October 2018 Moms

FFFC 3/23

2»

Re: FFFC 3/23

• I'm a little jealous because the conversation DH and I just had went something like "I want to have sex, but I still feel like crap" and DH agreed.
  • @lest12 People gave me such a hard time because my kids didn’t watch tv.  I admit, we didn’t allow any before age 2 (except football at pa’s house), but after that we were ok if they watched a little.... and they had zero interest in it.One day when they were 3.5, they woke up from naps and watched the end of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and that started a year long obsession with Harry Potter.  Then they moved on to Star Wars (and have seen them all except The Last jedi because they talk through every movie so they have to wait for it to come out on BluRay), so now I’m the bad parent for letting my kids watch age inappropriate movies.  We do not allow tablets at restaurants though, but we also don’t have our phones out either.  We very much want them to learn how to handle being bored, respect other people when they are having conversations and even have the ability to contribute to those conversations. Dinner at home rarely provides that opportunity because of my husband’s schedule, so we take advantage of it when we are all together for a meal.

My fffc - I think HDBD is kind of dumb. What’s the point of comparing your bump to somebody else’s? 

I never really think HDBD is to compare to others, but just to share and have fun.

But it could also be hard not to compare, I get that.

image        image

• Loading the player...
  • I also love Jane the Virgin!  I am going to watch tonight while I ride on my bike.  Big Friday night plans!

image        image

• @mytrueloves and award for my favorite person on the forums goes to...

My fffc is that I'm not supposed to be having sex right now but then my partner pulled my hair and... Well... That's not something i can resist.
  • Last night DD unexpectedly woke up, heard DF and I having sex, and started crying because she thought DF was hurting me. The flame-free part is that he was  ;)
    Yeah- totally don’t know how I am going to navigate this once Blast arrives...  

But hey- I found out recently that one of my circle is an accupressurist by profession. I am totally planning to accost them for info on which pressure points are safe and which are not...
  • I'm waiting for SS6 to get old enough where we have to really start hiding the "toy bag". 
  • @knottieamusements Usually we have Alexa play a playlist to cover our tracks, just in case. The one night we forget, she woke up. 
    @theglitteredpterodactyl I wouldn't be able to resist either. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  •  I know it’s Saturday, but DD (15 months) just saw her Easter basket stuff in our room (stuffed dog and book) she pointed and went “oooohh!! Dog!!”
    I picked them up and put them in a cabinet. I fully intend on still putting them in her Easter basket and saying they are from the Easter bunny. She will forget right?
  • @knottieamusements I texted my husband (from the kitchen, while he was upstairs) asking if we could get ice cream....as I was finishing off a pint of ice cream. To be fair, there was barely any left in the pint, also ice cream is delicious, and it's one of the only foods I can stomach with my MS. So yeah, #noregrets here either :smile:
  • @BabyRobbinsAdventure I’ve bought gifts for DS with him right there, he will have no idea.
  • mariek312 said:
    I'm waiting for SS6 to get old enough where we have to really start hiding the "toy bag". 
    Watch out! I found my 3 year old "talking on the phone" with a vibrator a few weeks back. Whoops. 
    Thankfully SS is really good about not going in our room... Normally the bag is in a closet in the basement, which is where the real fun happens. however it's been cold down there...