July 2018 Moms
Options

Kegel exercise reminder

I always forget to do them until I read an article on here that reminds me, so I thought we could help each other out! Do them at work, do them at home, do them in the car and nobody will even know! 

Re: Kegel exercise reminder

• Options
    Thanks girl!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Haha but this works, I started them as I was reading!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am terrible at doing these haha but need to figure out how to do them ugh i feel so stupid bahaha
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Yeaaaah I don’t know what these are?

• Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited February 2018
    @ashbub714 its like, squeezing and holding the muscles that help you hold your pee. It's supposed to strengthen the pelvic floor, I think. Also there are other exercises incorporating the pelvic floor and the band around your ab muscles that you can do, but I have only ever done them post partum I dunno if there is a benefit to doing them during pregnancy.

ETA: So post partum I used fit2b for my diastasis (i had it from my first pregnancy so after #2 I was really working on closing that). I just checked and the ab workouts that incorporate the band around your tummy and your pelvic floor are included in the prenatal workouts they have. "Totally transverse" and "mula banda" are the workout names she has, and I bet they are pretty basic to yoga work and other diastasis work but I dunno. If you don't wanna pay for her site then you can probably find something similar elsewhere. HOwever- i got rid of my diastasis using this site, so I recommend it!
  • Options
    I really need to start working on these. I sometimes pee a little when I sneeze too hard! Ugh 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @rachelsogo me too and I'm terrified it rarely happens but it does...on with the kegels! Make sure you work on relaxing your pelvic floor completely as well!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 @ashbub714 yes to everything @SmashJam said (:  you basically squeeze those pelvic muscles, some websites say to do quick repetitions while others say to hold it as long as possible and then relax completely and do that over and over. It helps strengthen those muscles for giving birth and recovery from birth. And like others said, you may be able to hold your pee better hahaha 
  • Options
    Thank you for the reminder! I always forget until it's mentioned.
  • Options
    Thank you @SmashJam and @emsnedds ! I think I need to do an intensive google search. I just tried what I thought may be right and it made me have to go pee lol :D
  • Options
    @ashbub714 have you ever tried peeing and stopping mid stream? Like you flex you muscles? That’s pretty much what it is.
  • Options
    wildtot said:
    @ashbub714 have you ever tried peeing and stopping mid stream? Like you flex you muscles? That’s pretty much what it is.
    @wildtot lol I’m not sure I’ve ever tried that but I’m super curious now! I’m so trying that next time I go pee! Thanks lady!
  • Options
    I feel like I need to set up a reminder on my phone or something for this. I always forget!
  • Options
    @coco305 I’ll keep bumping it up for you lol
  • Options
    @wildtot just did 5 more lol
  • Options
    Reminder!
  • Options
    Another reminder!
  • Options
    Bumping this up because I do them every time I see this thread!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    One more!
  • Options
    haha everytime I see a bump its an "oh crap I need to do that reminder" :D

• Options
    Found a pretty good article with some different exercises for kegels...

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/advice/g2285/kegel-exercises/

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Are kegels important for women who are getting scheduled c-sections? I know it's important to always be doing them but do I need to be diligent about them now knowing I'll be getting a c-section? 
  • Options
    @Kenya715 I’m not religious about them and i didn’t worry much either due to my c section. I noticed nothing different after birth but i also didn’t fully dilate so idk if that makes a difference. 
  • Options
    bump do a kegel! 

• Options
  • Options
    Early morning kegel...if you can’t fall back to sleep like me 
  • Options
    time to do some more!
  • Options
    I so need this reminder! I pee every time I sneeze! I’ve been wearing pee pads everyday lol I didn’t have this problem with DS during or after pregnancy, but I do now! 
  • Options
    bump!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    drop and give me a kegel! 

• Options
    Squeeze!!!!! 
  • Options
    bump
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @sm05-2 yeah i only push out when I’m peeing otherwise I’d probably leak with a constant need to pee 
  • Options
    It’s that time again!