October 2018 Moms

GTKY #8

2»

Re: GTKY #8

• I met my husband in the fall of 2008 at church right before he left to serve a two year mission. We wrote for most of that mission. He came back February 2011 and we started dating pretty quickly. We were engaged by September and married the following September. We have been married for five years now.
  • I met DH at a high school football game. We have been married for 10 years and together for 17 years. It sounds insane to type that out because DH has been part of my life for longer than he hasn’t been part of my life! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Met DH senior year of high school! We've been together a little over 4 years and we've been married almost 5 months now! Our anniversary is 10/21 and as of now EDD is 10/5 which is exciting!(:
  • @mamabearcj Congrats on the wedding and baby! We have a couple of us here due around our wedding anniversaries - October is apparently our lucky months!
    I'm due Oct 12 (on our dating anniversary) and our wedding anni is the 19th!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• @chyvie that's so exciting!! I did see a lot of similar anniversary and due dates when I was lurking waiting to actively post and I think it's so awesome to have an extra celebration that month!! 
  • I met my s/o through mutual friends about 5 years ago. We were best friends up until Dec 2016 when we started dating :) 
  • We met drunkenly at a college football game tailgate.  Aaaand ended up making out in the bathroom.  Never thought I’d see him again, but thought about him a lot.  Two months later, he hit me up on Facebook.  We were both traveling to Texas for another football game.  We texted that whole weekend and went on our first date the next week!  We’ve been together for 8 years and married for 4.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My brother in law and I were close friends in HS, we shared a lot of classes (we were in a magnet school and shared a "major" so had at least two classes together per year). We hung out during and after school and I knew he had an older brother but he had gone off to college by the time we started hanging out outside of school (my Mother in law was our Activities Director all throughout HS). Fast forward to my first year teaching and one of my best friends asks me to go to happy hour with her and her mentor. Guy says "Oh my God, you went to HS with my brother!" takes a picture with me, we send it to him...9 months later we were engaged and married a year after that. We've been married 5 years (last Dec) and we've been together 7 years (in April). My brother in law had A LOT of material for his best man speech  :D
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband and I met online in high school before it was cool to do that! We had a mutual friend and she had added him to my MSN messenger and we used to talk all night. 17 years later 11 of those married, here we are.
  • charlie2 said:
    My husband and I met online in high school before it was cool to do that! We had a mutual friend and she had added him to my MSN messenger and we used to talk all night. 17 years later 11 of those married, here we are.
    Awwwww MSN messenger.  Times were so much simpler!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • charlie2 said:
    My husband and I met online in high school before it was cool to do that! We had a mutual friend and she had added him to my MSN messenger and we used to talk all night. 17 years later 11 of those married, here we are.
    Awwwww MSN messenger.  Times were so much simpler!
    My first serious relationship was with a guy I had met in the AOL chatrooms. We chatted from the time we were 14/15 to 18/19, then met and dated about a year and a half after that. 
  • I was 15, driving with my mom, sister and a friend in our family Astro van. The dirt road we were on was super muddy in places, there was water across the road at one point too. My mom was worried that we'd get stuck in the middle of the road so she told me not to go too slow (if you are ever in this situation, in rural SW Nebraska anyways, SLOW is the way to go!) So I tried keeping a good pace and plowed into the pond. It sucked us right off the road into the ditch, leaving our van at a precarious angle in a pond of water. We climbed out and stood on the road wondering what to do and my mom started walking up the road back the way we came towards the residence we had been at. Along came a guy from the same church we went to, with his dad who had been out haying in the neighborhood. He was a few years older than me so I hadn't met him before (we had only lived in the area not quite a year), but I knew who he was. They hooked up the van to his pick up and pulled us out of the pond and saved my day! 
    That was the first time we'd actually met, and eventually we got married and have been for 13 years on the 27th  of this month!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • My husband and I met at a bar, which is the simplest form of how we met! We were both part of a local community fb group that did some get togethers and community service. 
  • Met DH in the chemical engineering honor society (yeah, we're nerds). I was president, he was a VP, so I've been the boss from day 1 :wink: Started dating a year later right when I graduated. Did long distance for about 1.5 years before I moved back to the same city (October 2012). Got married 3 years later (10/24/15), DHs birthday is 10/15, and EDD is also 10/15, so I'd say October is our month!
  • Met my Irish husband in Las Vegas! I'm American and we both worked for the same, global company and were both sent to a conference in Vegas. Hit it off immediately and thus began 2 long years of many flights back and forth between NYC and Dublin. Exactly 2 years and 1 month after we met, we married and I moved to Ireland! We'll be married 3 years in June and I have no regrets. I get a minimum 6 months fully paid maternity leave and my husband gets 6 weeks paternity leave. Plus the 32 vacation days per year and 8 weeks "parental leave" to be taken before baby is 5
  • edited March 2018
    I'm not married to either of my partners but I've known them both for around ten years, the three of us worked in three dining hall during college and our group of friends is still really tight. My baby daddy partner and i have been together almost nine years and after lots of talking about it and planning we opened up our relationship to be non monogamous last summer. My other partner and I had hooked up in college before I met babydaddy partner but it wasn't the right time (we were both hot messes). We stayed friends and they tell me every time we saw each other ( once or twice a year) they knew they were still in live with me (aww). After opening our relationship in the summer i started reconnecting a bit more with my other now-partner who was going through an ugly divorce. This past September we knew we wanted to start our lives together and right now we're semi long distance ( about an hour and a half drive from each other) but we see each other weekly and we're planning on all living together and cohabiting in June. They've become an amazing third parent to our toddler and are so excited to be welcoming this new baby with us. Both my partners feel like my soul mates and I'm so grateful to both of them, and so grateful for their close friendship to each other. Living the dream!

Edit to add: my baby daddy partner also has two really sweet girlfriends and they're both super great about this pregnancy and understanding his time commitments to me during this, especially when a date gets cut short because I have a hormonal meltdown about something lol. One I'm a bit closer with and we have fun chatting about baby clothes and whatnot, but they're not going to be on the parenting level so not super relevant to this board.
  • Met online October 2003, playing billiards on Yahoo games. He said he was from England. Moved on to MSN.
     Took a trip to England in 2006, Met up with him there. Hit it off, got married the next year and have been married now for ten years.