June 2018 Moms

Unpopular Opinion Thursday (3/29)

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday (3/29)

• When my BMB moved over, we only let people who were active come. We didn't make any requirements for posting quotas, because life gets very hectic with a newborn. 
    We also didn't/don't do anything where you have to comment on a post to stay in. 
    Almost everyone in our group has gone through major life changes, and even if they're gone for a while, we know they'll be back.
    But we're also now all friends in real life- several of us get together once a year or so at one central location. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I mean I feel like if someone expects to be gone or busy for an extended while and they let one person know about it it shouldn’t be a big deal!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • loving all the facebook rules.
    when my wedding months/knot board when private, we really didn't have any rules and no creepers tried getting in. This was after a year/year and a half of talking on the knot/nest. I think we got really luckily. a couple times we've did the whole 'respond here or you're getting deleted' thing so people weren't just creeping and reading and not participating. Its been 10 years now and we're still good.

also, laptop never gets used. its about 8 years old and slow now. I only use it to upload/save pics from my phone or do any serious internet shopping when I want more than one window open, so we haven't been in a rush to replace it.. just making it last.

to any app users, have you tried the bump from your browser on your phone? its not to bad.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @catlady1215 I've tried the browser version on my phone but moved back to the app. I guess I'm used to it now having worked in it multiple times daily since early October and have found a few tricks to make it more user friendly. It's really not too bad ;)
  • Yea I actually don’t mind the app
  • @stephcat421 its whatever you get comfy with. I pulled up the app when I first got on the bump, and I don't even think I was able to find the boards so I quickly deleted it lol.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Austenista  - I say go for it.  I haven't really seen anyone opposed to it- maybe just work out the kinks and get agreement on the limitations of entry
  • Question regarding the FB move: how will the organization work just post & comments? I ask bc when i was on the wedding wire forums the rules got too restrictive so a lot of regulars left for Facebook. It was horrible. I left the group after I sold all my wedding stuff. It wasn’t the creepers it was just there was none of the daily/ weekly/ monthly organization that there was on the site. To me its easy to keep up bc certain days we discuss certain things. But otherwise on Facebook theres just a bunch of posting and endless notifications for every response. I’m in a local breastfeeding group and i was literally there for one day and i was overwhelmed with all the notifications. I mean I understand this group won't be as big as those i just want clarity on how the posting would work. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Okay folks PM me your FB email addresses/name. I'm going to have to friend someone to make a group. When you PM I'll tell you my name so you'll know who this rando is friending at you. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ffw0617 definitely something to discuss. In my current group, we have a daily randoms thread, HDBD (Wednesdays), UOs (Thursdays) and FFFC (Fridays).  Members also post one-off threads if they are AWing (in labor, pregnant, etc.) or have a specific question that they don't want buried.  It's fairly organized and easy to stay on top of.
  • I'm in for a move to FB whenever and think all the rules you ladies were able to come up with were great!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MoonOverGoldsboro my UO is also that I don't mind the Bump. :) I dislike FB these days because it sucks you in and - honestly - I need to trim my friends list. I rarely post anything anymore because it gets broad cast to way too many people. 

My BMB FB group from pregnancy #1 is pretty chill. We don't post that regularly - maybe a couple times a month with a lot more activity around holidays and the kids' birth month. I've never had major privacy concerns because my FB profile is private and I didn't friend anyone in the group. It's nice to check in there from time to time but we don't post nearly as much as in the first year. I don't think we ever purged anyone. 

If you peeps are open to having me in the FB group I'd go for it. If I'm not regular enough I also get that. 
  • I think as a group we like order so FB would stay the same. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Austenista Thanks for the Friday laugh :lol:

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited March 2018
    @ffw0617 In DDs FB group we have a daily post, and anything and everything goes there.  As well as HDBDs, 5 things Friday, and some other ones.  We started with a lot of the organization of the BMB, and dwindled to one post a day.

ETA: Autocorrect
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @austenista did you need us to send you a message still, or you only needed one person at the moment?
  • +1 for keeping the cat a member of the group.

I think as long as we don’t have a lot of one off posts it won’t be too overwhelming. Hopefully we can just keep this board’s organisation.

My wedding month board moved over to Facebook several years ago and I’m so happy we did. I’m hoping this group will be the same. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• +1 To keeping organization. I propose we keep a daily thread for randoms because that one will most likely become too cluttered for a weekly deal and it be started by who gets to it first and weekly threads for everything else - Symptoms, FFFC, UO, Pictures (this can be like Troublemaker Tues/Th, HDBD/baby day, Wordless Wednesday, First picture Friday, etc.) AW posts should be reserved for something in particular to share like a pregnancy announcement or similar. GTKY posts can be one off too. 

How do we want to do birth announcements/stories? One-two big threads or do we want those to be AW's? I can also do a poll on the group page for that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hum...I got the invite in my email, clicked the link to join the group but am getting a notice it was disabled.  Anyone else having trouble?
  • @Amphibious22 so for example should we say if someone PMs @austenista and has less than 25 posts (let me know guys if you think that # is high or low, I’m not sure what’s been thrown around as far as #s before), austenista will then poll the group to see what we think?

or we could just say if she doesn’t recognize the screen name or is on the fence about it she can poll us, and do away with the certain # of posts?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yea I think asking the Fb group works, providing stats as needed to help us if it’s a weirder case like someone active more in STM or PGAL etc. 
  • Not to be the mean girl but I kinda of feel like having a certain # would be good because then if we turn someone down we have a subjective reason, “Look, we have agreed upon a number of posts that is acceptable to join the private group and you haven’t met that level of participation so we’re not comfortable with you joining us.” vs just being like nope don’t know you, peace out. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 what about 500 love tits? I just did a quick look around, and that seems like a pretty low bar. 
  • @Austenista that makes sense. That way this board won't get too cluttered with FB invite request drama. 
    @2589 I definitely see what you mean and kind of agree. I mean I don't think it needs to be something too high, but maybe a baseline of like 100? 50? 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020