Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk/Question Thread w/o 2/19

2»

Re: Chart Stalk/Question Thread w/o 2/19

• @lulu1180 I've read that. I'm being realistic but also hopeful. **TW** My boss had a loss last July and was waiting 3m. She was temping and didn't think she O'd after her first period but apparently she did at some point **end TW**.

And thank you, I never imagined I'd be here but then, none of us do.
  • @prpl11butterfly Girl I hear you on that!  I never thought I'd be approaching 2 years of TTC. 

Hugs to all struggling right now!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Loading the player...
  • If you get migraines with ovulation, is it before, during or after?
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited March 2018
    I have an OPK question! So, the evening of CD8 and the morning of C9 I got faint/medium faint positives with my OPK strips. So this morning, CD10, I was expecting either another faint positive or a slightly darker or dark positive, but I got nothing! Anyone experience this? I'm just wondering if maybe the surge happened in the afternoon or evening and I missed it completely (would be strange to happen so early in my cycle, but stranger things have happened), or if maybe my urine was too diluted this morning or what. I'm going to keep testing every day but I'm just confused!
  • @maureenmce What brand of OPK are you using? I am not familiar with a brand that reads a “medium” positive. 
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited March 2018
    @zamora_spin Sorry, was just trying to describe it - the lines weren't very faint, but weren't super strong either so I was just calling it a medium. It's First Response. I'm tempted to switch to digitals because I know they just give you a smiley face or blinking smiley, so maybe less confusion on my end! 
  • @maureenmce To clear up confusion, it really is best to just use some cheap strips. You can get a pack of 50 or 100 wondfo on Amazon for a reasonable price. Test twice a day and take photos to see any progression. Also though, a test is never positive unless it's as dark as or darker than the control line. If you're ever not sure, feel free to inbox me a pic. Place your ring or some other object next to the strip to focus your camera. I don't mind and I'm pretty good at this stuff. I can't remember, what is your usual lp length?

As you get used to it, you won't need to be as religious about it. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @maureenmce Yeah - so the FRER’s are only positive if the lines are the same darkness or the test line is darker. Some people do like digitalis, personally, like @suzycupcake I have always liked the cheapies because when I know the surge is coming I can use 3-4 in a day and not feel like I’m wasting tons of money. FWIW I have had very short surges before - like tested in the am and pm and never had a true positive and then a temp spike the next day. I’ve also had surges that lasted close to 48 hours. 
  • Thank you so much for the info @suzycupcake and @zamora_spin ! I am gonna order some of the cheapie test strips asap. I may be out this cycle (and it may have been a super short surge that I missed with the tests, like you have experienced @zamora_spin) because I'm getting nothing but negatives now and my CM has dried up. My cycle has been a bit wonky after **TW my most recent loss end TW** so I will definitely be prepared with the cheapies next time and test multiple times a day. Thanks again!