Baby Names

Harvey

Can Harvey overcome the hurricane and Weinstein? I love it and know when he’s in school the Harvey Weinstein thing will be in the past but do either if these come immediately to mind?

Re: Harvey

• No, those do not immediately come to mind. My first thought is Harvey Spector who is a character on the show Suits. My husband also knows a Harvey, so he comes to my mind too.

I wouldn’t hesitate using this name. 
  • I really like Harvey! I may be a bit biased because it was my grandmother's maiden name, though. Neither Weinstein or the hurricane come to mind, and like you said, once he's in school, both of those things will be far enough in the past that he won't get teased for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it’s a cute old man name that is coming back for babies.  I’m not too bothered by the associations 
  • Wasn't Harvey the love interest on Sabrina the Teenage Witch? That's where my mind went. 

I think you're fine to use it.
  • I thought of Suits first too!! Love that show. Pretty sure the hurricane and sex scandal will not be pop culture by then
  • I think Harvey is a good name which will we nicely with your little guy. Wouldn’t worry at all about Weinstein or a hurricane.  It’s hard to see anyone making those associations.  
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • holli0801 said:
    I definitely think of Weinstein. 
    Agreed.
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • I think of Weinstein for sure. Not so much the hurricane. But it was also a very heavily used named in the Amish community which was near where I grew up so that is always my first thought. 

• I sort of think of a dog...idk why 
  • slr1229 said:
    I sort of think of a dog...idk why 
    My sister said it’s soubds like a cartoon cat
  • Harvey is my Texan Uncle's first name, so that's automatically what I think of. Other associations with Harvey: the old Jimmy Stewart movie about a giant imaginary rabbit of the same name. 
  • Harvey is my Texan Uncle's first name, so that's automatically what I think of. Other associations with Harvey: the old Jimmy Stewart movie about a giant imaginary rabbit of the same name. 
    I was thinking about that movie too. 
  • just think it is an ugly name...hard and nasally
  • I LOVE Harvey! It's my dog's name haha BUT I kind of wish I had saved it for a baby instead! I think it can totally overcome the hurricane! DO IT!

Red (30) & DH (30) m. 08'

IVF #2  Roman Carter  8/3/16 (40+6)

5 frozen embryos 

• I 100% think of Weinstein.  If one of my friends announced that they were naming their baby Harvey right now I would definitely raise an eyebrow.
  • I think Harvey Specter aka Gabriel Macht from the TV show Suits. That is one good looking man. 

Red (30) & DH (30) m. 08'

IVF #2  Roman Carter  8/3/16 (40+6)

5 frozen embryos 

• antoto said:
    I 100% think of Weinstein.  If one of my friends announced that they were naming their baby Harvey right now I would definitely raise an eyebrow.
    We already decided against it, but you can find a creep for every name. 
  • antoto said:
    I 100% think of Weinstein.  If one of my friends announced that they were naming their baby Harvey right now I would definitely raise an eyebrow.
    We already decided against it, but you can find a creep for every name. 
    I agree. From the responses on this post, some people think of Weinstein the creep, and others think of the sexy lawyer on Suits. But if you were to name your child Harvey, the people who know you/him would think of the cute little boy attached to the name. 
  • I didn't even think of those references.  I thought of Sabrina the teenage witch but that's not a bad association at all haha
  • saham07saham07 member
    edited February 2018
    Harvey is a great name. I know a 5yo and a 1yo with this name.......never once have I thought of anything negative when addressing these children. 5yo Harvey has a sister named Leona and a brother named Clyde
  • I had this name on my list because it is a family name. For some reason though when I see it the first person that comes to mind is Lee Harvey Oswald...
    DH and I ultimately decided that we live to close to Houston to use this name after the Hurricane. 
    But I say if you love it, go for it!

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker