October 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms Week of 3/19

2»

Re: Symptoms Week of 3/19

• Options
    @spartan4life Same! I’m 9w+3 and my pants are tight but I have not gained more than a pound on the scale.  I just have a muffin top that I’ve never had before.  I started wearing a bellaband today and that has made me so much more comfortable!
  • Options
    8w+5 starting to feel bit nauseous..which I can solve by scoffing everything around me..hence I'm a bottomless pit at the moment yet still exhausted..yawn.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @quiltandknit I’m thinking I might try one of those! DH keeps telling me to get maternity pants, but I don’t think those will fit yet.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth had my first apt with the nurse today and was informed about pregnancy making UTI symptoms go unnoticed. I get chronic UTIs and informed her, I'll be having a lab done tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't be surprised if I did have one, I get them 2-3 times a year without being pregnant normally lol..
  • Options
    @indias95 I’m glad you said something at your appointment. My doctor screens all patients at their first appointment, and I ended up having a UTI that I had no symptoms of! I know they are common in pregnancy, but I thought I would have at least noticed it.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    My doctor screens for UTI at every appointment. Is that not standard everywhere? 
  • Options
    12 weeks over here and still feeling exhausted. Nausea rears its head almost all day long, I still get sick at least every other day. I am happy though, oddly enough, not really stressed out...trying super hard to stay chill for the sesame seed's sake. I cry while watching American Idol, which is also weird. Finding out if we're having a boy or girl on Tues!
  • Options
    Coming up on 12 weeks. So thankful all day nausea has been replaced by ocassional bouts of it and it usually disappears after snacking. Exhaustion, fatigue all that fun stuff of course. Slowly getting energy back and into an early nesting phase! I feel more emotional and want to soak up all my time with DS before baby #2 arrives. 
  • Options
    @lynzev I think it really is an indicator of hair growth. I had horrible heartburn every night toward the end and my baby had the most hair ive ever seen. Everyone commented and still comments on his hair. He looks like a little boy at 5 months because of his hair lol. 
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt most doctors do a urine dip each visit, but that’s to check for glucose (diabetes) and protein (preeclampsia) rather than a UTI. That needs a sterile mid-stream sample, so they aren’t usually done that often. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt and @jennybean80 my Dr checks for a UTI every appointment. I had never had one and they found one on my first appointment. I had NO symptoms. 
  • Options
    So today I’ve noticed that it burns a little bit when I pee. I haven’t had my first prenatal appointment yet. Not until 11w 3d and I’m only 9w.
    Thinking it’s a UTI. I’m going to call the clinic tomorrow and see if I can get tested for a UTI.
    I’m wondering if they’ll take a listen with the Doppler for me (even though it’s not a prenatal appointment) so I can relax about my symptoms disappearing. So hard to wait for 11 weeks!