July 2018 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 2/20

2»

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 2/20

• @hayhay93 what the?? She needs to bud out. I personally never thought it was a siblings job to take care of another like that. Kids get sick it’s normal especially with all the germs at schools. Sorry you got those stupid comments.
  • @hayhay93 whaaaaa? It’s in no way your responsibility to take care of your sister like that, she’s way out of line. Kids are germ factories! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hayhay93 that just sounds so inappropriate for her to even try and make a statement like that to you. Not mention so odd! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• She is kind of known for saying whatever she thinks. Thank you ladies, I seriously was starting to wonder if it is my responsibility! I already help with my sister a lot, I think taking over her medical care is where I draw the line lol. 
  • @gingerbride26 is it at least a good destination? If so I'd just go to the wedding, skip the other crap and use the rest of the time as a family vacation  :p
    Captiva, FL - which is beautiful don't get me wrong - but it's freaking April school vacation in FL - flights and hotels are nonexistent even 9 months in advance.  The bride's expectation was for everyone to pitch in to bunk up in 2 Air BNB houses on top of each other - so me, DH, and DD in a single bedroom in a house with a bunch of childless near-strangers who like to party (no judgement, I was young once too but not a good mix with toddler and cranky pregnant lady).  No other accommodations were researched/discussed/blocked by the couple.  We said everyone would thank us if we stayed separately - next closest hotel with vacancy was 45 min away with traffic and DH has been calling Hilton every couple days for months to see if there's a cancellation in one of the 2 hotels on-island.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • omg @hayhay93 .... missed that while working and typing - that is f'n ridiculous.  you don't need that on you, and i may be an only child but I don't think it works like that... why would anyone say that to a pregnant woman!?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • zande2016zande2016 member
    edited February 2018
    Okay I just encountered a serious work related twat. It's the opposing counsel on one of my cases. We are settling this case but it's an older case and we only have a little more time to get the agreement finalized before we would run into statute of limitations issues if not fully resolved yet. So I drafted the agreement and he made suggested changes in October. I immediately responded with questions about his changes. He never got back to me. I called and emailed him regularly every couple weeks since early November and nothing. I also copied his supervisor on emails once I realized he was ignoring me. Finally today, after over 4 months of silence and ignoring me, he responds and says that the changes he made are necessary and he suggests I have my client sign with his changes, otherwise I would be delaying the case. Are you kidding me??? This douche delayed the case for months and now he's trying to say I'm delaying it??? There are just no words. I wish I could have his job where he gets to ignore his cases for months on end and barely do his job...and I'm sure he still gets paid more than me. 

Edited To make more vague 
  • @gingerbride26 that is just so much nope! hope you can find a vacancy! 

@zande2016 that is beyond frustrating!!! 

• @zande2016 wow, that's so annoying! My boss does that sometimes with invoices. She takes like over a week to look over what I've done then comes up with the most useless questions and at that point I've already moved to something else I'm working on. Like, take a couple of days and then SPEAK UP!

@gingerbride26 sorry you're going through wedding planning from hell. I had a similar experience although maybe not as intense and it's so annoying. I was ECSTATIC once it was over. 
  • Thanks @samjjorgensen I do completely agree she can do whatever she wants - unfortunately DH and DD are both IN the wedding and it's DH's best friend of 15+ years and DD's godfather - so skipping actual destination ceremony isn't an option without completely destroying that relationship. They asked for buy-in from the bridal party before they booked the destination part 18+ months in advance - at that time it was just the FL weekend and we said yea sure DH will go no matter what, depending on how pregnant I was by April I'd stay home with DD - and booked flights and hotel MONTHS ago.  It wasn't until recently all these surprise over the top add-on's started popping up.  I told the bride I would be at the shower as long as DD had patience, I am NOT attending the bachelorette, (i'm secretly hoping the bachelor trip to Cali being discussed doesn't happen), and I told DH i'm not doing this brewery thing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 unless Cali is booked already it might not happen, it's been pretty busy around here lately so it might be hard to find stuff available, although it is a big state so depends on what they are looking for. My DH actually had his bachelor party here in Newport Beach but rented beach front property 4 months in advance.
  • @gingerbride26 I will never understand the crazy destination travelling leading up to a wedding... bachelor party AND reception? They are happy to be getting married, I get it. But that just seems to be a bit much. To each their own though!
  • @gingerbride26 seriously, wow. Sorry for the situation. Just do the wedding and the things you have to do, otherwise, that's great they want to run around and have all these adventures and mini celebrations, but they have to understand other people may not be up to (or be able to afford) to do all these extra things. I can't imagine having to deal with this + being pregnant + toddler! You're a better woman than I am!
  • Husband and FIL are installing our whole home humidifier which will be awesome. did not realize it would be pounding all throughout the vent system including dd's room where I had just put her to bed... sigh CTM and a hot bath will have to wait haha 

• Allergies - which led to this head cold. That's my TW for today. I really hope I feel better in the morning because it's our anatomy scan. I don't want to feel like shit. 
  • @4deep I hope you feel better too! Our anatomy scan is tomorrow as well!! 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @lindsayleigh1989 echo-y noises are the worst! Hopefully DD stays asleep! 

@gingerbride26 that sounds really really horrible. Hopefully it ends up being a great time and your toddler has been sprinkled by magic dust from the behavior gods lol. 
  • @gingerbride26 I am so sorry, that bride sounds difficult. I have had a couple of experiences with very demanding brides and it can be really trying, especially because you want to be there for them but it's also sometimes just too much. I hope you can find a way to do what is best for you guys and still enjoy it!
  • Closing this day saying the twat was definitely acid reflux/heartburn. I pray it's a one off and not here to stay but not getting my hopes up.
  • Thanks, ladies! At least I know i'm not just being cranky/crazy about this just being too much.
    @noideawhatshesdoing - no way - maybe just crazier ;-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @4deep I hope you feel better too! Our anatomy scan is tomorrow as well!! 
    Thank you @rachelsogo. Good luck to you today!
  • Trying to catch up after a busy few days!

@gingerbride26 YIKES.  But at least it sounds like you have a solid plan of things you are not planning on attending and your DH supports that.  I can't imagine she could have a problem with that.  You guys are being really flexible with the rest of it considering you have a toddler and are pregnant!

@4deep and feel better!!  Good luck to you and @rachelsogo on your anatomy scans today!!

@hayhay93 that is super annoying!  Not sure why she would deflect that on you, but that is super weird on her part....

@kissableviv hope your reflux is gone today.  That is never fun!

@zande2016 sending the biggest eye roll ever your way.  What a douche. 

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18