September 2018 Moms
Options

Babymoon Thread

Know where you’re going on a babymoon? Need ideas? Post about all things babymoon!

Re: Babymoon Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most likely, any "babymoon" for us is going to be DD going to stay with her grandparents for a week in the summer :lol:
    That sounds good! I would miss my kiddo, but I'd get over it.
  • Options
    xxkberxxxxkberxx member
    edited February 2018
    DH and I were planning on going to Hawaii as this summer is also our 10 year wedding anniversary and my 30th birthday (yes, I got married really young). We haven’t been on a trip alone since getting pregnant with DS in 2015. Unfortunately with having a high risk pregnancy I doubt it’s going to happen now. And once the babies come and we are a family of 5 I really don’t see us going on a vacation for quite some time. I’ll have to look into staycation ideas. 

*edit words
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Options
    @SkilledSailor we are doing Florida too but in July! I wouldn’t consider it a “baby moon” because we have had it booked for awhile to meet friends from England and family as well. I am really excited for it, however my due date just got bumped up two weeks. I will now be 34-35 weeks when we’re supposed to go and this is giving me a bit of anxiety. It’s a 21 hour drive and international since we live in Canada. I have to check with my travel insurance and see how I feel closer to. I have gone overdue with my last two,  I’m thinking if we do go I will be spending most of our days relaxing by the pool, however if we’re there I feel like we would have to do At least a day at Disney! Let me know what parks you decide on. 
  • Options
    @born2run911 I’ll probably spend quite a bit of time by the pool as well. Right now Harry Potter world is a definite and I’m torn between Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. 
  • Options
    Dh and I have never left dd overnight, we have individually gone on trips but not together... I’m thinking I would like to plan an overnight before the birth just so we are more
    comfortable leaving her while we’re at the hospital. And I am totally asking DH to stay w me after the birth.  I think we are both gonna need the bonding time w this lil one, w o dd. She’ll be totally fine as long as we have someone competent in her medical stuff. 
    Dh is travelling for a few days next month, I’m hoping to have my best friend stay w me and teach her the ropes. We both trust her completely, we just haven’t had time to teach her all the things dd needs. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida May i ask what part of Maine?! That’s where I’m from, I’ve pretty mich lived all over the state, we’re im the central/western mountains now. June can be a great time to visit! 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

• Options
    @jhjocelyn York! Haha had to ask DH because I didn’t even know. He’s been taking care of all the travel arrangements. I hear it is beautiful there. 
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida  it is beautiful! Like a mini alaska. York is super southern Maine, the one part of the state I haven’t lived in, but it should be nice sprong weather, there maybe lots of blackflies & misquitos so be prepared with bug repellant you like or to stay mostly indoors.  :D

• Options
    @jhjocelyn We are looking at booking our hotels tomorrow so I’ll definitely be looking for one with an indoor pool and maybe a spa facility....to get away from the bugs  :/ I’m a mosquito magnet, too. I’m looking very forward to the trip!
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida just don’t travel too far north snd avoid the evenings outside, I’m prettu sure they are more mild down that far than up hete anyways, I’m like 3 hrs north.  o:)

• Options
    We had a family trip (us, my parents, my brother and his wife) to Hawaii planned for a while, so we’re still planning on going. I need to check into travel insurance, maybe, but the flights are booked on points and we’re splitting a condo so it may not be a huge deal if we had to back out last minute. I’ll be 28 weeks or so, right at the beginning of 3rd tri I think. I’m not looking forward to the flights but am 100% looking forward to relaxing and floating. And having some part time childcare. And shared kitchen duties with some eating out. MH and I only had a very mini honeymoon and haven’t ever taken a trip to anywhere tropical, and I’m really hoping goes smoothly. MH is a little anxious about taking an expensive vacation and spending the whole time with family. I’m looking forward to it though.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    @treeofcheem I’ll be 24w when we go to Hawaii and can’t wait for the pool! The hotel we’re going to has a lazy river and a man made lagoon so there will be lots of floating from me! My parents are coming too so they can help with DD... they also came on our honeymoon to help with her too (same hotel) and we love traveling with them. I just see this as last trip with DD before baby (although we will do a few other small ones in 3rd tri) AND the last trip to Hawaii for a while since I heard that trip is much harder with 2 kids.
  • Options
    I so jealous of all the ladies going to Hawaii  - can you pack me in your suitcase? 
    Our March spring break trip is to Aruba - bringing the kids. I hope I feel better by then! 
    We usually go to Delaware beaches in the summer, but DH thinks I'll be way too pregnant to enjoy hot beach water - he doesn't truly understand how much I love the beach.
    So our next trip probably won't be until November, when we go to Disney. We booked Disney two weeks before we knew I was pregnant. I was so excited, but now, won't I be the person who doesn't get to go on any rides and see DS and DH's faces light up? I hope we can take turns with the baby so that doesn't happen. 
  • Options
    @cornichonmam Will you be in NYC? I live an hour+ north of the city, if you want any travel tips! There is SO much to see and do, and EAT. The Bronx Zoo is pretty neat too, if you are bringing kiddies. Hope your trip is great.
  • Options
    So our next trip probably won't be until November, when we go to Disney. We booked Disney two weeks before we knew I was pregnant. I was so excited, but now, won't I be the person who doesn't get to go on any rides and see DS and DH's faces light up? I hope we can take turns with the baby so that doesn't happen. 
    For some of the rides, you'll still be able to see them while they're riding! And you can do Rider Switch on some of the rides - one parent goes with the child(ren), and the other waits with the non-rider (for you, the baby) and gets a pass to go on the ride (with someone) once they get off. They usually let you into the line pretty close to the front at that point. So you can manage to ride the "big" rides even if you're with kids who aren't tall enough or just don't want to go, the adults just don't get to go together. Plus, there are rides that you can take an infant on, I think. We're on the west coast so we usually do Disneyland and it's been a long time since I was at Disney World. But there's SO much to do that doesn't involve rides. It will still be totally fun. I'm getting excited for you! LOL I love Disney.

I do 100% recommend a stroller AND some sort of babywearing device. If you have to wait in lines without the stroller, it's nice to have some way to hold the baby besides just in your arms. And the stroller is nice to have for a lot of reasons.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    @sarahlynn72181 I will pack you in my suitcase for Hawaii if you pack me in your suitcase for Aruba!
  • Options
    @sarahlynn72181 I promise I'm not trying to cause any drama, but I'm curious how your OB feels about you traveling to a high-risk Zika country while pregnant? I'm a flight attendant and my OB didn't want me flying Mexico routes (even though I don't get off the plane and we fly to low-risk Zika areas). I think she's being overly cautious for me, so I'm curious how other OBs handle Zika-related issues these days. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sarahlynn72181 I promise I'm not trying to cause any drama, but I'm curious how your OB feels about you traveling to a high-risk Zika country while pregnant? I'm a flight attendant and my OB didn't want me flying Mexico routes (even though I don't get off the plane and we fly to low-risk Zika areas). I think she's being overly cautious for me, so I'm curious how other OBs handle Zika-related issues these days. 
    My experience with Zika risk and healthcare providers—

My gynecologist vehemently disapproved of our trip to Turks and Caicos last summer when we were TTC. (I hadn’t made the Zika connection until we got back.) I got a lecture about microcephaly and she told me if we were doing any treatments, policy would be such that I would not qualify for intervention 6 months after the trip. 

It was super stressful and I felt like the biggest asshole. Luckily both my H and I never had symptoms, no confirmed bites, and had negative blood and urine tests. We were told to expect to pay $1,000 OOP for testing FYI. We immediately stopped TTC while undergoing testing.  
  • Options
    Regarding Zika, many places have come off the CDC active list. We plan on going to Grand Cayman in March and my midwife is fine with it as long as it stays off the list and I wear bug spray. 
  • Options
    runninginvarunninginva member
    edited February 2018
    Going to NYC in a few weeks just to get away for an overnight vacation. (We live right outside of DC so it's pretty close.) Since I'll still be in the first trimester, so likely still experiencing MS, we made sure to get a nice hotel just in case I'm not feeling well enough to go out on the town. We do have plans to go out for a fancy dinner, but that can always be cancelled if I'm not feeling up to it.

Our bigger trip, and more of the Babymoon trip is a cruise we're planning for May. We had already been planning on going on a cruise with my father in-law this summer before I got pregnant, and now we're just moving it a little earlier so I will still be in the 2nd trimester when we go. So looking forward to that!