June 2018 Moms
Options

C-section experience at Englewood Hospital? (NJ)

Hi everyone,
I am likely going to have a scheduled c-section at Englewood in June for various medical reasons.   Has anyone had a c-section at this hospital,  and if so, what was your experience?  I am especially concerned about having skin to skin contact with my baby as soon as possible.  I also don't want to have my arms strapped down during the procedure, but not sure what the policy is at this hospital.  Any insight would be much appreciated!

Re: C-section experience at Englewood Hospital? (NJ)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are there places that strap arms down during a csection? I'm suddenly concerned about that. I'll add that to my list of things to worry about until I can ask my Dr when I next see him.
  • Options
    @May14th2011 my arms weren't physically strapped down.  I had to lay them on the arm table things, but could move them freely to touch DD when they brought her over.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @may14th2011 pretty sure mine were strapped down. 
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey mine weren't strapped down for the last two, but this is a new hospital so I guess I'll ask just to be sure. 
  • Options
    Should try your local board if you’d only like to ask Internet Strangers.
  • Options
    Mine were not strapped down! I'm claustrophobic thinking about it.
  • Options
    *lurking*
    mine were strapped down but glad because i was a bit shaky from the spinal. I’d highly recommend a hospital tour.
  • Options
    @May14th2011 mine were strapped down :( it was probably a good thing bc the way mine went south I probably would have been flailing them around. That being said, I have been told I can request that they not do it.