August 2018 Moms

GTKY 3/14

Let's play 10 Questions:

1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far?

2. Current Favorite TV Show:

3. Are you on pinterest?

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby):

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby):

6. Favorite dessert:

7. Favorite chick flick:

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it?

9. Favorite board game:

10. What's for dinner tonight?

Re: GTKY 3/14

• Loading the player...
  • 1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far? That we have so many late bloomers/randoms who try to be regular for like 2 days, then vanish. Its making me feel like I have Alzheimer's. 

2. Current Favorite TV Show: Umm  . . .  Puss in boots Netflix originals. Actually has been on tv . .  Numb3rs or NCIS. 

3. Are you on pinterest? I have 3 separate pintrest profiles. One for public, one for home/family, and a naughty one just for me. 

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): Umm I don't buy myself many clothes. So eBay?

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): Gummy bear shot turned into full sized drink. 

6. Favorite dessert: No bake cookies currently. 

7. Favorite chick flick:  The Holiday, and Safe Haven. 

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? Sleep, or foot rub. not sure which. 

9. Favorite board game:  Candy Land. My mom made us a life sized version that we used at our reception that was super fun. 

10. What's for dinner tonight?  Taco Soup, using chicken instead of hamburger. Homemade rolls and tortillas for the side. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• 1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far? 

Seems kinda clicky. 

Real housewives every city. 

3. Are you on pinterest?

Nope not crafty and it has to much, I feel like Inhave ADD on Pinterest and can’t stay on task. 

Gap/Old Navy I wait until the 40% off and go crazy. 

Captain and Coke. 

6. Favorite dessert:

Not a dessert person but when I am pms’ing I love brownies. 

7. Favorite chick flick:

Titanic. 

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it?

Eat a a fancy restaurant. 

9. Favorite board game:

I’ll pass Inhat board games, but with DD now I feel like I am going to have to start to tolerate them. 

• 1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far? I also agree with it being slow. I wish it was a little more active during the day because that’s when I can be on it most often.

2. Current Favorite TV Show: House Hunters because it's so mindless, And any baking competition shows

3. Are you on pinterest? Of course, but mostly for recipes. I have tons of crafty things pinned that I’ve never made. Including easy sewing projects for the sewing machine I’ve had for 2 years and never used.

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): I don’t know why this feels like a hard question. I have way too many clothes, but they come from everywhere. I do love Stitch Fix and Target though.

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): All the red wine. Preferably super bold.

6. Favorite dessert: Anything chocolate

7. Favorite chick flick: Mean Girls

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? Since I’m a FTM, I usually have plenty of free time on the weekends. But I would still probably nap.

9. Favorite board game: Clue, hands down

10. What's for dinner tonight? Creamy Italian chicken in the crockpot over noodles

I kind of get confused with who said what in what thread - especially since there's multiple kinds of one thread going at a time. 

2. Current Favorite TV Show: Right now I'm watching old episodes of Poldark online, since I never watched it when it first came out. 

3. Are you on pinterest? But of course! 

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): I hate clothes shopping, so a lot of what I have is from Gap/Old Navy. 

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): Margaritas, Wine, Super cold craft beer

6. Favorite dessert: This is tough! Brownies, or cookies or creme brulee.

7. Favorite chick flick: Mean Girls probably.

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? Um - probably sleep. Or just lay around and read or watch netflix.

9. Favorite board game:  So many! Settlers of Catan right now probably.

10. What's for dinner tonight?  Sweet and sour chicken. 

• @alinafed I LOVE Nashville in the beginning. The last two seasons though...they should have quit while they were ahead haha. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

I like all the people but I get behind really easily on the longer threads and it’s hard to catch up.

Mozart in the Jungle

3. Are you on pinterest?

Yeah, mostly for recipes.

I typically shop at Lane Bryant but I don’t love it  

Dirty gin martini, scotch, dark beer... add me to the missing alcohol group.

6. Favorite dessert:

Ice cream or anything chocolate and peanut butter 

7. Favorite chick flick:

The Wedding Singer

Probably a massage or just sit and watch tv and be alone. 

9. Favorite board game:

Cards Against Humanity or Life

Pork chops with a side of begging DS to actually eat  :s

• @alinafed I LOVE Nashville in the beginning. The last two seasons though...they should have quit while they were ahead haha. 

I've heard the same thing from others so I'm kind of just waiting it to get bad lolol.

• @ashleyandjody I was just discussing stock options with a co-worker so it took me a long time to figure out what "stock show season" was.....but gotcha, live stock! 
  • 1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far? I like that we seem to have a smaller group - I feel like I'm getting to know you ladies better than I would if there were 100 of us on every day. I'm all for more threads starting up, I think with a group this size we wouldn't have to worry so much about the board being cluttered as some of the bigger boards would

2. Current Favorite TV Show: Star Trek: Discovery right now. But it's not airing so we're watching Law and Order SVU and Bridezillas lol!

3. Are you on pinterest? Yes! I don't know how I would ever feed the littles if not for Pinterest

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): Maurices

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): Summer - Gin and Tonic. Rest of the year - chardonnay

6. Favorite dessert: I'm not picky :D gimme all the desserts!

7. Favorite chick flick: Yeah no, I don't do chick flicks. I like those awful B-movies about genetically altered animals that are attacking people in some remote part of the world and it's up to a team of scientists and the token hot chick to save the day.

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? Pedicure

9. Favorite board game: Cards against humanity, balderdash

10. What's for dinner tonight? It's our free day in our menu plan! So I get to satisfy whatever random pregnancy craving happens to be haunting my dreams. Lately it's all about Subway
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Started the in-law thread at @lalala2004's suggestion!  I love the idea of more threads.  But more threads that are interactive for everyone and allow everyone's input.  And not from trolls.   Active members can start new threads cause they understand when a new thread is appropriate.  But someone that has never said anything starting a thread is still rude IMO. 
  • Let's play 10 Questions:

1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far? While I don’t get to be as active as I’d like to be, I think we have a pretty good group.  Although, I do still think we’re in the honeymoon phase and we’re all still trying to put on our best face.  I feel like I need to see the snark before I can feel more like a “group”.  

Also, I feel like the board is actually too overwhelming.  There are too many of the same type of threads and I wish we’d have more variety.  It’s kind of hard to go from the questions thread to the STM thread to ask another question and back and forth.  Also, I don’t see why we have a separate weekend randoms thread, can’t we just carry on with the weekly randoms and only post a new weekly random? 

2. Current Favorite TV Show: Survivor, TWD, and Homeland

3. Are you on Pinterest? Who isn’t?

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): Target and Old Navy

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby):  Pinot Grigio with a splash of ginger ale

6. Favorite dessert: anything chocolate, gimme it all!

7. Favorite chick flick: Practical Magic and Teen Witch

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? Probably browse around Barnes and Noble at my leisure.  Love that place!

9. Favorite board game: Scattergories

10. What's for dinner tonight? Good question.  I’m trying not to order take out because we’ve eaten out too much lately but I forgot to take meat out of the freezer.

• ecwkecwk member
    @msmonalisavito girl I have to agree with the weekend random thread, does seem a little pointless. My old BMB had just one official random thread that was like 748374 pages long by the time we went to FB :lol:
    Also I LOVE Practicals Magic! Love love love it!
    And yes to the honeymoon phase too! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

I agree with the others. I like that it's a smaller group, and that everyone seems cool. It does get slow and I miss the drama sometimes.

The Walking Dead, Life in Pieces, This Is Us

3. Are you on pinterest?

Yeah, but don't go on frequently.

Old Navy or Target. Not a big shopper.

Ohhhhhh the choices. Dirty martini with olives, cabernet, sauv blanc, beer, a good margarita.

6. Favorite dessert:

I like different temperatures in dessert, so definitely a warm fudgey brownie with vanilla ice cream on top.

7. Favorite chick flick:

The family stone is a good one.

Probably watch a mindless TV show by myself while binging on donuts and cheetos.

9. Favorite board game:

Clue. Hands down.

Salmon with asparagus and rice.
  • kcdo1010kcdo1010 member
    edited March 2018

Myself LOL I come in waves and feel bad, but the App sucks  When we go fb I’ll be a PW 

2. Current Favorite TV Show: I don’t watch anything live— currently dh and I are watching Wakkimg Dead from the start  I like 9-1-1 on fox. I’m a trashy reality show lover too

3. Are you on pinterest? Yes. Phases 

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): Francesca’s 

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): Michalob ultra pomegranate beers

6. Favorite dessert: cheesecake and donuts 

7. Favorite chick flick: The Notebook  I love all of them!

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? Only 1 hour!?!? CMON! Probably just lay in my bed, with the tv, Chinese food and ice cream  

9. Favorite board game: Kings’s cup. I mean, Life  

10. What's for dinner tonight? BBQ Pizza and sweet potato fries 

Some days its slow, then on days when I can't check it seems to explode. Its been extremely helpful, and the majority of people have been amazing

Fixer upper or bizarre foods. 

3. Are you on pinterest?

Yes! Though I should really declutter at some point

Loft, nordstrom, gap, j crew though quality from all has me searching for a new store

Extra dirty martini with blue cheese olives, or old fashioned. 

6. Favorite dessert:

Really good cake with real buttercream frosting. Or ice cream. Or creme brulee or key lime pie. Give them all to me 

7. Favorite chick flick:

I suck at movies, as I fall asleep if not action, suspense

Undisrupted bubble bath with a big bowl of ice cream and a good book

9. Favorite board game:

Life. Or pandemic

Trader Joe's steak, canned corn and spanish rice

• 1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far? Some days it’s slower and I can keep up, then others I’m busy at work, it explodes and I can’t catch up. Just hoping I can stay up to date for the long haul. But it’s been great to have in general and tons of amazing ladies. 

2. Current Favorite TV Show: Bachelor/ette, Scandal, Blacklist

3. Are you on pinterest? Of course. 

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): Target, Old Navy, Loft occasionally. Recently started shopping on Amazon and it is amazing. 

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): Red wine - preferably Cab or Malbec. Or Pinot. Hell, I’d drink any red wine right now. I miss it more than I should. 

6. Favorite dessert: Not a huge sweet tooth, but cheesecake or anything that involves sea salt and caramel together 

7. Favorite chick flick: How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it?: Hot bubble bath, good book, glass (or bottle) of wine

9. Favorite board game: Scrabble 

10. What's for dinner tonight? Homemade chicken pad Thai. Yummmmm. 

Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• 1. What do you like/dislike about our BMB so far? I like getting to know all of you and having other people along with me on this adventure. I also like that is is small and slow enough that I can either keep up or catch up in the evenings. Im afraid if it was much more active, I just couldn't keep up with it. I dislike that I don't feel comfortable starting threads because of how everyone might react. Was surprised to see so many people asking for more threads.

2. Current Favorite TV Show: just started LOVE on Netflix. Only like 6 episodes in but I'm enjoying it.

3. Are you on pinterest? Technically yes, but my single log in every 6 months probably says otherwise.

4. Favorite store to buy clothes for yourself (pre-baby): loft, target, old navy

5. Favorite alcoholic beverage (also pre-baby): gin and tonic

6. Favorite dessert: peach or blackberry cobbler. I always do birthday cobbler instead of cake, and I have a summer birthday so it works well.

7. Favorite chick flick: not really sure I have one. My sister and I watched "she's the man" relentlessly as teens, so that brings back some good memories but haven't seen it in years.

8. If you had a magical hour of free time this weekend, what would you do with it? Somehow not stress about work. If it's magic, I should be able to control my thoughts right?

9. Favorite board game: five tribes or lords of waterdeep.

10. What's for dinner tonight? grilled cheese and tomato soup. 

I love it. I like our small group. I don’t think we’ve ever had any real drama - let’s dial that up. It’s entertaining.

I’m guilty of posting on the wrong thread because I get confused about what goes where lol. 

You ladies have no idea how much I depend on all of you and how many nights I am alone and I just come to the boards for socialization and what is slowly turning into friendship. 

I watch Modern Family and Ellen, but I record them and marathon watch them once every couple weeks.

3. Are you on pinterest?

Yes,  but not for the normal reasons.  I love reviewing home plans in seeing new designs. I’m a big nerd with regards to home building.

Cavenders, Boot Barn and Buckle

Crown Apple (usually with Sprite but sometimes neat)

6. Favorite dessert:

I’m not a big dessert eater  

7. Favorite chick flick:

Pretty Woman

Just being with SO... with no agenda - just being

9. Favorite board game:

I’m very competitive and don’t do well with these - lol - but I love playing cards

Didn’t get home from dance classes until about 6 minutes before kiddos bedtime so everyone was on their own. Hope they ate. Lol. 

I like that it's small.  And I like that everyone is pretty chill.  We've had a few tense moments, but everyone seems to be friends again pretty quickly.  I'm trying to respond more, but I can't usually get to it until DS is in bed, and then by the time I'm caught up, I feel like the conversation has moved on, and it's time for bed.  Also, my current level of involvement is what it looks like when I'm making an effort.  I'm really quiet, so it's hard for me to speak up in a group.

We just started rewatching Freaks and Geeks for like the fifth time.  That show is so good, but the teenage pain is so realistic, it's hard to watch at times.

3. Are you on pinterest?

Nope.  I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, either.

Um... Ross?  Or maybe Kohl's?

If it's made well, margarita.  But I'm kind of a margarita snob.  I don't like them if they use any kind of mix.

6. Favorite dessert:

Oh my god, I was trying to decide and then I read everyone else's answers, and now I want them all.  I'll say chocolate cheesecake.

7. Favorite chick flick:

Ha, same answer here.  I'll say When Harry Met Sally.

I like the idea of a pedicure.

9. Favorite board game:

Um... I like Trivial Pursuit or Taboo.  I also like Cards Against Humanity.

Pie!  We wanted to celebrate pie day, so we picked a restaurant with good pie.  I had a yogurt parfait.  It sounded good, and I wanted to save room for pie.  We brought the pie home, I don't actually know what kind we got.

• #7 ... How could I forget Fried Green Tomatoes?!?!?!
  • F47F47 member
    @lolog531 We watched season 1 of The Blacklist, then something screwed up with our DVR and we never got back to it. It was so good. I love James Spader. I want to pick it back up, but it’s been years now, so we’d probably have to rewatch. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Let's play 10 Questions:

I like how it feels more like a community than drive by style (like BC). I never even posted on my previous BMB from years ago because of the disorganization and drama - I know many people did form groups in those BMB, but I never really felt like I could get an 'in'.  As a lurker, there was some fun in reading the drama, but here it's more fun to participate - - which is why I came out from lurking :)

I don't really WATCH a lot of shows, but I do enjoy having the TV on.  Usually something on PBS though.  However, I am currently working through Sneaky Pete on Amazon and enjoying it - sometimes I miss stuff though because I'll start doing something else so I missed a MAJOR part of the first episode and it took me a couple of episodes to figure out a certain detail that I apparently should have known from the beginning ;)

3. Are you on pinterest?

Yep!  I like lists and pinterest is like one big list of pictures - even better!

I hate shopping for clothes for myself.  It's like a nightmare if I have to find something specific.  Otherwise I usually get what I can at Target and sometimes Old Navy.  It's easier now that I don't work and don't need more professional clothes though.

I don't drink alcohol.  Actually, the only alcohol I've ever had was at an after work game night when I was pregnant with my first child!  I took one sip of the lemonade and knew something was up.  Asked a coworker and sure enough it had alcohol.  They knew I didn't drink, so it was no big deal when I dumped it to get something else (I was only about 6 weeks along so no one even knew to warn me since I hadn't told anyone yet).

Just remembered that my parents gave me a sip of beer when I was little...hated it (which is what they wanted me to think) - my sister loved it though, so it did backfire somewhat on them ;)

Anyway, I'll take a Dr. Pepper please.

6. Favorite dessert:

I have such a sweet tooth, I love pretty much anything.  Except anything that has coffee or coffee flavor...yuck!  My favorite 'special' dessert is cherry dump cake (special just because I'm the only one who ever makes it, which is not often)

7. Favorite chick flick:

My favorite when I was younger was Two Weeks Notice.  I don't really watch a lot of movies, in general, but I do like chick flicks usually because they are "light and funny" and I don't have to think a whole lot to enjoy it.

Honestly, I'd use it to clean.  Mostly just so I could feel like I could enjoy the rest of my time.  But a pedicure does sound nice and I might try to make that really happen this weekend since the weather is getting warmer and flip flop season is calling my name!

9. Favorite board game:

I enjoy a good board game! Someone mentioned Pandemic earlier...might have to get that one out and play again!  I also enjoy Legendary, though it's a bit more of a card game.

We had Taco Bell...mostly because we were supposed to eat pork chops and those just didn't sound that great for tonight.

• @Brezzy1928 you from the Pittsburgh area??? ‘Nebby’!! 
    Abd the weekend randomsvare my FAVORITE bc the thread stays short. I can’t handle the week ones past the first 2?days, it’s too hard to keep up. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w