August 2018 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 3/22

Re: UO Thursday 3/22

• Options
    Another UO:  I don’t like kids at weddings.  Well, young kids.  Kids that are 12 and older don’t bother me but for the most part, I like going to weddings that are kid-free.

• Options
    +1 on hating Matilda Jane! I do love ruffles and frills to an extent but I’ve never seen a classy looking MJ outfit. 

Animal print looks trashy AF, IMO. 

I also hate camo and inappropriate phrases on clothes.

When we found out DS was a boy, I remember I made some post on Facebook talking about how I was going to dress this baby like a gentleman and he’ll wear all the bow ties, absolutely no camo, and since we’re not sports people, very few sports things. Thankfully no one gave us any of that lol. 

I’m totally planning on having matching outfits for these boys. I think DS will really love it because he’s ALL about babies, so he’ll probably think it’s cool for a while if they’re matching. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m fine with real camo, like Mossy Oak & Realtree camo. We have a lot of it for hunting, and DS & DH both have a few things for everyday. I think DS wore his Mossy Oak shirt with the deer skull to school today. The dumb novelty print camo bugs me though. Camo should not be pink, blue, purple, etc. The IL’s got DS a pair of black & white camo pants for his birthday, and they’re still in the box in his room.
  • Options
    @hezzer78 when I was 13 my parents built us a house and I got to design my entire room. I chose dark blue for the walls with grey carpet. My mom was so confused because I'm traditionally a pretty girly girl but man did I LOVE that room! I went with an astrological theme and it was totally "boyish" but I didn't care at all.

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• Options
    I like going to the baby birthday parties because cake. But you could probably talk me into going anywhere if there's cake

I totally bought this for baby girl. Even though we're on a strict budget with DH being out of work, we've been sticking to basic necessities only but I figure she needs one cute outfit. Limited ruffles lol!

And if anyone feels like throwing up in their mouth a little I found more inappropriate onesies...

Image result for funny baby onesies

I actually deleted one because it was SO bad I couldn't be part of it spreading across the internet like a virus

MY UO is boring but I'll never understand the reason people buy cars that can go like 300 mph (exaggerating because I'm a drama queen)

I like speed limits. If you're going more than 10 over you're going too fast.

But I'm a super timid driver so...

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Every single person we invited to DS's 1st birthday party came.  But we used to have a lot of parties and I think our friends miss hanging out at our house.  Plus they knew me and they knew it would involve good food, drinking, and very little kid stuff.  We aren't going to do a party every single year.  But every few.

And dress your kid however you want, I don't care.  I'm picky about what I put my boy in just like I would be about a girl.  And two boys 21m apart will absolutely have adorable coordinating outfits!
  • Options
    I like going to kid parties if there is booze. My kid's parties have booze. Lol. 

• Options
    My house always has booze.  I don't really understand how anything at my house would ever not have booze?  like unpack the beer fridge and liquor cabinet and move it?  That's too much work. 
  • Options
    I feel weird buying anything camo for my baby. It just feels cheesy with MH being in the military. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    I don’t know what we are having yet but I love the baby girl clothes from Boden. Peter Pan collars and soft colors with baby animals and little cardigan sweaters. It’s so sweet (and hella expensive :/  ). I can’t get a pic to paste so here’s an example link. https://m.bodenusa.com/en-us/baby-rompers-play-sets#nav

I hate the obnoxious animal prints, huge ruffles, giant bow or flower headbands, and the fact that little girl shorts are 3-4 inches shorter than little boys shorts. So dumb. Also, why do boy clothes usually have to be in dark colors, with angry looking animals on them? It’s like we are setting boys up to be angry and violent somehow. I don’t buy any of that but it’s so prevalent. 
  • Options
    @ladygali those outfits are sweet and look so cozy. $50 each? Yeah, no. Lol. 

• Options
    @Firemanswife11 haha, I agree. Those are outfits for grandma’s to splurge on. I buy second hand whenever possible! 
  • Options
    $40+ for an outfit that will be ruined/ grown out of in less than 3 mos.? WTF? That's a hell of a lot of money for "cute". I've found plenty of cute and lovely outfits at second hand shops and resale sites for a couple of dollars at most. I can't fathom spending that much money for something I can find elsewhere at a tenth the price. 

My room as a kid was light blue with ducks. My parents didn't know my sex until birth, and to them that counted as gender neutral. I finally redid the room for my 13th birthday in black and white. Frilly and girly is fine, but so is mixing it up. I think it's important to listen to and respect your kid's preferences when they start making them known. Girly or Tom boy are both great options, but they should be child -led as much as possible. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel weird buying anything camo for my baby. It just feels cheesy with MH being in the military. 
    I’m the same way lol
  • Options
    @livinthesunnylife
    Agreed. My Dad is a fishing and hunting guide (retired) in the PNW, and we're no strangers to camo as a hunting and outdoors accessory, but as a fashion statement? It looks bad when not in the proper context. Code switching is an important ability, and how you dress goes along with that. Camo in the woods is great and appropriate, but in the city at a school event? Unless you're a uniformed serviceman/woman it's weird and looks clueless. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited March 2018
    Lurking lurker from ttgp -
    Hi friends  <3 we created a general U/O and on the chit chat board.  We miss our old friends and looking to make new ones.  Today we kicked it off with a U/O thread.  Hope you'll join us.  All are welcome.   

Eta link
    https://forums.thebump.com/categories/chit-chat
  • Options
    Same goes if a couple shares an email address. That’s so weird to me. I guess they don’t need any privacy?!
  • Options
    Same goes if a couple shares an email address. That’s so weird to me. I guess they don’t need any privacy?!
    Or someone took advantage of that privacy, and its a condition of them staying together.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Or someone took advantage of that privacy, and its a condition of them staying together.

Uh...... if you have that kind of trust issues in your relationship you may as well get the heck out.  Cause you can't 'manage' someone into being faithful. 
    THIS. I should hope that's not the case. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• Options
    @livinthesunnylife I agree. I just know its how some people I know IRL handled some things. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @livinthesunnylife agreed especially since you can make as many email addresses as you want!

The couple I know with shared email are very just with each other all the time and their kid. The mom also always sits in the backseat in the car with the kid even though he’s 4. 
  • Options
    I have a set of high school friends on my Facebook that share an account, and it's awkward as all hell. She's never been the trusting one, but then again she did marry the guy who slept with anything whose legs came slightly apart, so I guess that's on her. 
  • Options
    @pghctwife omg I want that black romper with the rainbow! So adorable ❤️

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hfooter said:
    @pghctwife omg I want that black romper with the rainbow! So adorable ❤️
    It’s denim! From Hanna Andersson a year ago :) 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Love Hanna Anderson. I spend too much on DS’s clothes. But I love dressing him. So whatever. I love all that stuff @pghctwife. I just discovered Boden not too long ago and am planning on ordering some summer stuff. I’ve heard the same about resale. Let me know when you go to sell your stuff! Not sure what sizes you have. 
  • Options
    amac12999 said:
    Love Hanna Anderson. I spend too much on DS’s clothes. But I love dressing him. So whatever. I love all that stuff @pghctwife. I just discovered Boden not too long ago and am planning on ordering some summer stuff. I’ve heard the same about resale. Let me know when you go to sell your stuff! Not sure what sizes you have. 
    I sell as I go lol... so I have sold most of our summer stuff from last year (some I’m keeping bc they fit my oldest still and some favs I’m handing down). 

Theres a few boards for selling and buying that are great (Hanna too!) I can let you know the group names I recommend privately if you need :)

i love Hanna but I don’t like their boy stuff as much, esp summer. But man they do baby well! And girl, and I have some cute fall and gorgeous sweaters for the holidays 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I also don’t like super girly clothes. I’ve said it before, but it needs repeated: WHY do they design baby/toddler boy and girl pants differently?! They’re pants! So I have no shame in putting DS in “leggings” or this new baby (assuming it’s a girl) in the sweatpants he wears basically every day. If this one is a girl, I’m contemplating telling family we didn’t find out the sex just to avoid all that nonsense. 
  • Options
    @kburg15- yup yup and yup! I went through all DS's things for this LO and pulled pretty much every pair of pants (minus ones I wasn't a fan of in the first place lol!)
    And I would love for DS to be able to wear leggings simply because jeans and things can be tricky to fit but we've had to start buying the pants with the reinforced knees. Because toddlers.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hfooterhfooter member
    edited March 2018
    I hate camo. Glad I’m not the only one that mostly associates it with “WT.” Even growing up with a Dad in the military.

I bought a few dresses recently for DD. I like girly but I also like practical. The pink dress will be for her 1year bday.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    omg @brzvice YES that's exactly the image in my head.  Never never not my kid, never.