January 2018 Moms
Options

MoMs (Mothers of Multiples) weekly check-in - 12/19

@britmanering73 - good luck tomorrow! FX for a smooth experience and looking forward to an update! :smile:
@KLake42 - how are things going? Hope you are enjoying finally having your babies to snuggle!

How far along are you? What size are the babies?

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? 

How are you feeling? 

What rants/raves/questions/advice? 

QOTW: (if you drink) What alcoholic drink are you most looking forward to enjoying again? If you don't drink, is there any specific food or drink that you're looking forward to again?

Re: MoMs (Mothers of Multiples) weekly check-in - 12/19

• Options
    How far along are you? What size are the babies? 34w5d...the twins are each about the size of a butternut squash

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Last week's appointment went well. Doc was happy with how Baby Girl has grown so she's not worried about that as much. Baby Boy flipped breech so we've tentatively scheduled a c-section for Saturday January 6th. I have an appointment on Friday too...if my blood pressure is still flirting on the high side, they'll probably bump up the c-section to Thursday 12/28 (trying to make it so that my OB is the one on call so i get to have her and not one of the other doctors in the practice (though i have met them all and they're all nice...)

How are you feeling? Tired, headachey, and useless. ready to not be pregnant, but happy that the twins seem to like being inside so they can grow/develop as much as they can before they come out!

What rants/raves/questions/advice? Heartburn is making a comeback in the middle of the night...grrr! :disappointed:

QOTW: (if you drink) What alcoholic drink are you most looking forward to enjoying again? If you don't drink, is there any specific food or drink that you're looking forward to again? I like ciders, mules, mojitos...usually the sweeter it is, the more i like it! We usually have wine and cider stocked at our house, and i'm looking forward to being able to grab one to have with dinner or when friends or family is over (but let's be serious.....we prob won't be entertaining for a long while still...!) :lol:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KLake42 I didn't want to comment in the birth thread..... I'm so happy your girls are here and health and beautiful. I'm very sorry for the loss of your uterus, but I'm happy that you are still with us and there for your girls.
  • Options
    @KLake42 I'm so so sorry for everything you went through, I cannot even begin to imagine. But those girls are beautiful and I love their names. I hope you heal quickly and enjoy all the baby snuggles.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @KLake42 I'm so sorry for everything you went through. Thoughts and prayers for healing for you. Your girls are absolutely beautiful!
  • Options
    @KLake42 - I'm also very sorry for the traumatic experience and losing your uterus. Your girls are absolutely beautiful and I'm very glad that they are healthy! I hope all the baby snuggles coming your way will help the healing process.
  • Options
    @KLake42 babies are absolutely beautiful and positive vibes for quick healing  <3
  • Options
    @klake42 I’m so happy your girls our healthy, but my heart hurts for you at the same time ! Hang in there and please be kind to yourself and let your body heal . Sending positive vibes your way , welcome to the twin world!!
  • Options
    @KLake42 I'm sending you creepy hugs, love, prayers, good juju, and crossing fingers and toes for you to have a healthy, speedy recovery!  It sounds like you have had a long, tiring, and stressful few days...but those girls are so stinking adorable!  It will take time to heal mentally and physically from this delivery, so take the time and snuggle those babies as much as possible.   :*<3<3<3
  • Options
    @caseyw8784 you are so close !! Hang in there , and flip baby boy flip! 
  • Options
    @KLake42 I am so, so very sorry for your experience after the birth and the loss of your uterus.  However, your girls are absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE their names! Prayers for a smooth recovery! <3 
  • Options

How far along are you? What size are the babies?hi
    28+5  today .. coconuts  or kombacha sqaushes.
    I had my OB appointment  today  and it went  well .  ultrasound  tech  said I have a cervix  of steel. .  Not sure how it went up to a 5??
    Got great  news.. my placenta  is now cleared from  being low lying !! So pelvic  rest is over.
    On the other  hand  baby  girl flipped breech . . not so thrilled  about  that..
    How are you feeling? 
    Awful hip pains when "trying" to sleep,  but as good  as I  can be I guess. 
    none.
    QOTW: (if you drink) What alcoholic drink are you most looking forward to enjoying again? If you don't drink, is there any specific food or drink that you're looking forward to again?

I  don't  drink, but looking  forward getting  back  to a low carb  diet.
  • Options
    @ecolton01 - so close! it is bad that i really want to have the c section next week (36.5 weeks) instead of the week after (37-ish weeks)? this week has been the most uncomfortable this far, and i can't imagine going on like this for 2.5 more weeks! yesterday i could've sworn i was in early labor, but then later in the evening it was (TMI, sorry...haha!) very obvious that it was just gas...lol :anguished:

...I cannot wait for my appointment on Friday to find out more... :smile:
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @caseyw8784 im looking forward to your update today! Hope to see it soon!!
  • Options
    @KLake42 Im so sorry for your traumatic birth experience.  I hope you will be good to yourself and enjoy those precious girls! I was thinking about you since the 11th and when I got on here and seen your post I just couldn't post at that moment. Enjoy those adorable little girls! Hugs!.........
  • Options
    @caseyw8784 so.. do you get to see babies next week or Jan 6th? 
  • Options
    Merry early Christmas everyone!!
  • Options
    @caseyw8784 oh @caseyw8784 where are you?? Lol! I hope you are doing well.. when will the babies be here? How was last Fridays appointment? Is your next appointment on Friday? Or will you be having an induction/C-section on Thursday?
  • Options

How far along are you? What size are the babies?
    30wks today! Babies are 2 summer cantaloupe,  or 2 bunches of bananas. 
    No appointments until next Tuesday and Thursday. 
    How are you feeling? 
    Pretty much the same..

wondering how @Mudge85 , @ecolton01 , @KLake42 , @britmanering73 and their babies are doing? Still in the NICU?

Also hope to hear from @caseyw8784 soon, as i thought i had at least another week before being all alone on here..lol I hope you are doing ok and will come update soon!
  • Options
    Hey @momma6angels11 sorry to leave you hanging !! I believe my babies are the only ones left in the nicu.. they are just not getting the hang of eating , hopefully the light will click and they will be home , you are getting closer every week! I hope your babies stay cooking as long as possible :) 

@caseyw8784 gave birth and it sounds like all 3 are doing good ;) 
  • Options
    @ecolton01 thank you so much for updating me. I hope your babies will soon get the hang of eating and they get to come home with you soon. Do you know if @caseyw8784 went into labor on her own or got a C-section on the 28th?
  • Options
    @caseyw8784 how much did the babies weigh and when did you have them? I hope all is good! AFM I had my 30wk MFM appointment yesterday and babies weigh 3lbs 6oz and 3lbs 10oz!! And in 2 weeks will be starting weekly BBPs and i have an ob appointment tomorrow..
  • Options
    That’s great @momma6angels11!! Fantastic weights . I had one NST and then my water broke that day at 32 plus 1... but my boys come home from the NICU today!!! Wahooo 43 days in jail but we are done . 

When is your next apt ? 
  • Options
    edited January 2018
     @ecolton01 that is GREAT!! Im so glad that you will finally have them home!! They are sooo adorable!! I was supposed to have ob appointment today but with the crazy weather they closed the office til one and my appointment was supposed to be at 10am so I am now waiting for them to call when they open to fit me in some time soon. My next MFM appointment will be the 16th ill be 32+4 that day.
  • Options
    How is everyone? @caseyw8784 how are you and babies? Im still hoping to see your birth story and stats as im not in the fb group.

AFM 
    Im 32 weeks today and so miserable but at the same time hoping to go to sometime in the 34th week. I dont know how id make it to 37wks.  I can barely walk, sitting and lying down even hurts. I go Tues for my first BPP and then Friday for my first nst.
  • Options
    Hang in there @momma6angels11 I know it’s freaking terrible!! You are so close and they will be so worth it but that doesn’t help now ... I know :) my boys are doing great! We go in next Friday to see the pediatrician to see if we can get them off oxygen, fingers crossed because it’s a royal pain!! I love wearing my babies and you really can’t with oxygen . Here is some updated photos of patrick and Maverick :) I hope your apts go great this week!! ck an
  • Options
    @ecolton01 Thank you! Where did you get your twin carrier? I can definitely tell they are growing! They are so cute! FX for no more oxygen on Friday!!
  • Options
    So far from yesterdays appointment both babies passed their BPP ultrasound!
  • Options
    33 wks today!! Both babies passed the NST today. Next appointment will be Tuesday for another BPP.
    @ecolton01 I hope everything went well today and babies get to drop the oxygen!
  • Options
    34wks today both passed thier NST today.  My blood pressure was high so they ran bloodwork which was negative for preeclampsia but my platlets are low so I am supposed to tell mfm on tues..hoping he will say to deliver sooner..
  • Options
    Keep us posted !! Are they giving you a drop dead date ?? Every day counts , hang in there . How are you feeling ?? I mean obviously not well because being pregnant with 2 just sucks ... but hopefully not too terrible
  • Options
    Well almost had babies on my birthday at 34+5 but they wanted to get me the 2 steriod shots so i was on mag drip from 4pm on jan 31st to Feb 2nd at 5:30am and then my contractions were just wack and not regular so they sent me home last night. I was so frustrated as i just wanted to have them and be done. On jan 30th my last growth Ultrasound they were 4lbs 15oz and 5lbs 7oz.  So now im hoping and praying to get contractions going or my waters to break so i can meet these babies and be comfortable again.. oh yeah my cut off day would be 37wks ( feb 16th) just hoping they come way before that with my giant swollen legs..
  • Options
    Ugh hang in there!! A mag drip for that long had to be miserable !!! I’m so sorry :( they tried with mine but it didn’t stop anything . I know you are so ready and I completely understand that but if you can hang in there a little longer hopefully you can avoid the Nicu and bring those sweet babes home with you ! ... although maybe since I am 2 days late maybe you have already had them .. either way I am sending you positive vibes, can’t wait to see them!
  • Options
    Congrats @momma6angels11 they are beautiful!!
  • Options
    Wahoo congrats!!!! Are they in the nicu? If so please lean on me if you need. I understand the struggle they look perfect And they’re so much bigger than my thoughth that’s awesome
  • Options
    @momma6angels11 Congrats, they are amazing! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    congrats @momma6angels11 !!!!!!!! SORRY IM SO DELAYED on this - I've been mostly focused on the FB group. I'll try to come back and check in every once in a while. Now that I'm back at work an in a routine I should be able to!
  • Options
    Just went through and caught up on the thread - Baby A - Boy, Walter spent 9 days in the NICU and Baby B - Girl, Sophie spent 21 days. We have been home since Mid December and I can't remember life before them. They hit four months on Sunday...  :)