April 2018 Moms
Options

March symptoms

2»

Re: March symptoms

• Options
    @RiverWhispering I have had terrible itchy feet because they get so hot! And I have psoriasis which makes them even more itchy. Itching is also a symptom of pregnancy apparently. 
  • Options
    @RiverWhispering I don't, but itchy hands and feet can be a symptom of cholestasis so you may want to let your OB know!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @looeeze I googled it and saw that warning, but my hands aren't remotely itchy. And my heels don't bother me at all during the day it's only something I notice at night and it's only a slight itch around the edges of my heels. So it's just a mild annoyance but I was wondering how common it was because I didn't deal with it last time. I don't think it's something super worrisome but it is a little annoying....
  • Options
    @priestess619 sorry for the preeclampsia, but glad you are in good hands. Can't wait to see baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @priestess619 Good Luck! Wish you all the best! 
  • Options
    stemgirl11stemgirl11 member
    edited March 2018
    @looeeze I googled it and saw that warning, but my hands aren't remotely itchy. And my heels don't bother me at all during the day it's only something I notice at night and it's only a slight itch around the edges of my heels. So it's just a mild annoyance but I was wondering how common it was because I didn't deal with it last time. I don't think it's something super worrisome but it is a little annoying....
    Do you shower in the evening? My heels are super dry around the edges, which makes them itch at times, usually some time after I've had a shower. 

I was told at the clinic that itching related to cholestasis is supposedly very very bad, meaning that you basically scratch your skin open, and that the itch isn't on the surface of the skin, but feels "deeper" somehow. I was screened for cholestasis a couple of months ago when my belly wouldn't stop itching. Well, the lab tests came back negative and my belly still itches, especially when I wear certain (warmer) clothes.

Has anyone else started losing weight (as opposed to gaining)? I went to see my midwife today and I'd lost a little under 2 lbs in 10 days. I'm at 38 weeks and the baby looked great (and not too small) in my 36-week U/S, so they weren't too worried, but still. I've only gained around 16 lbs altogether.
    Me & DH: 28
    EDD #1: 4/2018
  • Options
    @stemgirl11 You are probably right about the shower thing. I do *always* shower at night and it usually starts after that. I just noticed last night that it didn't happen but I also didn't shower last night. So they probably are related. 

As for the weight gain, can't offer any advice there. I've gained 35 pounds so far and lord I can't wait to not be carrying it around anymore.... Ugh....
  • Options
    I’ve heard you lose 2-3 pounds near the end sometimes which may or may not include a couple bouts of diarrhea right before labor comes on. I’m 39 weeks and praying for both at this point lol
    I’m up 40 pounds from 125 and definitely feeling it! Luckily it’s all belly and boobs. I just hope my baby isn’t the size of a toddler!
  • Options
    @stemgirl11 I only gained a pound the last two months of my pregnancy with dd.  She came out 8 days early at 7 lbs. 
    Starting the whole 3rd trimester, I have been gaining a few pounds at one appointment and then losing it all by the next.  Weight flucuates a lot depending on what time of the day you take it.  Also towards the end  you don't feel like eating as much so that could have something to do with it. 
    Also, it really does depend on what weight and build you started out with on how much you should gain.  So if your ob isn't concerned, don't be. 
  • Options
    @linds0503 @midnight-muse thanks ladies! She's here and healthy.  Could definitely do this whole journey again!
  • Options
    stemgirl11stemgirl11 member
    edited April 2018
    @rklinge0 My OBGYN's never been worried about my weight gain or lack of it. I was normal weight (BMI 23) when I got pregnant, and she told me already in December that I wasn't going to gain the "suggested" 25 lbs, and it's okay because it all depends on the mom. 16-18 lbs should be enough (my mom never gained more than that and she was pregnant 4 times), and the baby looks good. So I'll do my best not to worry :)
    Me & DH: 28
    EDD #1: 4/2018