June 2018 Moms

Next Question, Please (3/4)

I had a RDJ gif because RDJ is a hottie, but it didn't want to work. :disappointed:

What's your question this week?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Next Question, Please (3/4)

• I'm not sure if this is the right board so I can move it if necessary, but how early did STM's start producing milk? I'm 24 weeks and realized yesterday that I could get a clear liquid out of my nips. It's a very small amount but I don't remember it happening this early with DD1
  • hjungk84 said:
    I'm not sure if this is the right board so I can move it if necessary, but how early did STM's start producing milk? I'm 24 weeks and realized yesterday that I could get a clear liquid out of my nips. It's a very small amount but I don't remember it happening this early with DD1
    I thought I read somewhere that your boobs are pretty much ready by 27 weeks to produce beyond that. (Thank god, because this shooting boob tenderness is crap.)

But I don’t think I actually started being able to squeeze colostrum out until late 3rd tri. Maybe ping an LC.
  • Loading the player...
  • @hjungk84 I'm FTM, and had a very small amount come from just one nipple at 24 weeks too! My OB said it was normal but didn't tell me what it was. I'd be curious too if it milk being produced, or at the very least maybe lubrication in preparation for nursing?
  • @hjungk84 I’m not leaking but definitely am producing colostrum at this point (27 weeks). 
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @hjungk84 with DD I was having some problems with one of my nipples (it's actually a problem I had prior to my pregnancy with DD and related to the fun pregnancy hormones) but I remember having my OB look at it during a 1st trimester appointment and she commented about how I was already producing.  I didn't have any leakage, but when my milk came in a few days after DD was born I had more than enough to feed her.  

With this pregnancy I was BFing DD until a week ago- wasn't producing much so weaning was super easy on my body.  I have noticed some discharge this weekend, but looks like colostrum not milk.  My goal was to wean her by the 3rd trimester so that all of the colostrum would go to baby boy- and so I wouldn't have to worry about tantem feeding.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• hjungk84hjungk84 member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks ladies! I'm pretty sure it's colostrum I'm just so shocked it's this early! 

**edit, cause of fat fingers!**
  • So invites finally went out for our baby shower in 3 weeks, meaning I guess I should start figuring out what I want to wear. I’m sorta leaning toward body con but meh. Looking for inspo. 

What are you guys planning? Any stores you like more than others for the style you were/are looking for? Pics? 
  • izza2izza2 member
    @doxiemoxie212 - My shower won't be until mid-May, and I'll be 35/36 weeks, so I'm planning on wearing a sundress if at all possible. I haven't shopped around yet, but plan to start early to get an idea of what's available. :grimace:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @doxiemoxie212 I found a green dress that I liked on Pink Blush. They have a lot of cute options. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • A little late on this @hjungk84 but I had something similar happen this weekend. I'm a FTM so kind of didn't know what was going on, but I was watching videos on breastfeeding Saturday night for 30 min or so and then was inspecting my own nipples to see if they were "flat" on not and onto my finger goes some clear liquid. Definitely caught me off guard, but glad to know I'm not alone. 
  • stephcat421stephcat421 member
    edited March 2018
    @doxiemoxie212  I second @LaceyBee522 about pink blush. I found mine on there too and they have 15% off right now.
  • @doxiemoxie212 yes pink blush has a ton of cute ones! I've been looking on there too. My only dilemma is if I want something long or short - my fear with a shorter (above the knee) dress is that I'll be sitting in a chair to open presents in front of people and not be able to cross my legs and I'm just imagining giving everyone a great view of my underwear lol. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @doxiemoxie212 +1 Pink Blush Maternity is my go to for things like that.  I used them for a wedding when i was 33 weeks with DD, and the dresses are just plain adorable.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My shower is on Saturday and I also still need something to wear. My friend who sells LLR got me a dress that she said would be cute for a shower, but it's so oversized I just feel huge in it. 
    @LaceyBee522 and anyone else who's bought from pink blush, are they true to size? The dresses look adorable but I'm nervous about buying online. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• I haven't found a specific dress yet but I am thinking a floral more form fitting dress. I feel like a lot of flow-y dresses just make me feel like I'm wearing a moo moo. I say show off that bump, especially for a shower! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Ditto to something a bit more form fitting to show off the bump!! 

I produced some colostrum towards the end of second tri last time but I haven’t checked to see if it’s started yet lol. 
  • Rent the Runway has cute maternity dresses. Good if you don’t feel like you will ever wear it again.

Pink Blush often gets sold on Zulily, if you are looking for deals on their stuff. I have a few items from DD’s pregnancy and they were TTS.

I think I wore something from Target to mine. 
  • LaceyBee522LaceyBee522 member
    edited March 2018
    @Amphibious22 I found the more form fitting stuff to be true to size. The dress I ended up keeping is fitted up top, then flares out and it was a bit snug in my bust. I decided to size up and it works. Since you are working on a tight timeline, I'd suggest ordering a couple of sizes, then returning what doesn't work. The return policy is a bit annoying, in that the charge you $5 for it, but I just paid it and said whatevs. 

Edits because I'm on wonky mifi and nothing is saving correctly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Amphibious22 i definitely found the dresses were TTS I'm usually a 6, and a small is perfect. 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Amphibious22 I bought a lot from pink blush for reg mat clothes and it all fit true to size. 

@krashke (et al) I’m debating the form fitting floral dresses or lace dresses at pink blush vs the midi+cropped tee look from sexy mama maternity: 

I’m soooorta leaning sexy mama because our shower is co-ed and casual? And I think the tee tied that way might better differentiate my boobs from my bump? I don’t know. Derp derp. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Uh, i love the first one! 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 I like the sexy mama tied tee and it would be great for a more casual shower! I feel like my boobs are out of control so I don't think I would be able to pull that off because the boobs are bumping more than the bump so I think it would just make it look like I'm showing off the boobs and not showing off the bump. 
    *TW LC*

• @krashke ah I have progressed beyond that. Now my giant, veiny boobs are propped up by the belly which is currently battling my rib cage. So fun. So sexy. Lol 
  • Ooh I love the top look for a night out!!! It’s your shower so go with whatever you will be most comfy in! 
  • @doxiemoxie212 maybe I will be at that point by the end of the month for my shower! 
    *TW LC*

• Random question but is anyone eating extra sweets in anticipation of their 28 week GD test? I had it with DD...so I’m not very optimistic this time although I worked really hard to get my A1C down a lot before this pregnancy. But I see all the Easter candy and I can’t stop eating for fear of no sugar for 3 months lol! 
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @doxiemoxie212 I love the 1st and last options- if you can afford them I say go for both- and make sure you and YH have a date night before the baby is born to wear the other dress.  

I'm looking forward to seeing all the shower pictures.. it's oddly more exciting to think about baby showers knowing that I don't have to stress about it this time.  

AFM I started putting together a to do list for baby boy while I was in line (not on line) at Dunkin Donuts this morning.  I am starting to panic a little about how much is still left to do- nothing about the nursery is ready.  I'm hoping to get the room cleared this weekend and talk to my neighbor about painting the room when the weather is nice enough to open windows.  Oh and we still have not picked a name- we think we have a default name but we don't love it (or any name). I can't believe I start the 3rd trimester this week and I have nothing ready.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @katie121209 My test is on Wednesday and I'm planning on avoiding additional candy, cookies, etc. this week.  I'm not planning on cutting out fruit, sweetened PB, or anything today or tomorrow.  I will have eggs before my test on Wednesday AM.  I don't think we can "trick" the test or anything, but it may help with false positives. 

@doxiemoxie212 FWIW, I LOVE that last dress.  

@jsl82 We don't have anything ready either and I'm one of the early ones (June 1).  Our room is currently the dumping ground.  My goal is to have the the room cleaned out of extra stuff (like the guest bedroom) in the upcoming week or two.  But I'm not too stressed (yet).  On the name front, we don't have a boy's name that I love. My husband has his choices, but I'm not sold on them.  We didn't have a name for DS and we ended up going with the name I came up with the day before labor started (I joke now that he was waiting for a name).  We have time, don't worry!

• @katie121209 Yes, I am absolutely craving sweets in anticipation of not being able to have them. I had GD with DD and DS1, so I am really fighting the sweet tooth. I've been trying to substitute with fruit and sometimes it helps, but sometimes there is just no substitute for a milkshake!

@jsl82 We didn't name DS1 until I was 35 weeks pregnant, and I had gotten an elective 16-week gender u/s because I knew we would have trouble naming a boy and would need the extra time. DS2? Ha! We have made two half-assed attempts to kind of discuss names, both of which were completely fruitless. 
  • Do we need a GD check in yet? I’m happy to start one, but I have no frame of reference since I already have Diabetes. (I just keep seeing posts about the test happening for lots of y’all.)
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @marcus7676 YES!  LO's room is full of bins of DD's outgrown clothes, extra bathroom stuff, my old office stuff, the baby swing (in pieces), and just a box of random stuff.... it's overwhelming that I need to clear it out- but hopefully we don't lose power the with 2 storms expected to hit us this week and I can focus on cleaning out the room during DD's naps. We also still have the wall decals from the previous owners (it was a nursery for their DD but we put our DD in the bigger room).  I am not a fan of the wall color or the decals..and we are planning on a star wars theme.... so I want the ceiling painted and stars & x-wing/ falcon/

@kfren we didn't name DD until I saw her in the hospital- BUT we had a name that was clearly the front running- and a couple back up names in case she didn't look like a Reagan (she looked like a baby btw- but doesn't look like any of the other names we picked out now so I guess we picked right).  I just want a front runner- and not just a default name which is what we have right now (the first name we discussed that we had on the list from when I was pregnant with DD).  

@starla487 my EDD is 6/5- so I'm in the early group and my GD test is next week.  I would assume a lot of the tests are starting this week/ next week and will continue to build throughout the month.  If you wanted to start a monthly a post- I'm sure no one would object. Even the people without GD can use some healthy meal ideas.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 @marcus7676 count me in girls. you should see the construction zone that is to become baby's room.. literally construction zone. I do have all DS' clothes pulled out, ready to be washed and sorted.. not sure where to put said clean clothes with no room though lol. And we have our trade in coupons from BRU, so we should have a carseat soon. and this baby will be here in may!
    oh and as for names, we have a top 3. but haven't talked about those in weeks. and last we did, neither of us were IN loovve with any of them.

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @kfren and @marcus7676 fruit always spiked my numbers lol, while milkshakes and cupcakes I handled just fine. I’m giving in to the cravings for now but I’ll probably avoid sugar the day before. 

A GD checkin within this next week probably makes sense since people are probably getting tested soon. 
  • S+TMs, was there a point in your pregnancy where you completely stopped being able to bend down? 

Backstory: My mom is coming to stay with us for 2.5 weeks starting Friday. Our dachshund lives with her on extended summer vacation (lol they're BFF, we can't split them up, and we visit for long periods so often... and hopefully we'll move to CA at the end of the year, etc. etc. etc.), so she will bring her with on the plane. My mom is 69, so it's a little challenging for her to bring our dog with her, and she's coming back a month and a half after she leaves to stay with us for when the baby is born (omg that feels suddenly so soon). So we're thinking maybe pupper just stays with us in between since that's definitely what we'd do if I were not pregnant. BUT I'm nervous about stopping being able to bend down to pick up her poop on walks (since we live in NYC, no yard, etc.) in the last month of pregnancy. Thoughts? Am I being crazy and this is NBD at all? (I can certainly still bend down now at 27+2. I'd be solo dog walking 31-37 weeks.) 
  • @doxiemoxie212 since I can't bend down now comfortably, you're asking the wrong person :-) I do know that tying my shoes, shaving, etc. became almost impossible by the end of my pregnancy last time around. I honestly think it's how you are carrying that will impact it the most.  

• @doxiemoxie212 - it should be fine. I was never able to not get down to pick things up. It just went from a bend to a squat to achieve the goal. Haha! 

Also - FWIW I love that third (floral) dress you posted 
  • @katie121209 Yeah, I try to watch which fruits I do eat and limit my carbs to an extent after I have fruit. I plan on eating about 3 hours before my test. Last time, I had leftover pasta and passed, but this time, I will probably do higher protein. 

@doxiemoxie212 I think I stopped being able to bend down about the time my extremities resembled the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (35-ish weeks, or so.) Between the water retention (yay, cankles!) and hip pains, I just kind of gave up on picking anything up without my handy grabber. Have you considered a pooper-scooper, or something along those lines? Might be a PITA, but it would keep you from having to bend over. 

• doxiemoxie212 - I don't remember when I couldn't bend down anymore but you can def squat down to pick stuff like dog poo up until the bitter end (at least I could).  I was still running agility courses with both of my dogs (and picking up their poo at classes/competitions) until 37 weeks and at tat point there was just a break between classes.  I'm sure it will be fine.
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @doxiemoxie212 I am with @marcus7676 with not being able to bend down comfortably now- BUT I do not remember having that point with DD.  I'm carrying much lower now and having a toddler is wearing down my body in a way I wasn't experiencing last time.  My only concern would be not being able to bend gracefully in the streets of NYC (how I bend down to pick something up in my kitchen alone is WAY different than how I bend in front of people).  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 right? And then accidentally falling in the poop  :D