June 2018 Moms
Options

I Mustache You A Question (2/25)

13»

Re: I Mustache You A Question (2/25)

• Options
    No support band here.  And vaginal births.  I thought only c-section moms used them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    c-section mom - I used the support band the hospital gave me.  I could be completely wrong, but I do not think they are intended just for c-section moms.  I thought their purpose was to support your loose empty belly while it shrunk back to size... kinda like Spanx.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had 2 c-sections and didn't use anything. I had the option with my first, but I just felt it was confining/restricting. 
  • Options
    If you're going to have a C, I would recommend waiting until your incision is completely healed before attempting anything compression-like, especially if your tummy might have some rollage going on. The goal with that incision site is to keep it dry, clean, and not irritated in the slightest. You don't want moisture or rubbing to occur there. Mesh undies are your friend. They breathe and they don't press. When I ran out of my hospital stash, I ordered more on Amazon. I stuck to skirts, dresses, and loose pajamas until it was healed. After that, I used shapewear and I believe it helped. This sounds awful, but you do feel kind of like a deflated balloon for a bit until everything settles down so anything that's going to hold you in is going to help with feeling like yourself again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I will weigh in to add that my c-section experience was great, and my recovery was easy. I had a friend who had really bad tearing during a vaginal delivery, and I think her recovery was worse than mine. Not saying that to sound scary, but to highlight that I think it depends on the person and we will work through what we need to!

Check with your OB before trying spinning babies. I brought it up with DD and my OB said not to try. Because of DD’s position, as well as some other factors, OB worried that the spinning babies would send her into distress.
  • Options
    @llamamama14 get a lawyer. Wills are typically pretty cheap unless you have some major assets that make it complicated. I don’t suggest doing it on your own.... remember its not about you (if its needed you’re  dead) you want to make things as easy & cheap as possible for your children. Some ppl think they don’t need a will bc they don’t have much, until they die in a way that entitles them to a large recovery of money (medical malpractice, car/truck accident, work related accident) then your family is fighting for year because you didn’t cover all basis. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    For someone that works for a large health system, I feel dumb not knowing this. But are EKGs pregnancy safe?

DS needs to get one done. and if I'm even allowed to stay in the room with him, is that ok with me being pregnant? trying to decide so we can plan it... around my work, or if DH needs to be there also.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @catlady1215 you’re good. I had one done on myself when I was super dehydrated and tachycardic with DD.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    For someone that works for a large health system, I feel dumb not knowing this. But are EKGs pregnancy safe?

DS needs to get one done. and if I'm even allowed to stay in the room with him, is that ok with me being pregnant? trying to decide so we can plan it... around my work, or if DH needs to be there also.
    An EKG is literally just looking at the electrical impulses from the heart. There's no like... radiation or electric charge or anything to even be remotely worried about.
    The stickers and EKG wires just pick up those signals through the skin.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    Awesome, thanks ladies! I wasn't sure how it picked up the impulses etc. 
    @izza2 @2589
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    Not baby related, and kind of stupid, but do you think batteries are okay to use if they freeze? I had ordered a few things and the box got delivered in the unheated side of the shop and I forgot the box was there for like a week and just grabbed it today... there’s a bunch of condensation in the plastic box but otherwise they look fine...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone had their hair professionally dyed during pregnancy? I'm not worried about the dye, but wondering if stylists are even willing to do it. I was wanting to do hilights closer to my due date, so I could try to be cute after baby comes lol. 
  • Options
    @2589 a lot of people store batteries in the freezer so I’d imagine it’s fine?
  • Options
    @May14th2011 will vary by stylist but yes it’s fine, most will do it. 
  • Options
    @May14th2011 I've had it done and had no problem 
  • Options
    @May14th2011 I've had my hair done and highlighted twice this pregnancy. Like others said, may vary by stylist so worth a call before hand.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @2589 we freeze our batteries lol 

@May14th2011 dyed my hair with DD twice professionally. I haven’t heard of stylists not wanting to. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey I’ve never heard of this! Is it supposed to help them keep longer or something?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is anyone else’s LO getting the hiccups a lot? I feel him/her getting them probably 4-5 times a day. They only last a minute or two but I was curious to see if anyone else is feeling this.
  • Options
    @2589 it has something to do with the batteries retaining more of their charge or something and thus making them last longer. I’m not really a believer but my husband has always done it so *shrugs*  :D
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    @May14th2011 I am also looking to get my hair dyed before LO joins us- way too grey right now.  I could buy a box to cover the grey, but feel that most of the salons I have been to have better ventilation than my bathroom- so I feel better in a salon.  Just let them know when you call to schedule so you don't waste your time if the stylist refuses.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @chartermama not this time, but last time DS kept the hiccups a lot. DH is exceptionally prone to them himself and like father like son. He had them a lot his first year too. Not as much now. As he got bigger and bigger in the womb though, it was increasingly annoying for me, poor buddy. Kind of like having hiccups myself but having no way to get them to stop. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jsl82 gray hair is my arch enemy, lol. I will definitely ask when I schedule the appt, just to be sure
  • Options
    Re: wills. We set up a living trust with an attorney early last year. It’s written so it includes guardianship and medical directives for the executors. It was written to include DD and all future children. I’d recommend that route. We live in California, so it was about $2K and they did all the title switching for our home for us.

Re: C sections - I had one after 10 hours of labor and not being able to eat anything. So I was exhausted when I went in. I imagine, and have been told, that elective CS are easier for recovery.

Re: birth plans - mine was two pages long that basically reiterated that I wanted to follow most of the hospital protocols. But it also assumed I was going to be brought in for an induction and I went into labor in my own. After DD was born, the plan went out the window and I was kind of bitter about that. 
  • Options
    @May14th2011 I was skeptical as well, but I called this place in my area called Mother Risk {recommended by my dr} and it's a nurse I spoke to.
    Her wording - It's fine. Suggested against in first 3 months. Personal suggestion to go with professional since product quality is guaranteed and more airy than doing in a bathroom, BUT the box dyes are also safe.