July 2018 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 3/20

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 3/20

• The twats today are my cats. They figured out how to open the attic door (most likely DH didn't latch it, so he may be the twat too). So I get up and need to chase them out of the attic because I can't leave them up there (lots of things to eat, and my cats eat everything and then throw it up), plus all of the heat was going up there and the roof isn't insulated and I didn't want to waste a ton of energy.  So I ended up being late to work bc I had to be a cat wrangler.
  • Loading the player...
  • @zande2016 oh no! Major offense for sure!

DH is the twat. I’m more disappointed and sad about this than mad. For the past month I have been telling DH about my appointment this Thursday to see if he wants to go. He kept saying since it’s early in the morning he can’t because of work. Ok fine no big deal. He goes on to tell me yesterday that he is coming in early on Thursday so that he can go golfing with his boss in the afternoon (during typical work hours). Last minute change he managed to arrange. This is the appointment he can attend to ask about the c section and all the questions he had a month ago from my AS. It’s disappointing that he’s not even willing to change his work schedule by one hour in the morning but will to do more than an hour change so he can go golfing. No one is up at 6 am to talk about solar! So what work is he really gonna do that early? 
  • @moguippy that story reminds me of this saying my old boss used to say when something was really hard or he was dealing with someone really difficult, "it's like herding cats". Not an easy task. 
  • @wildtot ugh I'm sorry, I would be really upset and hurt by that too. 
  • @wildtot Your DH is a total twat for that. I totally understand that feeling.  
    also, +1 for that gif lol
  • @wildtot +1 to YH being a twat. MH has done similar things (not with regards to my appointments, but with other stuff I wanted him to be at or help with). 

My TW is the Italian restaurant I ate at last night. I ordered a dish that said it came in a "devilishly spicy" tomato sauce. Um no. It came in a sauce that must have been made entirely out of red pepper flakes. Completely inedible. I was coughing for like 10 minutes and putting ice cubes on my lips. And this is coming from someone who LOVES Indian food, has a very high tolerance for spicy food, and will eat spicy food happily with my nose running from the heat. But omg. This was insanity. I absolutely never send food back, but I had to send that back and it made me feel like a jerk. 
  • Mother effin' Nature is a gigantic twat that needs to get her sh*t together.  I'm sick and tired of snow.  Cold.  Wind.  I HATE it.  Stop it. Give me SPRING!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • @WorkinWeezel i hear ya! We got snow on Sunday night and now it’s suppose to be in the 70s on Thursday! What the heck?!? 
  • WorkinWeezelWorkinWeezel member
    edited March 2018
    @wildtot it's so annoying.  52* and sunny yesterday, 32* and cloudy, waiting for the precip to start today.  And up to 10" of snow tomorrow. WTF?!  This is messing with my spring break next week!

Also, I'm sorry your H is being a jerk.  That is a sh*tty move :(
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• NWS is saying 12-16 inches of snow  for me tomorrow, 2 days ago it was just supposed to rain tomorrow. I am so sick of winter, it can go eff off now. And today is the first day of spring, ha ha ha. 
  • Thanks ladies! I just told him to not make me feel like crap if i forget to ask his questions. I have a billion of my own concerns. He said he’ll go to the next one it that’s pointless because it’s just with the nurse. 
  • @wildtot The only thing that works for me and my DH is to have a shared Google calendar. Otherwise he completely forgets things an appointment or forgets we talked about things. Since I set the appointments on the calendar, I also set the reminders we both get. May not work for you guys, but it's the only way I can get DH to remember certain dates/appointments.
  • @noideawhatshesdoing that’s a good suggestion. I use mine all the time but not sure he does outside of work. I’ll check with him to see if that’s a good middle ground for this. 
  • @wildtot That is super annoying. Does his playing golf with this boss have any impact on his job? Like maybe being friends with him is good for future raises and opportunity and such?

@beanship I've had that happen to me before. I love spicy and will happily eat things with sweat coming out of my pores, but if it's inedible, then someone made it wrong and you definitely have the right to send it back. 

My TW is my DH? But I'm not even sure I'm too mad about it. This whole pregnancy he's been having preggo symptoms too. Last night he cooked dinner and did the dishes, so I never stepped foot in the kitchen. He said he woke up this morning, went into the kitchen and found the cat sleeping in front of the oven, which she's never done before. Then he realized he had left the oven on all night! woops.  
    Then I leave for work, and realized the garage light was left on all night. Last night was trash night and he spent some time in the garage getting things put out, so that was on him as well.

I feel like pregnancy brain hit him hard last night. Anybody else's H's having pregnancy symptoms too?
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @wildtot I made him install the app on his phone to be sure he gets the reminders.

@rachelsogo Yes! My DH has serious preggo brain too. And I keep thanking him for taking a share of the pregnancy symptoms, he's got the insomnia and leg cramps at night. I guess that means we're a team?
  • @zande2016 @WorkinWeezel what area of the nation are you in again? In VT we were supposed to get this storm but now just cloudy and cold, but warmer than today! 

@wildtot that is absolutely twat-ish. MH has totes done things like that before, like taken off days of work to celebrate Octoberfest in the World of Warcraft with his bro (ie, stay home and game and drink beer) but then wouldn't take a day off when my dad came to visit. Its like, what are your damn priorities?
  • MIL is annoying me but I don't think she's made full TW status today... my lungs were going to be the TW but after that dr office visit, the APRN is my TW - She was all set to give me Augmentin (amoxicillin dirivative) and prednisone for bronchitis...double checked and decided against the prednisone (I could have told her that).  Thank god I asked what augmentin was because i'm super allergic to amoxicillin which is all over my freaking chart.  I break out in hives if I get some on my skin while giving it to DD and last time I actually took it 20 years ago I almost ended up in the hospital.

@wildtot that sucks i hate it when DH chooses work/himself over me and then complains like it's my fault.
    +1 to sick of snow - somewhere between 8"-14" tomorrow... Just in time to cancel my kitchen measure again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dh today is our anniversary I wanted to get lunch but he said we should do leftovers and just "hang out" after i get home late from work..... so disappointed 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @SmashJam I'm in SE PA!
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• @lindsayleigh1989 I really hope that is cover for him planning something. Unless you are getting the snow too, then staying home is a good idea
  • @smashjam NYC metro area, I think the storm tracked further south than originally thought which is why we're being hit now. Ugh. 
  • @zande2016 @WorkinWeezel gotcha! I am sorry you guys are getting it, but glad we aren't! I have over 3ft of snow on my deck and a damn mountain off the side of it. I'm running out of places to put snow! 

I have TW, but unsure if its me being unflexible or my friends, lol. I do love my friends, but I am slightly annoyed. They are married, and on Thursday the wife asks me if its cool if Thursday or Friday they come get the truck they stored in our garage for like, over a year, maybe almost 2 at this point. I'm like sure, already a little miffed that they literally won't know until the hubs walks out of work on one of those days when they are coming over. So today she messages me and says, "DH just left work, can we come this afternoon/tonight?" Sure, what time. "Well, kids aren't out til 3 from school, then we have **insert huge list of shit here** to do, then we'll be over." Um, that sounds like 7pm. That is DS's bedtime. THey have FOUR KIDS so they will all be here. Playroom is outside DS's room, so he's not going to bed on time. She can't keep them home because they only have one car because her hubs won't drive the other "summer cars" because they don't have rust and salt will cause that. I know they are our friends and I would love to help them out but you know...on  Friday, when I am not stressed about them being here and can enjoy it! So someone is a twat.
  • @SmashJam sounds twat-worthy to me. I might be really mean, but I'd totally be like "sure, we'll move the truck out of the garage and warm it up for you, so it's all ready and you can just grab it and go. Sounds like you have a really busy night, so I want  to make it easier for you." 
  • @zande2016 I would totally do that but one of the worst things about this is its in our garage because its broken
    they may be here for quite awhile fixing it before they can take it home. And I don't know why people can't just tell me what time they are gonna be here. Like, so you guys don't care how late you are out on a weeknight but my kiddo has a schedule which-I will totes deviate from-on a day my hubs will be home to tag team the shit show that ensues the following day. All her kids go to school (at least they will when they get this truck running) so this will not affect her at all come tomorrow. 

I know its not my job to fix this, but her preschoolers haven't been to school (VT has 1/2 day free public preschool) in 3 weeks because the hubs takes the minivan to work and there is no bus service for preschool. So I know getting the car is important but like, this is making me stressed.
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I’m disappointed for you, I’m sorry. 

@rachelsogo nope has no impact on his job. I actually know his boss long than he does. DH use to play golf a lot so it’s like doing something for himself for fun + peer pressure. 
  • @SmashJam that's awful, both about the kids missing preschool and also the potential for them to be at your house keeping your son up really late. Does your son sleep with white noise or anything that might help drown out the sound? If I were in that situation I'd probably try to put him to bed so that he's already asleep when they arrive and hope they don't wake him up - since his white noise machine really drowns out most sounds. 
  • @SmashJam that stinks - I hate when you do favors for others but they make it as inconvenient as possible.  I was going to say the same as @zande2016 about opening the garage and pulling/pushing it out, but if it's broken that's not going to work.  So they're just going to try to start fixing it at 7 pm?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I'm the twat today. I'm feeling meh for no reason and woke up anxious again, for no reason. Then I looked at my babylist registry and it says 80 days until baby and I flipped out. So now I basically fabricated a reason to be anxious.

@lindsayleigh1989 sorry about the anniversary disappointment. Men sometimes don't understand that little things can make a huge difference.

@wildtot I second Google calendar. It's been a lot better since we started using it as my DH is not good at planning at all. In his defense, he works in video and a lot of times his filming schedule is unpredictable. Sorry your DH won't make this change for an important appointment.

@SmashJam that's a bit inconsiderate but it is also a difficult situation. Also, how are they ok with fixing a truck at 7pm? Isn't it better to do it in the daylight?sorry I'm totally clueless.

@rachelsogo a case of contagious prego brain??

Sorry about everyone dealing with snow and cold. It's supposed to rain a bunch here in so cal but it's still dry at the moment. I'm leaving for Texas on Thursday and hoping it's warm and sunny all the time so I can use the in laws' pool!
  • @SmashJam so since they will be there a while “fixing” the car, I’m guessing the kids will have to be entertained in side for a while. Could they sit to a movie? Or set some quiet time rule do your son can sleep as his usual routine? I don’t blame you for being bothered by this. It would be too last minute for a late night for me. 

• Our clinic has a stable of doulas that work in rotating shifts, so they have these monthly get togethers that gives you a chance to meet all of them since you don't know who will be on duty on your due date. We went to the event last night and it was great except for one person.

There is this Airhead we keep running into at maternity things. We first encountered her and her equally dimwit husband last month at another maternity event at our clinic. They are literally the dumbest people I have ever met, the fact they could even figure out how to wear pants astounds me. And Airhead was there again last night. 

One of the doulas is the same ethnic background as DH and so she asked him about it. Somehow Airhead thought that was her cue to ask me, from across the room, if I've "come to terms" with the fact that my baby won't look like me. 

Like what the actual F? Who says stuff like that?

I just ignored her and kept talking to another lady. So she asked again. If she's not a twat, not sure what she is.

I ignored her again but really wanted to say something like " For the record, yes, some of us white people totally don't care that we won't produce a little clone. In fact, I'm totally down with my kid being multicultural. My husband is an incredibly handsome man, so heck yeah, if my kid looks like him, awesome."

It's taken me a whole day to stop rolling my eyes. I hope I don't see her again, DH stopped calling her Airhead and now refers to her only as Racist Preggo. We know not everyone is comfortable with multicultural families, but wow, really? 
  • @noideawhatshesdoing she is not a twat, she is a C. U. N.ext T.uesday! you held it together better than I would have. I would have asked her if shes come to terms with the fact that her baby will have a racist, ignorant bitch for a mother. Ugh!!!! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @noideawhatshesdoing I can't believe she said that.. out loud.. for the entire room to hear, like wasn't she embarassed?
    @zombiehoohaa That is the best comeback lol
  • @noideawhatshesdoing oh man, you deserve a gold medal for not losing it. I don’t handle ignorance well- especially if it’s already someone I know to be stupid. Go you! (But sorry you had to deal with stupid racist people..)
  • morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited March 2018
    @noideawhatshesdoing so, have you come to terms with it??? Lol, seriously who the F says stuff like that?? 
  • Looks like we have a TW winner for the week. The sad thing is, even if you were to correct her or put her in her place, it would probably just go over her head. Sorry you had to sit through that
  • @noideawhatshesdoing that is ridiculous.  Kudos for you for not (justifiably) flipping out on her...or punching her... I wish I could say I'm surprised/shocked people are so stupid but unfortunately I worked with Airhead's clone who made similarly brainless and racist comments (no idea why she didn't get reported to HR).  Just wait until Airhead's kid pops out with some recessive trait and looks nothing like her or husband and can't understand science.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @zombiehoohaa @moguippy @hillbillywife @cseley321 DH and I have a policy not to engage morons. You can't fix stupid so it isn't worth wasting the effort on them. Although if DH wasn't there I probably would have let her have it. Sadly this is something we deal with a lot, so I've had a lot of practice. Mindfulness helps.

Generally if it isn't a malicious attack we let it go because that person looks stupid to everyone else anyway, but if it was intentional and the situation is safe, I have no problem putting someone in their place.

I'm wondering if Airhead would have said the same stupid thing to a couple that was adopting or had used a donor, I think she would, so I don't think it was malicious, just really dumb.

@kissableviv Not only have I come to terms with it, I'm all for it! ;) Like I said, DH is a very attractive person (gets hit on by women and men all the time), what mom wouldn't want their son to inherit daddy's good looks?! LOL.

@gingerbride26 LOL. I actually made the same comment about recessive traits to DH this morning!
  • @noideawhatshesdoing did you ask her if she has come to terms with her kid turning out stupid like her and her H? I would have but I'm a bitch. 

BTW H and I are not the same race and I've gotten asked if I'm the nanny of if DD is adopted on several occasions. While I wouldn't automatically go to racism and it has been said in a totally harmless way I'm like really? Where we live there are seriously TONS of kiddos of the same mix as ours. 
    BabyFruit Ticker