August 2018 Moms

Let's talk about nurseries!

I know some ladies are already starting on their nurseries, some are still in the planning phase. So...

Share your inspiration pictures!

Do you have a theme for the nursery?

Will you be room sharing with baby? What setup do you imagine for the bedroom?

Are you doing any additional work (like moving an older kiddo to his / her big kid room?)

Any crafts / DIY you have planned?
Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Let's talk about nurseries!

• Loading the player...
  • @mrsbubbles-2 I love the idea. My sister in law did a bee theme and I thought it was super cute. Love the outside inspiration. 

@scottishlass1213 I love that you are including DS in the planning. We are trying to do that too so she isn't feeling left out. I don't want her to resent her sister.
  • @hoodwink89  I think DS is having a tough time thinking about the upcoming baby so I am trying to do whatever I can to make him feel better about it since he thinks he's going to lose time with me!
  • @scottishlass1213 we are in the same boat. For the last couple of weeks we have to continue to tell her that we will still love her and that will never change. I keep telling her that Momma's heart is growing so there is room for everyone. The her preschool logic kicks in and she tells me my heart is only as big as my fist. Gotta love the smartassness, she is definitely mine.
  • Do you have a theme for the nursery?
    We’ll use the same theme that DS’s nursery was done in. We still have everything. 

The baby might be in our room for 1-2 weeks until DH goes back to work. His alarm goes off at 4am, and I don’t want the baby to be woken if he’s sleeping. If the baby does stay in our bedroom, he’ll be sleeping in a RnP. We don’t have enough space for anything else. 

Are you doing any additional work (like moving an older kiddo to his / her big kid room?)
    Yes. So much work. Our house is over 100 years old, and the un-remodeled rooms still have old electrical wiring, crumbling plaster lath, and no insulation. We’re planning to gut the spare bedroom down to the studs, run a heating duct to the room, replace the windows, upgrade the wiring & add outlets, insulate, drywall, and possibly replace the flooring. DS will move into that room since it’s bigger. Then I will fix a few spots in the drywall in DS’s old room, prime, paint, and put up the baseboard & crown molding that we never got around to after DS was born. We’re hoping to finish both bedrooms by the end of June so that DH’s sister & family can stay with us when they come to visit over July 4th. 

Everything I mentioned above is DIY work. Other than that, no. 
  • alinafedalinafed member
    edited March 2018
    Share your inspiration pictures! See below! I already bought the curtains, the decals, the laundry hamper, a lamp which I can't find a picture of but it just has a blush stripe on the bottom, and the rug HOWEVER this picture of the rug is horrible - it is a lot more muted and soft in person and the colours are the same as the ones on the decal, so I will have to take a real picture of it instead soon.

Do you have a theme for the nursery? I am really liking the watercolour florals - hence the prints, dresser knobs and the floral letter that I posted below. I haven't bought any of them because I need to commit to a theme first. The floral letter is also super expensive and doesn't seem hard to make so I would probably do that myself as a craft project. Not 100% committed to the theme yet though.

Will you be room sharing with baby? What setup do you imagine for the bedroom? They always sleep in our room at night for couple months. None of the furniture will move because we just moved in in October and set the nursery up for DS2. Baby sister will be keeping all the nursery furniture, we got DS2 big boy stuff. The nursery furniture is white which I find better for a girl anyway, and the colour is a light grey.

Are you doing any additional work (like moving an older kiddo to his / her big kid room?) I just moved DS2 out of the nursery so now I can start setting up all the things I bought!

Any crafts / DIY you have planned? Either making a letter like the E below, or cross-stitching a floral letter for her name. I made name signs for both boys' nurseries.

• @Brezzy1928 where did she get that blanket? It's too cute!

@mrsbubbles-2  DO IT! Hell, I want my own rock climbing wall.  I've seen them in backyards around our neighborhood.
  • meeks2020meeks2020 member
    edited March 2018
    I'm loving the space themes!
    We are reusing ds nursery theme. The room will be painted gray, and accented in grey and yellow with the theme Giraffes. I'm obsessed with giraffes and jellyfish and once this little peanut grows up to decide on his own theme, I won't have anywhere to put my giraffes, so I am using them while I can  :D I'd love to do a new theme, but I just can't let my giraffes go

Eta baby will sleep in a bassinet in the pnp in our room for a while, until I'm comfortable moving him to his crib in his own room. The nursery is almost done, all we need is the crib actually assembled, room painted, and clothes washed/hung up or folded 

• @scottishlass1213 Crate and Barrel. I was lusting after it for awaile but, really didn't want to pay that much for it. But, my MIL is going a little crazy. first grandchild, and just went and bought it. It is really good quality though. 

https://www.crateandbarrel.com/outer-space-baby-quilt/s497988

• @Brezzy1928 - LOVE the blanket (Hi Pluto! We miss you!) and I'm so excited to see what Star Trek / Star Wars details you include!

@legallykate - awesome classic color combination and that print is amazing!

@alinafed - those drawer knobs are precious! I love all the florals, I'm loving the idea of either striped or dot decals like the ones in your picture but DH has been looking at some pretty wallpaper but I'm not sure I want that kind of commitment. Like, you can take a decal down after a few years but wallpaper is such a PITA and I doubt she'll want floral walls when she's older.

@melprop - oh my it sounds like a lot of projects! I love the woodland critters! So cute!

@scottishlass1213 - I would love the climbing wall, especially on cold / wet days when they can't climb and explore in the backyard or go to the playground or something. I'm still working on DH but I think I'll win him over!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're doing a Star Wars theme, honestly, because I already have a ton of Star Wars stuff. I don't want to buy too much. 

We'll room share for a while, but I just have a bassinet that attaches to the bed, so that's it. 

The one thing I know for sure I'm buying is a name sign like this:

I'm just not sure what color I was to paint it, so I'll have to figure that out.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lalala2004 - I'm geeking out over your whole post, between the Star Wars theme, the name sign and your ticker is a baby tribble I'm just sad I can only love-it once

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS’s new bedroom will probably have a Star Wars theme. The kid is obsessed with Star Wars. 
  • I feel like a crappy and boring mom because poor baby #3 isn't getting a nursery. She will eventually get her own room (whenever my brother moves out) but it probably won't be for at least a year. I was feeling totally fine with it until seeing all the cute stuff y'all are doing! I live in the basement of my parent's house which is huge so I was just going to give her her own section of the basement with a crib and dresser/changing table for her clothes. My second basically coslept for 2 years so I figured this would be very similar and didn't really see the need for her own room at this point. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Side note - Speaking of Star Wars. I want this shirt so much. 

• @Brezzy1928 Link to that shirt? I neeed to buy it so I can wear it to school with the Star Wars earrings DS got me. It would be perfect for May 4th!
  • I have 2 more weeks until my anatomy scan- ugh!

I maayyyy have already bought some things, girl related lol Greys, pinks, adventure, boho  :D
    If it’s a boy.... no clue  :#

what will be babies room is currently the play room, so the girls will have a fun summer task of moving all their toys to the spare room
    downstairs. 
  • Do you have a theme for the nursery?  I don't really love too much of one theme.  I like a mish-mash of interesting stuff. 

Will you be room sharing with baby? What setup do you imagine for the bedroom?  Heck no.  Both boys go immediately into their own rooms. 

Are you doing any additional work (like moving an older kiddo to his / her big kid room?)  Nope, leaving DS alone in his room.  He's only 16m (21m when Kid2 comes) and I'd like to keep him in the crib until closer to 3.  Then I want to get him bunk beds!

Any crafts / DIY you have planned? hahahahahahaha That's funny
  • @legallykate I love the Hillary quote and it's making me a little jealous that I can't do that until I have a girl. 

I don't have any particular inspiration but his room is going to be dinosaurs in blue, green, and grey. Probably some little touches of Jurassic Park/World and Star Wars too. And some sports since my dad got him a basketball hoop and a hockey net. We rent so we're not going too crazy with painting or anything like that. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Y'all are killing me with these photos and ideas!! Everything is so cute!

@brezzy1928 Link to the shirt please?? I need that for school! I have so much star wars stuff in my classroom. My students all know how big of a fan I am. :) Love the blanket too. I think I pinned something similar.

@legallykate I love that Hillary quote too! Such a unique touch. 

Do you have a theme for the nursery?
    Probably space themed. I'm a SW/Sci-Fi fan and taught astronomy for years, so that'll probably be it - unless H has a better idea. He'd probably suggest "Contemporary and Modern Mexican Artists"- which would be a hard no from me. :p

Initially we plan to. I sleep pretty light though, so that may not last. 

Right now H and I each have our own office. Mine doubles as a dance studio/workout room. We will be combining his office into mine so his can become the nursery. 

Um. I'd love to say yes, but I'm not good at this sort of thing. I may just pay a friend. 
  • I’m lame. I’m not changing a thing in DS’s nursery, just moving him and his name banner to a new room and the new baby will take the nursery as-is. I think creating a new room for DS is enough work for me haha
  • Well, if I had a nursery, which I don't, but if I did....I was going to go with a woodland creature theme. Deer, squirrels, bunnies...earth tones, since I won't know what I'm having until it hatches. 

But now, it's looking like a pack-n-play in our bedroom next to the bed. =/
  • @neeraja_k we do pack and play next to the bed for several months—it’s really convenient and helpful in my experience!
  • ecwkecwk member
    No nursery here! Baby will be in my room for quite a while, especially if he or she is anything like DS. Our bedroom is a decent size so at the far end we will put a pack and play with newborn napper and changing pad. I also will have a RnP and a Dockatot, and we will likely bedshare. Helloooo easy breastfeeding! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha @dirtanddiamonds and @ecwk I’ve found my people. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • ecwkecwk member
    Haha @dirtanddiamonds and @ecwk I’ve found my people. 
    You know it 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Whichever sex, there will be a woodland theme. For a girl, boho deer and flowers, while for a boy, more woodsy. H cleared out the room over the past few weekends. I've been hesitant to buy much/do any significant planning until a little further along. 
  • Yeah, I got one of the nicer Pack and Play's with the sleeper and changer on it for cheap ($95) from BRU. Since we're liquidating furniture and odds and ends pre-move and I figured it's all right there, so no need for setting up extra furniture we'd only have to tear down later. So it'll be very convenient for temporary use in that respect. It just kinda bums me out we've lived here for 15 years and I'd always had plans for a kid's room and now I won't get the chance. Boo. 

@dirtanddiamonds Ermagerd! That is the most adorable painting ever! I love the little whimsical woodland creature paintings. =D
  • ecwkecwk member
    @neeraja_k that’s the same or similar to the one I have on my registry. I didn’t have one with all the bells and whistles last time but I definitely see the value in it now!

Pregnancy Ticker