August 2018 Moms

*READ FIRST* Board Organization Guidelines!

2»

Re: *READ FIRST* Board Organization Guidelines!

• @anon3 yikes! That’s terrible  :( on my last BMB I quit being as active after I found out another person was using my profile pic of my husband and me as her own. It creeped me out! People are so crazy.....I sent her a pm asking to please change it to her own and she never replied and then wasn’t active anymore. Creeper!! 
    Omg! Why are people so screwed up?!
  • @anon3 yikes! That’s terrible  :( on my last BMB I quit being as active after I found out another person was using my profile pic of my husband and me as her own. It creeped me out! People are so crazy.....I sent her a pm asking to please change it to her own and she never replied and then wasn’t active anymore. Creeper!! 
    There was a glitch for a while where profile pics would become all mixed up...is it possible that happened?

@anon3, someone must know though, who the source of the information is. Unless it went through a chain of like 10 people, couldn't you just ask the people who mentioned it to you from whom they heard it? 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @rosalie0208 like was it her profile pic for multiple days? TB had this weird glitch on my first BMB where people's images were swapped randomly. A single user was typically only affected for a few hours at a time though--definitely caused some confusion until we figured it out! If she manually changed it that's creepy AF.
  • @ecwk The person that got the info back around to us would not disclose their source from here. Apparently they deserve discretion but I don't.
  • @mrslittlemac @ecwk She posted over the course of several days with it like that so I’m assuming not a glitch?? And you’d think if that’s what it was she would have replied to say so...but who knows, maybe it was a glitch which would make me feel 1,000 times better! 
  • anon3 said:
    @ecwk The person that got the info back around to us would not disclose their source from here. Apparently they deserve discretion but I don't.
    That's just really fucking weird. So someone congratulates you on being pregnant and you ask them how they find out and they won't tell you who told them? Like if they knew it was something to be kept under wraps why would they mention it at all. I'm so confused. That's a really shitty situation. 

@rosalie0208 I've definitely seen it happen over the course of days so it could be that but maybe she wasn't just a weirdo? Is her profile still on TB? It probably is, you could go look! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk she doesn’t have any picture now and her profile says she hasn’t been active in over a year and a half....so who knows!! But I’m  super glad you told me about the glitch...regardless of whether that’s what it was or not, I’m going to believe it was because it restores my faith in humanity a bit! Lol 
  • ecwk said:
    anon3 said:
    @ecwk The person that got the info back around to us would not disclose their source from here. Apparently they deserve discretion but I don't.
    That's just really fucking weird. So someone congratulates you on being pregnant and you ask them how they find out and they won't tell you who told them? Like if they knew it was something to be kept under wraps why would they mention it at all. I'm so confused. That's a really shitty situation. 

I agree and would be highly irritated with this person. What kind of person is like "hey someone is sharing screenshots of your personal business that you posted anonymously... but I won't betray that person's privacy by telling you who they are"? Are these people in junior high?

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @ecwk Exactly! It made me super uncomfortable. It's a strange story that makes me feel like everyone involved is shady AF.
  • @calimom2524 OMG mind blown, I am like 98% you are right.

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @calimom and @legallykate That thought has crossed my mind.  But that would also mean this person is prentending to be pregnant then...
  • @anon3 Not necessarily right?  Just cause they read in here doesn't mean they are participating in here.  Unfortunately this is a public forum and all kinds of creeps are reading this stuff. 
  • @livinthesunnylife I guess you're right. And that would make the situation feel so much worse!
  • Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Could we have a MoM weekly thread?  I'd volunteer, but I suck at remember things in a timely fashion.  Hopefully another MoM will pop up soon.
  • MoM checkin thread is scheduled for Tuesdays! Feel free to start it; weekly threads can be started by anyone.
  • Yep, a MoM would need to own that one. 
  • How do I change my profile picture? I didn't see it in the how-to section and I tried the account setting and preferences section and can't seem to figure it out. It's probably super simple so excuse the pregnancy brain that I now have permanently  :s
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• @rocknrollmom It's easiest to change your photo from the app. On your home screen, tap your current profile photo on the top right and then tap again on the my account screen.  It will give you options to change it from there.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @rocknrollmom If you are on a computer, click on the My Account on the top right of the screen. From there you should be able to click on your profile pic. It will ask to update/upload a new one. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• Is there a mental health thread for moms with anxiety and depression? I know there are several of us in this group. I personally would love to have a weekly post for it.
  • edited February 2018
    Is there a mental health thread for moms with anxiety and depression? I know there are several of us in this group. I personally would love to have a weekly post for it.
    There have been several, usually once per week or every other week. Feel free to start one on a weekly basis, there are other moms here who will participate.
    ETA @scottishlass1213 just started one
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Is there a mental health thread for moms with anxiety and depression? I know there are several of us in this group. I personally would love to have a weekly post for it.
    You can create it if it hasn’t been done 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited February 2018
    ***lurking***

ETA: I completely forgot that you only had one month to edit these posts! Sorry for the annoyance :) Either way, these links are there for you all to use!

It has been expressed in the past that TTGP would like if the gif directions were in a different place so that new moms were not navigated to their space. I also noticed that the siggy instructions are in TTCAL and locked.

Considering these 2 issues (along with the directions being outdated), I recreated these threads on the New to The Bump board for everyone to use and practice on without fear of triggering. Could you replace your link list above with this list?

Thanks so much and good luck to all the August mamas/babies!

Some links that you may find helpful:

Me: 25 | DH: 32
    TTC #1: November 2016
    IF Dx NIR PCOS: March 2017
    BFP: June 2017 | DS: February 2018
  • Thanks Bethenny!  I really tried hard to find a gif of her saying something nice and I couldn't.  Here's the best I found. 

• Not sure where to ask this so I'll start here. Do we have any other blended families here? I have checked out the BF board and it is super quiet. It would be nice to talk to other ladies out there in a similar situation. If so maybe we can do a check in every once in a while?

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @riverbed Me! I have a 12 year old step son and a 1.5 year old son. I'd love to have a blended families check in! I think @derbysquirrel also has a blended family. How many kids do you guys have?
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 He has 3 (girl 16 & 2 boys 13 & 11) I have one boy (6).
    Its a full house around here. Have SD all the time except every other weekend and have his sons and my son every other week.
    This baby will be our first and only "ours" baby.

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker