November 2017 Moms

what's the worst thing your MIL has done during your pregnancy?

2»

Re: what's the worst thing your MIL has done during your pregnancy?

• my MIL was really hands-on during my first pregnancy, even after I've given birth to the extent that she is already overstepping me. she would get the baby in the room so early in the morning, she would feed him, bathe him, etc... as if she was the mom.
  • Loading the player...
  • My MIL is actually pretty chill for the most part, but she was always hounding me watching my figure even as I was pregnant. I was like "projection much"!  
  • Back story... we have had a very rocky relationship with DH's grown son who has had many issues. Everyone has been getting along better since the annoucnement. My Mother in law then goes to tell DH's son how he will be the Godfather. I am SO MAD! I had already had a good friend picked out to be Godfather who would be great at it and DH's son hates babies and is very irresponsible and now if we don't pick him we will never heard the end of it.
  • It all started with the pregnancy announcement. My husband and I were very excited to share because this is our first baby. My husband said "were pregnant!" and with a disgusted look on her face she replies "really? that was fast."and that was the end of the conversation. She has also asked me how much weight I have gained and if that amount was "normal." She's a real treat.
  • My MIL has kept it together. The only thing that has bothered me is whenever we have had a major pregnancy announcement (that I am pregnant, gender of baby, or excellent bill of health) she always turns the conversation back to her current granddaughter. I understand she takes care of her everyday, but I just wish I could have one moment.
  • babyptobe said:
    My MIL decided to move out of state (13 hours awaay) 5 months before our wedding (Oct 2017) because she needed time for herself, didn't come to the wedding and we haven't spoken since. She doesn't fly or drive alone, so she's stuck where she's at! We are letting her find out about the pregnancy when we put it on FB April 1st. I refuse to let her abandon my child like she did to hers. 
    My MIL moved about 2.5 hours away from us (but in the same state), we weren't very happy with where we were living so we moved states. My MIL said she had put aside money to visit her us 2x/year. We only see her once a year and have to pester her to come out. She is retired and tickets are cheap. It upsets my husband. In the meantime my Mom comes out 4x/year. :)
  • babyptobe said:
    My MIL decided to move out of state (13 hours awaay) 5 months before our wedding (Oct 2017) because she needed time for herself, didn't come to the wedding and we haven't spoken since. She doesn't fly or drive alone, so she's stuck where she's at! We are letting her find out about the pregnancy when we put it on FB April 1st. I refuse to let her abandon my child like she did to hers. 
    My MIL moved about 2.5 hours away from us (but in the same state), we weren't very happy with where we were living so we moved states. My MIL said she had put aside money to visit her us 2x/year. We only see her once a year and have to pester her to come out. She is retired and tickets are cheap. It upsets my husband. In the meantime my Mom comes out 4x/year. :)

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• My MIL vaped her e-cig in the same room with me. When I politely asked her to stop, she was surprised (she didn’t see any reason), so I was forced to find and show her this article about the danger of vaping near pregnant women https://vapingdaily.com/what-is-vaping/vaping-and-pregnancy/. Not sure if she did it intentionally, but the next day this happened again.
  • My MIL is an idiot and she has cost us our savings. She stayed at ours this weekend to look after our child while we went for a weekend away we won through my husbands work. We left her our bank card so she could take him out, get him food etc. We got back quite late last night and she said all was good, they had a lovely time etc. This morning my OH wakes me up to say all of our money is gone from our bank card. We checked our online banking and it had been transferred out to a name we dont recognise on the saturday. We asked her about it and she feigned ignorance, finally got it out of her that she knew it was gone as the card had been declined on the sunday so she'd had to use our own. We thought she couldn't have stolen from us, surely, but the money was gone and she'd had the card. After a lot of arguing she eventually admitted that she'd had a phonecall on our house phone saying our internet bill was not paid so she made the payment over the phone. They had totally wiped the card and she was keeping quiet, as she was scared to tell us when she realised she'd been scammed. I am so angry as its such an obvious scam. We checked the call log and it was mobile number too. Don't know why she thought it was a legit call. We have lost 3 grand because of her idiocy. She does not have the money to compensate us.  I put the phone number into google right in front of her and showed her all the reports against the number saying its a scam on the internet, a site called https://scam-numbers.co.uk/ is the top result for crying out loud. Im not sure that the bank will refund us as she willingly gave over the details and we have had to get a loan to cover the bills as they are all coming out int he next few days. Im more angry about the fact she tried to lie about it 
  • My MIL always comments on how "big" of a person I am. She always compares my pregnancy to hers... how hard it was on her "tiny frame." The other day I got the comment that we were going to have a big baby since we are both (my husband and I) "so big!" I'm 5'7" and weighed 138 lbs pre-pregnancy. I have only gained 20 lbs this pregnancy and am 37 weeks 3 days...
  • She would tell me what to eat and consistently remind me that I needed to eat cleaner because I "didn't need any unhealthy weight on me." 
  • My MIL and FIL live across the country and reached out twice my first pregnancy and only my FIL regularly calls and video chats with my son and this time around we told them on Christmas day and we didn't even get a congratulations because my BIL and SIL had just told them they were pregnant too and they live 20 minutes from them. We had to give an ultimatum to get them to agree to come out to meet this one because although we had three separate planned dates for my son they didn't show up until after he was a year old. This time If they don't come out to us and meet baby by Christmas they will have zero contact with either baby because we aren't going to put the effort into a relationship they don't want. They also play obvious favoritism to their children that stayed with their religion and live in Utah over the 2 children they still have in Ohio. 
  • resterrester admin
    edited February 2020
  • Mine is hands-on and takes care of me all the time, I love reading some posts it really help me a lot.

• never experienced having a MIL :#