June 2018 Moms

Ask Your Questions Here (3/12)

Re: Ask Your Questions Here (3/12)

• @ffw0617 right there with you!! my DH is just as bad. he won't eat any fruits or veggies. his main diet, not including snacks etc, consists of meat (no seafood at all), any form of potatoes, breads, pizza and pasta sometimes.
    he'll even pick out bits of onions/peppers if he can see them in my meatloaf.
    when I pack his lunch bag for the day, its a bagel for breakfast, poptarts, and 2 peanut butter sandwiches (not even jelly!). and he'll take a couple of the special k protein choc shakes. he won't even eat lunchmeat to send him a sandwich. so damn boring!
    he's also shorts, 5'6. he doesn't come from a really tall family but he is one of the shortest guys. and weighs less than me when not pregnant lol.

@austenista full panel jeans/leggings from there stay up on me. I got a big butt and hips though so maybe they hold it all up lol
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • +1 on the short men. He is like 5'6" but I am also 5'6"-5'7" so it will be interesting to see how our babies end up being. 

@catlady1215 I weigh more than mine when not pregnant too. He got on the scale yesterday because I had it out in the way (he typically couldn't care less and would never go out of his way to find out what he weighs) and he goes "whoa 156lbs, I don't think I've ever been that high." Bahahaha ok buddy, I surpassed you in like 8th grade, it's cool. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @amys614 I don't even want to know what dh weighs cause it makes me feel bad lol. He was 180ish at our wedding, 10yrs ago. He's def not over 140 now. Prob 135. He wrestled like 119 in high school though so it's his body type but just damnit! And he eats a bowl of icecream almost every night!
  • Is it shameful to order a pair of under belly maternity capris with the sole intention of wearing them post partum this summer? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 my friend did the same thing  ;)
  • @ffw0617 My DH is 5'7" and I'm 5'2"...so our kids are pretty much screwed in the height department. DS is only 17 months, but at his last appointment he was in the fifth percentile. At his 6, 9 and 12 month appointments, he wasn't even on the growth charts! 

And DH is "up to" 135 lbs and he says he feels like he has a beer belly. Okay, sure buddy...at this point in pregnancy, I've got a good 40 lbs on you, I'm going to need you to stop complaining...
  • @2589 Do it! No shame in that game!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @2589 - go for it! I fully intend on buying maternity capris and shorts here in a few weeks when the weather gets better. And you can bet I will be rocking them after this baby is born, for sure. 
  • @elsie42 got glider in store wasn't so bad, and crib we are picking up from TRU today as we had it shipped there.  I just ordered dresser today and DH assured me it was worth saving the $130 shipping surcharge to pick it up himself. I'm worried about the one full piece as well, there's no way to fit in the jeep. He said even if he rents a home depot truck for $20 it's still cheaper than the delivery surcharge. 
  • @2589 I was eyeing up some maternity shorts online yesterday with the idea of using them after baby.
  • Can anyone guide me on how to use the spoiler function? I use the app everyday, but did pop into TB on iE the other day (very cool seeing the signatures everyone has talked about)... But couldn't find how to use a spoiler. I would like to know how for sharing baby shower pics etc but don't want to dump like 10 in a row at you guys! If it's too hard to explain, no biggie but would love to clean up pictures if possible!
  • @LaceyBee522 beautiful! Thank you so much!
  • I have a pair of Motherhood jeans, full panel and have liked them best for not slipping as much. I also have a pair of black pants for work that are my favorite and are petite!

H&M Momma line isn’t terrible either. But not much available in full panel.
  • Thanks guys for the feedback. I have a full panel pair from Old Navy that are just unwearable. I'm going to go check Motherhood's out this evening. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista I've been happy with my Ingrid maternity full panel jeans from Target. I just went and bought a second pair. I tried a pair from Zulily (can't remember brand name) that fell apart within two washes and also a pair from Walmart which stretch out immediately after being put on. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Austenista what @aharv77 said. Ingrid from Target is where it's at. They actually stay up--I have the side panel ones and wouldn't mind getting another pair since they are my favorite. They are even long enough, which is tough for me sometimes at 5'6". I hate wearing my Old Navy ones. The side panel, full panel, denim, khakis, they all suck. 
  • @catlady1215 the picky husband struggle is real. I don’t pack DH’s lunch but if I did I’d be white bread with ham. No condiments, no cheese, no veggies just meat & bread. With an assortment of chips, like 3 packs. DH thinks half drinking a couple cups of water a day (there are half finished cups all over the house) is drinking a lot of water. And even though I drink maybe 6 sodas a year when I’m not pregnant he still brings a half dozen boxes of canned soda from the store saying we “need” it. Shopping wise everything is on me. I’m expected to buy the stuff he eats, plus dairy, fruits & veggies for me. Meanwhile his typical shopping trip containes only stuff he eats: assorted chips, frozen pizzas, canned tamales and soda. So unfair.

weight wise we’re around the same when I’m not pregnant. DH thinks he’s big bc hes not skinny like he use to be in his early 20s. Whenever he makes those comments i tell him theres noway I’m attracted a guy with an 11 year olds body. Ew. He’s naturally slim (both my in laws are naturally slim as well) sohe doesnt ever workout. He literally went to the gym once in our 7 years together. Meanwhile my dad played line backer in college and my mom is heavier so I have to fight with every ounce to maintain my weight. 

Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • This is probably a question for S+TMs or FTMs who have done their research. I was wondering what cleaning product brands you use in your home? We clean our hardwood with vinegar and also use swiffer wet jet. I've got 409 products and clorox products for the kitchen and bath. I assume this is all stuff I'll need to switch out once the monsters are crawling and chewing (aside from the vinegar - I think that will still be safe?). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 FTM here and I haven't done a ton of research on products but I use Green Works for all of my cleaning. Its much more affordable than some of the other brands. Vinegar is great as well! 
    <click me for link
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• silvergreensilvergreen member
    edited March 2018
    I ordered Ingrid side panel pants from Target but they were only available one size up, so they kept falling off after about half an hour of wear. But the colour was so cute ("black raspberry") that I was determined to find a solution. I ended up with a product called FreeBelts that is basically just an elastic belt that loops through your belt loops and attaches to the two front ones, like so:

You can get it on Amazon; I think there's even a pregnant lady in one of their product images! :)

ETA: there is an adjustable toggle thing for length too, so you can adjust it as the bump grows if the pants still slip.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 I use Seventh Generation products throughout the house. They're very transparent about ingredients, which is awesome.Their disinfectants are all essential oil-based. 
  • Has anyone had to get a TDAP shot? I was given one on Tuesday and I now have an angry red welt at the injection site (probably a little larger than the size of a quarter) that is sore and warm to the touch.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @laceybee522 we use method cleaner throughout the house. It drives our housekeeper crazy, because she swears "natural" products don't clean as well, but I havent' noticed any issues.
  • I just keep using my normal cleaning products. I keep crawling/floor licking kids off of freshly cleaned areas until they're dry and go on with my day. 
    And ftr, my 2.5yo is still licking my floors- what the heck lol.
  • lisa2589lisa2589 member
    edited March 2018
    @LaceyBee522 I use Honest in the kitchen and DD’s bathroom. Usually still use regular cleaners in my bathroom, however last week I mixed up the magic cleaning solution @krashke found on Pinterest when I was wondering about cleaning my oven... lemon juice, Dawn dish soap, vinegar and hot water... anyways I used it in my shower and have never seen it so clean of our super hard well water film!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @LaceyBee522 we used all of same cleaning products.  Plus when DD was sick I asked my cousin who is a peds nurse about using bleach to clean her toys and was told that it's fine to use bleach and water but to rinse, air dry, and then rinse again.  Most of the time we just throw her toys into the washer or dishwasher.  

@silvergreen I got the tDap with DD the same day I got my flu shot, so both arms hurt.  I'm getting the tDap for this pregnancy at my next appointment and already dreading it.  It should be okay in a few days, but it makes me feel bad for DD getting all her vaccinations every doctor's appointment (I actually think she gets another tDap the day after I do, so we will be quite the pair).
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 Ugh, that sucks. :/ Is this reaction pretty normal then? Thought about giving the office a call but didn't want to overreact.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @silvergreen I got mine on wed. While I don't have a welt, it's still frickin sore!
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @silvergreen if the welt hasn't gone down by Monday than you should call, but I feel like pregnancy makes my skin more sensitive plus you end up sleeping on it because you can only sleep on your side (why can't they give it to us prior to 20 weeks?).  I would say it's normal but I haven't seen your welt and I am not a fan of blood ruling out any medical training- from my own past experience if by Monday it sounds normal.  But still, if it's not better or if the welt seems to be getting bigger than call the office.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @silvergreen That’s a pretty standard reaction. Did they give it to you in your dominant arm? Usually that helps “break apart” the soreness faster. I’d only call if you start getting a fever or your arm totally swells up/looks infected.

We use Method cleaners around the house anyway just because I can get headaches from super strong cleaners. Our cleaning lady uses bleach in our shower though, but usually opens all the windows to get rid of the smell. I don’t find vinegar to be an awesome disinfectant, so we don’t use it that often. (Except for laundry, cleaning humidifiers, etc.)
  • @LaceyBee522 never knew you could use vinegar on hardwood floors, I’m so clueless lol.  Do you just use pure vinegar or do you dilute it?  And does it leave a smell?  That’s always my concern cleaning with vinegar, I feel like it leaves a smell.  But then again so does bleach.

@jsl82 one of the big reasons they give tdap later in pregnancy has to do with optimal timing for the antibodies to be passed on to baby.  Yes, babies still have to get their own shots down the road but some of the antibodies get passed on to them while still in the womb.  (Pharmacist here, so I like to think I semi know what I’m talking about :P)

For some reason tetanus shots tend to give worse reactions than a lot of other shots.  I haven’t had one since high school (obviously will be getting one during this pregnancy) but I remember my arm being pretty sore.
  • I haven't changed much in the way of cleaning products. I use the Greenworks spray for all purpose uses, and Lysol or knock off wipes if necessary. A lot of the time though, if it's just peanut butter or something similar I'll just use a wet washcloth. That's what I use with DS after meals and just change them out daily for a fresh cloth. Baths I still use a magic eraser, toilets regular toilet cleaner, and Swiffers for floors. I'm a little pickier about detergents, soaps, dishsoap, and lotions. I just tried TJ's dishsoap and like it a lot. I buy Mrs. Meyers hand soaps for the kitchen and bathrooms. Eco brand laundry detergent, and paraben/perfume free lotion. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • silvergreensilvergreen member
    edited March 2018
    @jsl82 @starla487 Hmm, it did seem like the welt was spreading in size (not at an alarming rate), but as it did it has gotten less painful and less red, almost like it's dispersing itself from the injection site. Still have a massive bump though - feels so strange running my hand over my arm and feeling a huge knot!

ETA: The nurse asked me which arm I wanted it in, and I said my non-dominant one as I thought it might ache the next day. Oops! I read a comment someone made on a different forum that the army recommends push-ups to speed up the healing process. Makes sense! Another poster suggested that the welt can occur when the shot isn't delivered completely into the muscle and some leaks into the subcutaneous tissue. No idea if this is true or not.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @silvergreen yes I was going to suggest that! I once had a nurse administer a vaccination with a subcutaneous needle instead of an intramuscular needle and had a red, ping pong ball sized knot for almost a week. It just absorbs differently. I would suspect something along these lines in your case!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @silvergreen TDAP shots hurt like hell. I’m not looking forward to mine since I have a tendency to roll over on my right side at night. (It’ll be a rude awakening for sure.)
  • Once when I was visiting family in Ireland I was scratched badly by a dog so the hospital did a Tetanus booster JIC since it had likely been years since I had one. They actually put it in the upper part of my butt LOL, because they said it hurts the least there. SO much better than a sore arm! I've never had that done here in the US so I have no idea if it's just something they do there or what. And that was just a Td and not a Tdap so there could be a different in where you need to inject them. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @elsie42 I get my rhogam shots in my upper butt. Think the nurse said she recommended it cause the needle is bigger?
  • @catlady1215 I was told to do the Rhogam in my butt too so it would be less sore. I think I had them do both the tdap and that there last pregnancy. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • For those of you also struggling with rib pain, does part of your sternum/arm keep getting numb and tingly as part of it? My right ribs are the major issue, and once the pain starts (if I'm sitting for instance and can't stand up immediately, like in a car, etc.) it swaps over to pain + numbness fairly quickly. It's like one patch of my sternum? And then that sort of starts to spread in little patches of my right arm. I'm going to the osteopath (chiropractor, basically) tomorrow and my OB on Thursday, so I'm going to ask, but just curious if any of y'all are dealing with it too....?