getting when they get your size?!?
    @F47 - how great to have a trip to look forward to! Do you live close enough to Disney to do a day trip or are you doing the whole resort and all that? I hope the month flies by :)
    @lalala2004 - Waffles sound delicious! We only have these whole wheat sorry imposter waffles in the house that I gave up on months ago. Luckily my step son doesn't seem to mind them but a good Belgian waffle... mmmmm. I'm not helping.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Brezzy1928 my husband is the same way. He’s an engineer so he always wants to tinker with stuff or fix things. He does a decent job most of the time, but some things I’d rather just have a professional do. He did install a fiber optic star ceiling in DS’s room by himself and it came out really nice, so I have to give him props for that!
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    @Brezzy1928
    Good luck at the A/S - it will go great! Will keep you guys updated about mine. Baby was not cooperative last time and the doc wants some clearer shots of the kidneys. Trying not to worry, but that's not really my style :lol:

@mrsbubbles-2
    I am going to go for Obsidian Black - the patent black ones. I wanted neutral, I have the bronze ones already so I feel black is a solid addition. On @calimom2524 's advice I am choosing patent over matte! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lalala2004 I missed the first 30ish min due to DS’s bedtime but caught the rest! I agree that it was really good. NBC has come so far since the first live performance of Sound of Music (or was that ABC? Can’t remember). The guy who played Judas was by far my favorite. He was just amazing in the role.
  • Options
    @ecwk I have a follow up A/S this week as well. Let us know how it goes! I’ll ne sending good vibes your way!

I had to have a second one with DS, but it was done at the OB’s office a week or two later. This time they’re sending me to the hospital for a higher level scan. I think it’s the whole going to the hospital aspect that makes me nervous. I wish that I would have asked why I need the higher level vs just retrying at the OB’s office.
  • Options
    @Brezzy1928 I was active early on, but fell back into more lurker status in the past 1-2 months. Now that we’re all around half way through, I’m realizing how fast things are going and am trying to get more active too. Is this your first LO or have you used The Bump before?
  • Options
    @neeraja_k woo hoo, glad you enjoyed!

@mrsbubbles-2 yay for real kicks! 

I woke up 5 pounds heavier than yesterday. I think I had too much cake and pie yesterday and I haven't gone to the bathroom in DAYS. I literally feel like shit. Lol. 
  • Options
    @ecwk I'm actually leaning towards not having one this time because our insurance situation has been so crappy, I'd hate to have yet another expense. Hope I don't regret it!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    @ecwk I'm actually leaning towards not having one this time because our insurance situation has been so crappy, I'd hate to have yet another expense. Hope I don't regret it!
    Wasn't it your cousin you had? Would she cut you a good deal? Do it for free? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    She did it for free the first time because she was in training, but no way can she afford to do that now. She's going through a divorce, working at a daycare, and she has 3 kids to take care of. We still gave her a large amount in a Target gift card as a thank you last time. I would want to pay her, but.... There are just going to be so many other expenses, I feel like this is something I can live without!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    ecwk said:
    She did it for free the first time because she was in training, but no way can she afford to do that now. She's going through a divorce, working at a daycare, and she has 3 kids to take care of. We still gave her a large amount in a Target gift card as a thank you last time. I would want to pay her, but.... There are just going to be so many other expenses, I feel like this is something I can live without!
    Ohhhh I got you. I thought maybe she was not a professional, maybe it was just an interest of hers and she was just there to help you out. That make sense! Doulas are expensive! For me, I really really feel like I need it, it has relieved some worry already about having to labor med free without constant midwife support! But I did it without last time and I survived just fine! You'll crush it, no doubt!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm feeling so lazy today. After a few days of spring weather (in Texas, so in the upper 70s), we had a cold front come through, so we're back in the 40s. It's cloudy too so I just feel so blah.

Also, I was woken up this morning by a low battery beep from our carbon monoxide detector and my crazy dog who hates that sound. She jumped in our bed, which for her is so abnormal. I'm pretty sure under normal circumstances I couldn't bribe her to get in bed/on the couch, but if she hears that beep she goes completely crazy. 
  • Options
    @lalala2004 I watched Jesus Christ Superstar and it was awesome! I wish they had turned up the volume on their mics a little bit more because some of the words were hard to understand but it was great. The whole thing was cast really well but John Legend and whoever played Judas were AMAZING. 
    @ecwk I went to order OBs the other day because my 9s don't fit anymore and they were sold out of 10s. I was a very sad girl about it. 

I was off TB the whole weekend so if I missed anything bad, hugs, and if I missed anything good, yay! 

The boy's school had a multicultural parade Friday so I left work early to go see that, it was cute. Saturday I did approximately one million things and then yesterday was nice. We did an egg hunt in our backyard and then went to the beach and finished the afternoon off with a nap and steak dinner. Back to the grind today. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 eek! So happy the kicks have started for you. I'm feeling them daily now too and also have an anterior placenta.
    I confiscated most of DD's candy too, how much candy does a one year old need?! She got tons including full size chocolate bunnies. She definitely had a few pieces though and prefers dove eggs, girls got taste! 

Love its and hugs  to all the AS follow ups, I have mine in one hour, for lungs and profile

Yes to extra poundage. Im up 3 lbs in one day AFTER I took a large poop. Coconut cream dessert, damn you. 
    Also today Little Caesar's pizza is giving away free smalls for lunch. What is a girl to do?? Guess I have to eat pizza now too cuzzz free.
    Also, sorry MSU gals but MAIZE and BLUE for the win tonight!
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    @calimom2524
    That's the size I'm looking for. I'll fight ya ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    juliebird6juliebird6 member
    edited April 2018
    @brzvice Can't even hate on UM today.  Moe Wagner is the man.  I wish MSU could get their shit together.  Also, I was wondering what to do for lunch today soooo looks like I'll be finding a Little Caesar's.   :D
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    Anyone have the UB Vista stroller? I am seriously considering it but I had some questions for anyone who has experience with it.....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    Anyone have the UB Vista stroller? I am seriously considering it but I had some questions for anyone who has experience with it.....
    I had it for DS1 & DS2 but it's still in Texas so i won't be using it again. I know there was someone in the product spotlight for strollers that loved theirs but I personally wouldn't spend the money on it again. It was just ok for such an expensive stroller. I found it bulky and heavy, not easy to fold down, and the rumble seat for the second kid is in such a weird place. 

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    @calimomon but I could use the vista with the toddler seat and bassinet (the items it comes with) for a toddler and a new baby without having to buy an additional rumble seat, right?
    I am between that and the City Select Lux. This is so hard I just don't know! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @Mrsbubbles-2 We don’t live close, so it’s a flight/resort deal. I’m too excited for words. It will be my grandma, my nephew, my sister, her son (my other nephew), DS1 and me. My bro and his wife can’t miss work, so we’re taking their youngest - he’s 4 (same as DS) and they’re beat buds. I can’t wait to not have to deal with diapers in the parks! And stay out late and see the fireworks, etc. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    @calimomon but I could use the vista with the toddler seat and bassinet (the items it comes with) for a toddler and a new baby without having to buy an additional rumble seat, right?
    I am between that and the City Select Lux. This is so hard I just don't know! 
    I *might* be wrong and it may be different now but I believe you need to purchase the rumble seat because it has the adapter thing to clip onto the bottom portion of the stroller and the bassinet then sits in the regular clips. Plus we never ever used the bassinet because it was a pain either taking DS out of the car seat and moving him to the bassinet or getting him to cooperate laying flat. 

• Options
    @F47 - that sounds amazing! Have a fantastic trip!!!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You guys, I have nothing going on at work today. Nothing. I’m having to really resist the temptation to buy new shoes. Particularly, these Toms strappy sandals because it’s never going to be warm here again.  
  • Options
    It’s annoying me that the app thinks August is winter...but acknowledges it’s a Leo baby. 
    Mother to Joelle (13), Jaxen (3) and Jayla (due 5/6)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Weird! Mine looks like a desert summer. 

• Options
    y'all are giving me a panic attack - 19 weeks?!?!? How did that happen?!?!?!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker