Options

GTKY: Does That Make Me Crazy- TTC Edition

Re: GTKY: Does That Make Me Crazy- TTC Edition

• Options
    Lol no @suzycupcake, still on my first marriage  :D
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    Oh hahahahaha @coco2787 I almost spit out my wine
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh my gosh...this thread is awesome! Just why I needed after a full day of traveling for work :(

So my list -

1. I definitely hold my legs above my head after sex...but only for as long as it takes for DH to come back in the room, he would think I was crazy (and right fully so!)

2. Countdown to pregnancy is now in my frequently visited websites, I love the DPO and probability of BFP/BFN

3. I frequently visit BBC to look at posts of people who’ve gotten BFPs early on in their cycle (like 7-10dpo) to see if I have any hope that cycle

4. @kristah2 TW**(BFP & loss) I technically had what seemed to be my period, although light, before my last BFP, which unfortunately ended in a loss **end TW, so now when we are off the bench I’m totally going to POAS even after my period, just in case ya know?? Lol

5.@galactickates I too check the December board multiple times a day. I feel like since they put it up so early it’s going to be full of people who think they “may be” KU! 
  • Options
    You guys are much too active in the evening hours. I can't keep up. But thank you all for the morning entertainment  :D
  • Options
    I have definitely held my legs in the air. In the beginning, I would stay like that for 45 minutes. Now, 20 minutes. I am slowly returning to my logical self.

@maureenmce I am all about the dream weavers :) Although, if a friend of mine suggested this was a sign, I would roll my eyes repeatedly. Hypocrisy is big part of the TTC journey ;)
  • Options
    My recent Google searches have been along the lines of "how early can you get a positive pregnancy test" and "Xdpo positive pregnancy test."

Pretty sure I do this every TWW. lol

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    add me to the "keep my legs in the air" club - i prop my hips and do it for at least 20 minutes. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options

I actually like looking at tests and trying to decide if I see a line or not, and then watching them progress. Not mine, other people's.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo that is hilarious! 
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I was kind of thinking how funny it would be for someone to do that!

@dreamscapes_ DH shoves a big pillow under my hips as soon as we are done  :D
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly Try it with the pillow during ;)
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @jrm_14 - I've wanted to do the taping opks but Im not sure how to explain that to my husband. I doubt he'd care...but I definitely wouldn't want to straight up tell him.  Idk why

Which made me think does everyone's H know the stuff you do or do you hide the bsc?
  • Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited March 2018
    @galactickates I’m sure MH has seen some of my crazy TTC shenanigans. I tell him to go away & mine his own bees wax :D 

There is no way he know what I chart, how often I chart (& stare at it), all the hook & articles I read, etc. He does see all the Prime purchases, though. 

Eta: We have our own bathroom drawers. I keep paper, tape, & whatnot in mine. 
  • Options
    Mine knows most of it because I honestly don't think I have much that's BSC at this point.
  • Options
    Lol @jrm_14 I love your response to your H. And thank you for a new addiction - tracking opks... like I need yet another reason to POS  :D at least one will give me a purpose. 
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ will now be informing DH that pillow during can help  ;) (so I don't have to explain about you ladies)

Which leads me to @galactickates question 

DH knows about the basics of temping and OPK. And the legs in the air/pillow (cause that'd be hard to hide is suspect....) He doesn't know about the CM and CP checking. Or the BSC stuff like googling and the SS. The one time I said anything about symptoms was the month I think I had a CP and he was far to rational about it. The man knows I'm crazy, but I have yet to figure out how after almost 15 years he hasn't seen just how crazy.

• Options
    @galactickates I made the mistake of telling MH that I thought I was KU because of some ridiculous reason, thinking he would get that I was joking... nope. He went and told his friend that he thinks I'm finally KU! I had to yell at him and pointed out that even if it were true he can't be telling anyone till much later anyways.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @jrm_14 I like being able to see my OPK progression, but taping pee sticks to paper squicks me out so I let an app do it for me :D

@galactickates my DH knows some of it. I openly talk about what I'm doing/what it means etc. but I think most of it goes over his head and he listens mainly to humor me lol.
  • Options
    DH knows most of it. I don't think he knows how obsessive I am about EWCM (although he sure hears about it when I get it!) but asks about my OPK/checks it if it comes up before I get back to read it, and asks about temps around O and temps/spotting the few days before AF is scheduled to arrive. I basically am awful and give him a running commentary of the crazy during the TWW (my boobs hurt, that doesn't smell good, I want to go to bed at 7 pm) and he just rolls with it. 

I don't think he'd be on board if I did the cheapies/taped them to paper. Not planning to tell him I intend to keep HPT's .... 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly Possible TMI (sex related) in the spoiler

If you prop your hips up with a pillow during so that your hips are higher than your shoulders, it helps for deeper penetration. DH is pretty big (although he denies it), so he doesn't really need much help in that regard, but I love it :D We have one of those back rest type pillows, so it's actually angled and helps so that it's not such a harsh bend while keeping my hips high.

Something like this, just flip it so that you're lying on the back of it with the narrower part under your back and the wider end under your butt.
  • Options
    @jrm_14 - I've wanted to do the taping opks but Im not sure how to explain that to my husband. I doubt he'd care...but I definitely wouldn't want to straight up tell him.  Idk why

Which made me think does everyone's H know the stuff you do or do you hide the bsc?
    I do hide some of my crazy! That’s also why I haven’t taped any pee sticks. But also because I always dip multiple tests I’d have to do multiple pages! Lol
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I love that we talk about CM here regularly but you put a TMI warning about sex  :lol: I'll have to give this a try next time we HOI

Also, regarding what DH knows, he asked me not to tell him about temps or OPKs or anything this time around. It puts to much stress on him performance wise *eyeroll* apparently. I asked him if my sudden frequent "need" was going to clue him in and he just looked at me. My drive is kind of low so I think that alone would be a dead giveaway.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly Well, not everyone is necessarily comfortable talking about specifics of shagging, you know? :)
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I get it, just gave me a good laugh. No shame in sex talk with me (well, depending on the company, and we are all here for a mutual cause so....)
  • Options
    Wait, why tape sticks? Does that work if things are past the time window in the line?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    Today, at like 7DPO, which would be impossibly early to feel any symptoms of any kind, I am just having to come to terms with the fact that sensitive to smell and irritable...might just be my personality, lol.
  • Options
    @suzycupcake when all of the sticks are past that window you can then compare them relative to one another. But still you check them
    within that window initially. (And if you’re me, take pics) ;)
  • Options
    @dragonette505 Oh nos. Now my BSC list is gonna grow. I already place individual opks on a post it note with the cd and time. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    My progesterorage and hormonal munchies have kicked in with a vengeance. So naturally I googled “high progesterone multiple follicles” because I can’t let go of the fact that I only had one follicle. You’re on prometrium, dummy. That’s why you’re having these symptoms.
  • Options
    After a long day of training and work dinners/drinks I’ve been so looking forward to this thread! 

AFM...and my BSC, my DH didn’t realize everything I was doing until our TW* loss....he said “but we only did it once that week” and I said “well I knew when the timing was right” * end TW...so then I explained everything that I had been doing. It’s not that I was hiding it from me, but more so I was trying to not take the fun out of sex for him, or by adding any pressure to him.  It’ll be interesting when we are off the bench again how much of it he remembers :)