July 2018 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 3/20

2»

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 3/20

• @kissableviv I live in TX and it's supposed to be in the 80s this weekend!  But our pool is still only 50 degrees, so I hope that your in-laws have a heater on their pool!  
  • @noideawhatshesdoing @runsomewhere My h & I are of different ethnicity as well. We've been asked if our baby will be darker or white as white can be. Ummmm...our baby is going to beautiful no matter what, so go take a long walk off a short pier, dickhead. Some people are just complete ignorant fucks that it is better to shine them on instead of feed into their stupidity. Typically when we get stared at, especially by older people, we will become overly lovey dovey and pack on the pda. Muahahahaha!!! Shine on playas, shine on! 

Maybe you should buy a shirt that says something like, "I don't respond to stupid" then wear it when you think you'll see the racist airhead again...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • @runsomewhere MIL is darker and FIL is lighter. DH's sisters are both dark, DH is white. MIL constantly got asked if she was DH's nanny or asked where the boy's mother was.  We joke that there is a possibility our kid could come out darker like DH's sisters/mom (which I would be totally happy with bc I have terribly sensitive casper the ghost skin that, let's be real, no one wants). Then we could really confuse people!
  • @runsomewhere I'm a bitch too, and I did really want to say something but just ignored it because it would have just been more awkward if I answered I think. I truly think she's just harmless but dumb. I know I'll be asked if I'm the nanny or if LO is adopted or something, and by people who are innocently curious and just don't know better. DH is asked all the time by random strangers what he is.

My state is really lacking in diversity and as a result can be pretty racist.

DH and I are probably the only people happy about so many people moving here from other states because it's bringing in a much more diverse crowd. Where we live less than 2% of the population is what DH's background is, closer to 5% if you actually drive up to the city. I legit cried happy tears when we saw that two of the newer families on the block were also mixed.
  • @zombiehoohaa @noideawhatshesdoing @runsomewhere @moguippy Skin color is so complicated - it's like 8 different genes IIRC. DH is dark haired with duskier skin that tans in the summer from the Italian side, SIL is blond and casper white that burns badly from the Polish side - so even two Caucasian full siblings can look nothing alike.  Look at all the random recessive gingers in families! I'm still just SMH...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited March 2018
    @gingerbride26 genes in general are so cool and complicated. In theory all of DH’s and my children should have blue eyes because we both have blue eyes but DS has brown eyes! We’re like what the?! I thought there was no way! 
  • @gingerbride26 Right?! My brothers tan really well, me on the other hand, I burst into flame when I'm in the sun for 5 minutes. Same parents, but bros and I do not have the same complexions at all!

@zombiehoohaa Hahaha, I hear you on that! We have friends that are a similar combo as me and DH. Their kids both look totally like their mom, nothing like their dad at all. He's like me, white as white gets. Friend gets asked all the time if the kids are adopted. Sometimes when we're with them and feel the eyes on us, Friend and I like to walk way ahead each carrying one of the kiddos, so everyone has made assumptions that we're a white couple that has adopted. Then DH will come up and I'll hand the kiddo I'm carrying off to him. That seems to make some people's heads really spin. Because now they don't know who the kids belong to, like if the kids belong to the two men and I'm the nanny, or if we're a thruple or something. Friend's wife just hangs back and laughs and laughs.

Like I said, I get it isn't something everyone is used to, but wow really, in 2018 someone actually asked me if I've "come to terms" with it.
  • @gingerbride26 YES! my brother and I have totally different skin/hair. I am also the only ginger in my family...... so cue the "you are definitely adopted" teasing lol.  Which also gets me the "you must be Irish" comments... Umm.. I'm barely Irish, but thanks for assuming! 
  • gingerbride26gingerbride26 member
    edited March 2018
    @hillbillywife omg that's one of those things they tell you in middle school biology and on house lol that's cool though - it's sooo flipping rare.  We are both blue eyed too as is DD (we have very different blues though, he's more ice, I'm a dark navy, and DD has a gorgeous ice center with navy outer ring), but we get to play the ginger roulette game.  My mom is auburn, dad is strawberry, and I'm in the middle; DH has gingers in his line, so chance of a recessive ginger is there.  So far DD is strawberry blond, but now we're all wondering if we get a super ginger son bahaha.  It's so complicated but so cool.

ETA @noideawhatshesdoing that's hilarious - 10 pts
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker