September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 3/5

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/5

• Options
    edited March 2018
    So just looking for responses on this because I'm sometimes awful at making social judgement calls...

I love doing little April Fool's things on Facebook. I would never do a fake pregnancy announcement, but I was thinking a fake sex announcement might be funny? I already made the official social media announcement.

Like, we're team green, but could do a silly picture saying it's a boy? Or maybe, lol it's a kitten or something....

Idk, but wanted to run it past people to make sure I'm not missing something offensive or faux pas?

Eta: fix auto correct and add more info.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol, yes, I totally needed to include in my first post that I already Facebook announced pregnancy, like a month ago. Maybe more, I think it was 7 or 8 weeks along. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail I 110% agree with @SkilledSailor and @adirat on this one. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    crispy11crispy11 member
    edited March 2018
    @crispy11 @love4b It is nice to connect with STMs with "older" kids because I think most of the STMs on this board have toddlers. I am super excited to be there for my DD during that transition and take/pick her up from school while I'm on maternity leave! 
    Definitely! My most active BMB on here was April 2013 and back then I had a toddler. It’s so crazy to think that I have one of the big kids now! DD1 will be 7 this June!  :o I’m excited to be home for the start of school too.  My third was Sept 2016 and he was born on DD1’s second day of Kindergarten. We may be doing the same thing for DD2! 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    crispy11crispy11 member
    edited March 2018
    @EErin86 my work has been so busy too recently. (It always is but I’ll finish this phase in the summer!) I’m glad our K is based on where you live. My friends from april 2013 are in the process for applying for Kindergartens and it’s  so confusing. PS- I *loved* your story above with your coworker’s response. I need to start using that! 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail I don't think I would find it funny and I know my friends would not. But you know your audience. 

• Options
    @crispy11 DD #1 starts kindergarten this September. I’m so scared to be in labour around that time. I understand kindergarten isn’t a huge deal and time can be missed etc but she is a very shy gal so I don’t want her starting a couple days later than the other kids and them being comfortable while she’s still getting used to it. 
  • Options
    @born2run911 do you have family in town she could stay with that would make sure she was able to get there on her first day?  I could see missing the first day of school being hard for a little one
  • Options
    @nackie yes we have family around that could  take her, but I feel that it should be DH and I taking her for her first day. I would be very sad knowing I wasn’t there to drop her off on her first ever day of school. It’s just one day though so the odds of me being in labour that day at that time are pretty low so I guess no point in stressing until we’re closer to. 
  • Options
    @born2run911 hopefully you won’t miss her first day! I wish you my luck from last time. I woke up around 6am knowing it was the real deal. Dropped the girls off on their *second* day, went to the hospital, and then he was another easy vbac at 2pm. It was great! (Waaaaay better luck than my first two births, including the one that spanned two midnights and ended with a stat c-section for placental abruption!) 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor my in laws freak out every time I call little love a "he".. dh and I are seriously convinced it's a boy but my MIL & SIL are convinced it's a girl. They have no logical explanation except that my MIL usually guesses correct. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @born2run911 it would be a bummer for someone else to have to take her the first day (or few days) but I think you should have that plan in place. With my daughter I ended up in the hospital for an entire week: Sunday to Sunday. (It was a planned induction started that first Sunday, and by Wednesday afternoon labor still wasn’t progressing so I had a c-section, and they keep you 4 nights after a c-section). 
  • Options
    kbfash said:
    Finally booked our “baby moon” to Folly Beach outside of Charleston and our best friends who are 2 weeks behind us in due date are coming along in June!
    How fun! I road tripped through SC a few years ago and remember the most beautiful sunset on Folly Beach! I also remember thinking that someday when I have kids it would be a great place to go for a few weeks during the summer!
  • Options
    @crispy11 thanks! The thought of an “easy” labour sounds wonderful. Here’s to hoping for easy labour’s with impeccable timing. 
    @MandyMost we will have a plan in place when the time comes if necessary. We have lots of family around so it wouldn’t be an issue other than the fact of me wanting to be there. I’m sorry you had such a tough labour! That’s a long time to be in the hospital holy!
  • Options
    kbfashkbfash member
    edited March 2018
    @yosemite2018 Hoping maybe 2019 or 2020 take both kids back there!