June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions (Week of 2/12)

13»

Re: Weekly Questions (Week of 2/12)

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I knew someone who actually confessed in front of a group of people that she never washes her hands after she pees. When she's out in public, she runs the water but does not actually use soap. 
  • Options
    @kfren I worked on a germ project a few years ago with this germ expert (IDK what else to call him, he's a professor at a major university who's like the foremost expert on germ transmission in homes, retirement communities, etc.), and he just kept talking about how regular liquid soap is the perfect pH for bacteria to grow and thrive, so if you're in a public restroom, and it looks like they just refill the soap, instead of putting in a new pack of whatever, you shouldn't use it because you're basically slathering your hands with more bacteria. So that was a fun panic phase for me.  :#:#:#:D 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I am not love titting the fact that your husband won’t help you, but I am love titting your A+ description of his dainty handwashing.  :D What is he going to think about newborn poop diapers?! Or will that not set off the texture alarms?
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro oddly, he is not grossed out by poop. He's totally fine picking up our dog's poop, or when she was a puppy cleaning up anything that happened. It's so weird!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Well that’s good, at least!

I don’t know how much you’ve read a about meconium poops, which are the tarry ones from the first few days, but my H is still scarred from one of his early diaper-changing experiences. He was in the process of changing a wet diaper, and my son started pooping all over the table. My H described it as “black, tarry lava bubbling out of his body.” I crack up every time he talks about it (which is still pretty regularly, ha).
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro hahaha I used to do scientific communications for a major diaper brand so I spent a lot of time talking about different poop consistencies (it was very common to receive emails with the subject line: RUNNY BM). lol
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Yuck. I will now avoid those, as I do the air dryers in public restrooms. 
  • Options
    @kfren the older I get, the more germaphobic I've become. This season has been brutal with the flu and other things going around. Consequently, I've not taken myself or DS out much lately. When I was at the OB the other day, people were wearing masks. I availed myself of the hospital grade hand sanitizer they had out several times and when I gave them a urine sample, washed my hands up to my elbows like I was scrubbing in, lol. Yes, I know, I'm nuts. But my family has already had one strain of flu and some kind of plague like virus that took forever to go away in early January, so I've had my fill of illness this winter. 

DH's employee came to work with the shingles this past week which we all kind of flipped out about. DH said he lysol wiped, cleaned and sprayed all around dude's desk, door knobs, mopped, etc. He said he cleaned the bathroom too. We stripped the bed last night because he'd thrown his work pants on the bed yesterday when he got home. Are we overreacting? Probably, but who wants shingles? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 lolol. I feel like you have done work for lots of interesting people/companies! Poop knowledge, man. That’s news you can use.
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro PR agency life is a fun world because you get to interact with so many different kinds of crazy.
  • Options
    Late to the party but we also skipped wipe warmers and bottle warmers. DS actually hated warm BM or formula (to this day he prefers cold food). 
  • Options
    @Austenista You can never be too careful, especially when it comes to your family's health. When I was pregnant with DS1, there was a guy that came to work with hand-foot-and-mouth disease. He said his doctor told him he wasn't contagious anymore, but I went to great lengths to avoid anything he may have touched. Gah!
  • Options
    @kfren gah! no thank you for the HFM either. Nope nope nope. Yeah, DH's employees and coworkers were all pretty annoyed with him. He even changed into shorts the day he left to go to the doctor to come show everyone his rash. Eff you dude for coming in to wave around your exposed shingles rash one good time for everyone. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista , actually you cannot give someone Shingles.  Shingles is a form of Chicken Pox.  After you've had Chicken Pox it never really goes away, it just goes dormant in your body.  During periods of stress the virus will "break out" and follow a path from your spinal cord along nerves on one side of your body.

While you can't give someone shingles, exposure can give someone chicken pox.  Once you've had one shingles outbreak you're more likely to have additional outbreaks throughout your life.

I had shingles when I was 26 and going through a lot of stress (mainly work related).  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018