August 2018 Moms

GTKY 3/14

2»

Re: GTKY 3/14

• 1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far?

I really mostly just LOVE THE BUMP FORMAT :insert crying laughing emoji: 

havin been on 3 Bmb post-exodus/change/etc I really like this one. While I don’t like the strict formatting with threads, this group was much nicer and not dicks about it. My last one, *tw* I measured behind at my u/s and being pgal was freaking the f out. I was a regular poster and was known esp in the pgal. I posted to ask for ppl to share their positive experiences with measuring behind because I needed to hear good outcomes, and I figured pgal wasn’t a good place for that, and it’s woyldvget lost in randoms. Multiple ppl redirected me. And yes I lost that baby. 

The threads that are started here that aren’t ridiculous but legit need support etc, are not given a hard time here and I was glad this was the one I’ve stayed in.

Beyond what everyone knows I dislike I agree with the board org stuff. Not enough one off discussion threads and the long randoms are too hard to follow if you can’t log in consistently. I find better discussion comes from specific threads personally... the old one is fun but even more so like ‘how would you handle this situatin’ Type thing 

2. Current Favorite TV Show:

I recently finished the crown and everything sucks, both were excellent. 

3. Are you on pinterest? Not even a little bit. 

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): Nordstrom 

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): dark creamy stouts, good ipas, certAin pumpkins, shandys 

6. Favorite dessert: depends on my mood but Haagen Daasz banana pb chip is killin me lately, chocolate (Lindt truffles mmmm) homemade choc chip cookies, oatmeal scotchies

7. Favorite chick flick: when harry met sally. Little women.

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? A mani pedi would be really nice, it’s been sooooo long

9. Favorite board game: I don’t really like them 

10. What's for dinner tonight? We had chicken pot pie bc pi day!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• 1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far? I like that everyone is nice & supportive of each other. Dislike the long randoms thread & how I tend to get the long threads confused in my head. 

2. Current Favorite TV Show: The only thing I’ve watched lately is Curse of Oak Island with DH. 

3. Are you on pinterest? Yes

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): Maurice’s, it is literally the only ladies’ clothing store near me other than Walmart. By near me, I mean less than an hour away. 

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): Local sweet wines. I don’t care if it’s red, white, or blush, but I definitely prefer western PA/NY wines. 

6. Favorite dessert: chocolate chip cookies

7. Favorite chick flick: 10 Things I Hate About You

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? Probably treat myself to a pedicure. My feet are getting dry & itchy. 

9. Favorite board game: Battleship

10. What's for dinner tonight? Last night we had steak & pasta. Not sure about tonight, probably whatever DH feels like cooking. 

• Loading the player...
  • @homequiltingmama give me all the Dr. Pepper!!! I had to stop drinking four years ago after being diagnosed with autoimmune liver disease, and Dr. Pepper has been my go to, besides flavored seltzers.
  • @pghctwife Pittsburgh born an raised! Never lived anywhere else. It's funny because I was thinking last night that nebby is Pittsburghese and maybe I should change it but, for the life of me I could not think of how to explain that. 

Ok I looked up Urban Dictionary - 
    Used Mainly in The Pittsburgh Area. 
    To be Nosy, snoopy, inquisitive, annoying. 
  • Ha! I went to college there (Duquesne) (and dh is from 2 hours east though he never used that bit of pittsburghese). I remember the term well!
    nosy is definitely the closest I think

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Sometimes I forget that we talk weird here. I had a roommate from Florida and I told her to be careful because the floor was "Slippy". She could not figure out what I was talking about. It took me a minute to figure out the real word. Slippery. I also try hard not to use Yinz but sometimes it slips out! 
  • Sometimes I forget that we talk weird here. I had a roommate from Florida and I told her to be careful because the floor was "Slippy". She could not figure out what I was talking about. It took me a minute to figure out the real word. Slippery. I also try hard not to use Yinz but sometimes it slips out! 
    Slippy!!  Do you also red up the room? :)

My favorite professor in college had such a heavy Pittsburgh accent that there were a few times I had to ask a friend who was a native also to translate my notes for me LOL LOL LOL   Such a unique and specific dialect there 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I definitely thought nebby was an autocorrect for nosy or something lol

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• I redd up and the go sit on the caach and have a nice cold pop! 
  • 1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far? I both like and dislike the lack of drama. What can I say... occasionally its entertaining.  :D

2. Current Favorite TV Show: This is Us

3. Are you on pinterest? Yes, too often.

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): Local boutiques

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): Blue Moon 

6. Favorite dessert: Bananas Foster

7. Favorite chick flick: Notting Hill

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? Go to Yoga Nidra 

9. Favorite board game: None, but I do like to play cards

10. What's for dinner tonight? Eating out tonight, not sure where. Its my SS's 5th Grade Championship Basketball game. They are playing against the school my son goes to, it should be a good game! We will go out with the team win or lose.

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I redd up and the go sit on the caach and have a nice cold pop! 

Stuck in box.

do yinz go dahntahn to watch dem stillers an’ ‘at? Heehee! I wish my in laws were closer to pgh - way more fun to visit. We are hoping to start doing trips more in the summer... zoo, kennywood, science center, etc etc. heck when we were there this fall for a wedding it was so fun just to hang out on the south side (old stomping grounds)

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @pghctwife Kennywood has a Thomas the Train thing opening this summer! Looks really cool! I guess because i live here I forget about stuff but, there really is a ton of stuff to do. 
  • Let's play 10 Questions:

1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far? Don’t like the weekly ransoms. Wish there were more individual topic threads.

2. Current Favorite TV Show: nothing right now.

3. Are you on pinterest? Yes

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): Nordstrom Rack

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): I don’t drink but I love virgin fruit beverages

6. Favorite dessert: anything except ice cream

7. Favorite chick flick: no idea

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? Sleep

9. Favorite board game: cranium

10. What's for dinner tonight? Orange chicken, asparagus and rice

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far?

I like the advice I get, but don’t really feel like a true member of the community as a FTM because I don’t have much to contribute  

2. Current Favorite TV Show:

Longmire or HGTV

3. Are you on pinterest?

Yep, love it. I waste waaaay too much time scrolling.

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby):

Gap, Lucky, and Lululemon 

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby):

Sauv blanc or Tito’s and soda with extra lime

6. Favorite dessert:

Creme brûlée or key lime pie

7. Favorite chick flick:

Steel Magnolias

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it?

Get a massage, my back and legs are killing me!

9. Favorite board game:

Scattegories

10. What's for dinner tonight?

We had a party/barbecue today so ate all day long, so leftovers if anything.