Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL week of 2/19/18

zamoraspinzamoraspin member
edited February 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: A post-Valentine's Day question - what is your love language? The five love languages are: (1) Words of Affirmation (2) Acts of Service (3) Receiving Gifts (4) Quality Time (5) Physical Touch. (If you've never heard of the 5 love languages and are curious you can take the quiz here -- https://www.beliefnet.com/love-family/relationships/quiz/the-5-love-languages-quiz.aspx?p=1)
eta I replaced the link because the first one wanted your email and wasn't working right. 

Re: TTCAL week of 2/19/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat I really hope your FIL’s tests come back negative. Also, I get the “meh and listless” feeling, I have it right now too. 
  • Options
    Hope you all had a nice weekend, ladies!  TTGP board newb here...intro'd late last week.

@kindbytealikat FX for negative results for your FIL.

@ChloandCoco Hawaii sounds amazing right about now (as I look out my window at the snow falling)!  FX for a BFP in your future.  

CP at 8 weeks a week ago.  Benched at the moment because I have no idea where I'm at in my cycle.  I go in for another blood draw on Thursday to make sure my hcg levels have gone down.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Last week was rough because we were in limbo until the MC was confirmed on Thursday.  I drank all the wine on Saturday night and sobbed on the car ride home from my cousins house.  Yesterday, DH and I went to Runners Roost and picked out new shoes for us.  My main excuse for not running anymore is because my current running shoes suck...I have no excuse now!  Mission "get myself happy again" starts with working out because it ALWAYS makes me feel better.  Just trying to be more positive!

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  Just the blood draw mentioned above.  

GTKY: A post-Valentine's Day question - what is your love language? The five love languages are: (1) Words of Affirmation (2) Acts of Service (3) Receiving Gifts (4) Quality Time (5) Physical Touch.  I'd say my order is 1) Quality Time 2) Acts of Service 3) Words of Affirmation 4) Physical Touch 5) Receiving Gifts.  Funny, 10 years ago, my answers would have been completely different! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    I'm new here.  I ovulated on 12/27.  By 12/31, I started bleeding, not as heavy as my normal period, but I still had to wear pads.  I thought this was strangely early for my period.  1/8, I was still bleeding, so I took a hpt and got a bfp.  Confirmed with bloodwork on the 9th, but hcg was only 51.  Two days later, it was only 56.  Long story short, my numbers kept creeping up week after week, but never made it past 135, and I bled the whole time.  Confirmed an empty uterus on 2/2 via transvaginal us.  Hcg that day was 86, the first time it had dropped.  Midwife suspects ectopic that resolved itself.  As of 2/16, my hcg was 14.  I am still bleeding, it hasn't stopped in over 7 weeks.

Status: AAF, I think.  Though I really don't know what to expect due to the prolonged bleeding.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? 
    My biggest struggle is my SIL.  She is nearly 38 weeks pregnant.  We share an office at work.  The day of my ultrasound and confirmed miscarriage was her work baby shower.  The day after was the family baby shower.  I am very happy for her, but it's very hard.  Especially every time she complains about being pregnant.  (She is extremely excited for this baby, this is her second round of IVF, she has just had a very hard and miserable pregnancy.  I know she doesn't mean to upset me when she complains.) 

I am hoping this Friday will be my last hcg draw.  I think it is most likely going to be back down below 5 this time.  

GTKY: A post-Valentine's Day question - what is your love language? The five love languages are: (1) Words of Affirmation (2) Acts of Service (3) Receiving Gifts (4) Quality Time (5) Physical Touch. 
    I am definitely physical touch.  I love to touch and be touched.  I call it petting.  When I want my husband to stroke my back or something like that, I ask him to pet my back.  He is more of an act of service guy.  We try to balance this, as we know we are not the same.  We try to make an effort to ensure the other is feeling loved in a way that speaks to them. 
  • Options
    @clbness Welcome, but I'm sorry you find yourself here!
    @lnwint01 Welcome, sorry for your loss!
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @zamora_spin I think I’m ~1dpo, I had very positive OPKs for the last 2 days and it’s back to negative. I’m going to keep taking them because it’s earlier than usual. That’s really nice that you are able to go out into the country to visit your mom. Sounds like your dog had a blast!
    @clbness That’s great that you are trying to stay positive. It’s a great way of looking at it. 
    @lnwint01 I’m sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here. 
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat FX you FIL is okay.

@ChloandCoco I keep wanting to get back into running, but scare myself out of starting. 

@clbness Sorry you're here, getting happy again sounds great!

@lnwint01 Sorry you're here. I'm working with someone who is in their third trimester too, I am super happy for her as she too had a hard road to pregnancy but goddamn it I would kill to be her.

@zamora_spin Good luck with the self control, sounds like you had a nice weekend :) 

• Options
    dragonette505  Sorry for your struggles. I have the same fears of never having a take home baby. I definitely feel more bitter lately towards PG women, women with children, and especially those whining about TTC with the knowledge that I may never have a live baby.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @lokibear89 Having AF closer to normal is always good, and good luck this cycle!
    @coco2787 Hopefully the next couple of weeks fly-by so you can have your mental break. 
    @dpjennifer I hope your DH feels better soon! I would love to visit NYC one day.
    @dragonette505 I'm sorry you are struggling right now, it's hard not to feel discouraged after such a long journey. But April is only a month and a half away. can you plan anything to help keep you busy until then?
  • Options
    dpjennifer yeah... or it seems like EVERYONE and their mother is talking about their "IVF Journy" (on tv, magazines, talk shows, etc) everyone wants to talk about it NOW, plus they also waited till they got their babies.

ChloandCoco yeah.... it almost doesnt seem like a struggle since its all day every day and no let up and im kinda used to it. Actually, if my ute looks good, DH and i will be trying naturally this cycle (cant hurt) so I'll be charting and OPKing and etc so that should keep me super involved! :)
  • Options
    dragonette505 Yes! It all seems to be success after 1 MC, or IF... some sucess after RPL. There's not that much out there on RPL followed by giving up on the dream. 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    MMC 2/12 MMC molar pregnancy 8/17

Generally, I am doing pretty good. Now that it is getting closer to time to try again, I am getting a bit anxious.  Otherwise, things are going well. Well,l except I am at the entrance to see if I need my tonsils out 
    I don't think so, I think HCG is in about 2 weeks.  I should probably schedule a pap and stuff before TTC.
    GTKY: A post-Valentine's Day question - what is your love language? The five love languages are
    Acts of services.

Will tag soon!
  • Options
    @clbness I'm so so sorry you had to join us here :( Self-care is definitely very important right now.
    @kindbytealikat Sorry about your FIL... hopefully that's not what it is. 

Early loss at the beginning of the month.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I'm caught between my desire to lose some weight and my desire to eat cake. Cake usually wins, but then guilt sets in. I want to eat better and work out but I can't find the motivation I once had. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Had blood work and an ultrasound on Friday. I haven't heard back but I'm thinking that'll be it. 

GTKY: A post-Valentine's Day question - what is your love language? The five love languages are: (1) Words of Affirmation (2) Acts of Service (3) Receiving Gifts (4) Quality Time (5) Physical Touch. I am definitely physical touch followed by words of affirmation. I like small things like holding hands or just an arm around the waist. 

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • Options
    dpjennifer im sure there are books out there... i know theres a couple women on insta who have turned their TTC pages into what they are doing now theyve given up... like how they have gotten on with life and lots of bitter snark about it, but honestly with wit and humor over one of lifes biggest tragedies... i appreciate the honesty. I saw a kindle book a while back about moving on, but i havent read it (im saving it for when i am ready to move on).

holly321 its SO like that... raring to go and chomping at the bit for how long you are benched then... uuuhhh wait... im almost off the bench. Then the anxiety of another possible pg sets in. Im there with you!

Spylon  its hard to not eat cake around valentines! All of last week was a dietary shit show for me and it was wonderful. Back on the wagon this week, but sometimes you just gotta wallow in the cake :)
  • Options
    @galactickates I'm so sorry sometimes it all gets on top of you. Im glad you had a good talk with H, its such a precarious conversation emotionally that we tend to avoid it... until emotional explosion often enough.
    Its wierd the way it affects people around us as well around the time I had my MC there was this story on the news about a woman who was about to get a D&C only to request another US just in case and voila her baby was fine and they were investigating the first US technician and her Dr for not recommending further testing or something. A woman at my Mum's work kept bringing up the story and she just lost it at her, something along the lines of do you think my daughter wants this to happen, don't you think she wishes this was all a mistake. I just kind of stared at my mum because god it was all I hoped for every single day and I just didn't have the words yet.
  • Options
    @lokibear89 - it feels like we're carrying buckets full of water up a hill trying not to spill a drop,  but when the bucket swings in just the right direction you get puddles. I'm really still learning about the how to deal with other people part. It's not something I ever thought I'd be a expert at.  And that lady at your mom's work.... I don't even know what to say to that. Your mom sounds awesome though
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat, I hope everything is okay with your FIL, and I hope all goes well with your blood work.  I am sorry you feel just kind of Meh.  Sometimes, I feel like that is worse than not having a stronger feelings.
    @ChloandCoco, that's great you are planning a trip.  If you do plan to take a break, it's good you have a plan for yourself.  I have been using my time on the bench to get back into better shape.  I haven't always been doing well wit eating, but it feels great to run and I hope to be able to stick with it if I ever get pregnant again.
    @clbness, I am sorry you find yourself here.  I hope the running helps you feel better. (As I stated above, it has been great for me!) 
    @lnwint01,I am sorry for your loss. I hope your cycles regulate soon for you.  In my experience, prolonged bleeding doesn't seem to keep me from bleeding.  I feel like I bleed all the time, I don't understand where it comes from!  Obviously, I don't find this to be a fun thing, but at the same time I see it as possible hope for me that I will soon have regular cycles again, and I hope the same for you.
    @zamora_spin, sounds like you had a good weekend, FX for you Friday.
  • Options
    @Spylon, I wish you the best with the struggle with cake.  It's a hard fight.  I am personally doing well with the exercise part of the struggle, but I want to eat everything.  
    @dragonette505, I am glad you are healing well, and hopefully the tests continue to be in your favor.  
    @coco2787, that's great about your blood work.  I am sorry you were feeling down last week, hopefully spring break does the trick!
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat - I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope there is good news in his results.  That has to be incredibly stressful waiting for answers. 

@ChloandCoco - Hawaii sounds so good right now.  We're about to get hit with a ton of snow.  What island are going to go to? 

@clbness - I always feel better after running too. I really need to get back into it.  

@coco2787 I think you are like my H and I'm like your H! I wish my husband would give me more words of Affirmation  and touch. He instead does a ton of acts of service. But it doesn't mean the same thing to me. Like I do laundry because we need clean clothes.  Yes it's because I love him but that's not the reason. Lol
  • Options
    @holly321 If you have any words of wisdom regarding how to find some sort of motivation to get an exercise routine started, I am all ears! 

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • Options

holly321 I had my tonsils out like 7 years ago and my sister had hers out this past year. Good luck with yours if you need them out!

dragonette505 Yeah, I’ve got a few books tagged for my kindle reading list if I do actually decide to give up. A friend who lived with IF and gave up suggested “Life Without Baby” but I haven’t actually brought myself to read it yet. Sounds like I should join Instagram?

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    dpjennifer I kind of like it... we get to know each other pretty well over here, but its nice to "see" the lives of the people youre supporting. Also you can be as selective as you want to be as far as who you follow and let follow you. Most girls have private accounts and will say "ttc accounts only" I saw a girl with "no accounts of fertile ttcers" LOL! In other words, you know how on here you can watch the crowd go by getting KU and youre still a wallflower? Well you can chose to only link up with accounts like your own. Its more gratifying when ppl with rpl and multiple IVF cycles and AMA and trying for 5+ yrs get knocked up when you are in that same boat. I know it can sound awful to people who are not in this boat, but for me its been a bit of a lifesaver. There are a few creeps out there, but mostly its been great.
    I think i have that Life without baby saved on a list too! :( sux that we are pre-planning our failure, but im trying to be realistic too!
  • Options
    @dpjennifer I hope health hits your house soon!
    @dragonette505 I’m sorry that’s so hard, hugs
    @Spylon that’s me with ice cream, I’ve found just not buying it helps me, but also enjoying some every once in awhile.
    @galactickates I’m sorry you feel so alone. But glad you and H were able to connect on a new level
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @holly321 It's completely normal to be excited and anxious about ttc again. Good luck with your tonsils!
    @spylon I lack motivation too, it's definitely hard to get going, but you can do it!
    @galactickates It's good that you and YH are more open about talking about everything. I'm sorry you feel so isolated and nightmares are the worst. As for Hawaii, we are going back to Oahu. It's busier and more touristy, but we really enjoy being around a lot of people on vacation, since we are from a smallish city.
  • Options
    dragonette505  May have to try and set this all up!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    dragonette505  May have to try and set this all up!

let me know.... i'll DM my insta name
  • Options
    @Spylon, honestly, what I did was signed up for a 5k with a few girls from work.  It forces me into getting in shape.  The more I run now, the better I feel each time, and I have more energy.

• Options
    coco2787coco2787 member
    edited February 2018
    After the CP earlier this month my H suggested not testing early again. 

A) it’s like you don’t even know me 
    B ) if it happens again I want to know so that I can see an RE.  I don’t want that heartbreak either but I need info if I want to be proactive.  

I know in the long run he’ll be supportive of whatever I want to do but I’m annoyed he even suggested it. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @coco2787 My DH suggested that I don't test early anymore, but after multiple losses, I think knowing is always better. I also have to start progesterone as soon as I find out, so that changes things too. It's hard for our significant others in this process because they are just trying to protect us from the pain.
  • Options
    Well, I just got a call from my OB's office. All the blood clotting tests are negative and our karyotyping is completely normal. So, there is officially nothing I can 'fix'. The nurse kept reminding me that this is good news, but it doesn't really feel that way.
  • Options
    It's so hard to know how to feel about test results like that @ChloandCoco.  Obviously you don't want anything to be wrong with you but you also want to have something to fix so that you don't have to keep going through heartbreak.  I have a feeling I'm going to be in the same boat.  Have you seen an RE or are you just getting testing done through your OB?
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @coco2787 I really hope you aren't in the same boat. I had the testing done through my OB. We don't have any REs in town, and I don't know if there's anything else they can test.