November 2018 Moms
Options

Bye Mamas - maybe next month

nerdeebirdnerdeebird member
edited March 2018 in November 2018 Moms
DH and I have only been trying for a few months and got our first ever BFP 9 days ago and confirmed with my doctor last Tuesday. But it looks like I had a chemical pregnancy. I started bleeding Friday and proceeded to have what seems to be much like a period....I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative.... I know so many women here have gone through so much trying to get pregnant and have had such great losses and that chemical pregnancies are so so common so I don't want to compare what I'm going through to what so many of you awesome ladies have been dealing with. But it was still really hard to have all the excitement I've been feeling this past week be dashed. In just a short time I had grown so attached to this pregnancy... I kind of feel a little silly now. I really still can't fully believe this happened. I think we're going to try right away again and I am going to try and keep my spirits high. Maybe I'll be able to join the Dec 2018 ladies.

Anyways, I've really enjoyed feeling apart of this community, even if for just a short time. If anyone has any words of encouragement for conceiving short after a chemical I really appreciate it! I have a really complicated graduate school schedule so we might have to take a break for a while if it doesn't work out this next cycle (which also made this last one not sticking all the harder to cope with...). 

I hope you all have happy healthy pregnancies!

Re: Bye Mamas - maybe next month

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Don’t feel silly or like you shouldn’t feel any grief. Feel what you need to feel. CP’s are still losses and you can mourn the loss in any way and however long you need to. Sending hugs. 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss. It is tough no matter when it happens. I hope you are able to come back soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very sorry for your loss, it is hard at any stage so don’t be hard on yourself 
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. You don't need to discount it, it's still a loss and painful and you don't need to be afraid of embracing that fact. Best wishes for the future. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. I do understand what you're saying about feeling "silly" about being so sad after a CP, as I felt that way too after my CPs. But a loss is a loss no matter how big the baby is, and it's devastating to have your hopes and dreams disappear in an instant. It's okay to feel sad and angry. Cry and yell at the world; whatever you're feeling is normal. Take time to grieve and do whatever you need to do. I have my fingers crossed that you'll get your sticky little bean soon. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    I am so very sorry. Please don't discount your loss. It is ok to feel sad and upset. Hugs!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with PPs, don't feel like your loss is any less than anyone else's because it was a CP. It's still devastating to lose that future your were planning with a little one. Take the time to grieve and try and take care of yourself. Hoping you get your rainbow baby soon. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    I am so sorry for  your loss. Don't feel silly for growing attached too soon; you can never predict what is going to happen. I'm sending you hugs and positive vibes. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    I am so sorry, hoping December is your month ❤️
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    @ecologyphdmama So sorry for your loss. Please come over to the ttgp group. There is a ttcal thread with many wonderful ladies supporting each other. Please take the time to take care of yourself. I know for me, I thought I was fine, but the hormone whack afterward (a week later; did not expect it or know it was coming) was enough to sit me down and feel sad about it. Don't be surprised if you feel not like yourself and ask YH or whomever to remind you that it will take some time to feel balanced again. Hugs <3 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    I, too am going through a chemical pregnancy.  This is my second one in a row.  I started bleeding today after my lines were getting lighter and lighter.  I had a feeling from the beginning with both of them so I really do believe that women's intuition is very real! I hope we both have successful pregnancies in the near future and that everyone in the group has healthy pregnancies! 
  • Options
    @ecologyphdmama and @Janie585 - so sorry for your losses.  Hugs and hopes for December babies for you both.
    Me:  28  DH:  33
    Married:  10/04/2014
    DD1:  03/02/15
    DD2:  08/04/16
    Baby 3 Due:  11/23/18!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement ladies. It really means so much to me. It's good to know that it's ok to feel the way I am feeling and that I'm not alone.  <3

@Janie585
     so sorry to hear about your back to back CPs... I wish I could say I had a feeling...but I really felt blindsided when it happened...and even was in denial hoping it was this "normal" spotting thing I hear about *sigh* hopefully we both get sticky babies soon!

suzycupcake thank you for the kind welcome to the TTC group! I've been mostly lurking but trying to engage that last couple days. your posts are so encouraging and always make me feel uplifted!

@KristoKekerooni I feel like you really nailed it...there is a definite grieving of the pregnancy itself but there is also so much grief around all the hopes and dreams and excitement for the future... 
  • Options
    shastaskyshastasky member
    edited March 2018
    I am sorry for your loss, friend. This is a pain I have known. There is no measure on a loss when wanting a baby; the heart feels deeply. Don't minimize your CP loss, it's equally terrible. You are right on par with your feelings right now.

Don't give up! Pregnancy happens when you aren't looking. Best wishes.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Im so sorry for your loss and completely understand how you feel. I had a CP as well. Its hard having to grieve alone. 
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • Options
    I had a cp last month and got a positive this month, so don't give up. It can happen. Good luck
  • Options
    I had a CP in December, followed by another in Jan, then got pregnant the very next cycle for third time and it seems to be sticking. It definitely can happen. And I know exactly what you mean about feeling so attached so soon! It’s amazing how fast it can happen! I feel for you. Hang in there! 

• Options
    @onechoctawgirl I had a CP in Feb and now going through it again.  My doctor says there is no need to wait to start trying again since she truly believes the back to backs was just really bad luck.  I am going to try again when this one is all over.  Congratulations on your pregnancy.  Did you do anything different this time around? 
  • Options
    nerdeebirdnerdeebird member
    edited March 2018
    @shastaskythank you for your kind words

@patriciahomolI'm sorry to hear you also had a CP. FX for our healthy happy pregnancies soon.

@MommaEm3 and @onechoctawgirl glad to hear you both were able to conceive soon after a CP. Hopefully that happens for me as well!