Baby Names
Options

Please help with name spelling

We are set on a name for our girl . Embrie but not sure if we should spell it Embree or Embrie . She will be here any day now, which spelling is best?? 

Re: Please help with name spelling

• Options
    I realize that you asked about spelling and not the name itself but...I really dislike that name. That being said, Embrie makes me think of brie, a cheese,which while delicious, isn't necessarily what I'd want associated with my child. I suppose I'd go with your second option if you're stuck on a variation of that name. No other Em- names that you fancy? 
  • Options
    Awwee we love it sooo much :( Embree  call her nn of Emm or Bree.. We like Ember but would lengthen it to Emberey/Emberee/Emberie then Ember for a nn because we love Embrie Embree so much
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    marhoodymarhoody member
    edited February 2018
    Thank you but soooooo many peoplp say it reminds them of Embryo and that spelling is only one letter off :( just love the name
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    marhoody said:
    Thank you but soooooo many peoplp say it reminds them of Embryo and that spelling is only one letter off :( just love the name
    Harlow is one letter off from Harlot yet it's skyrocketed from no usage to the 420 in popularity. 

I think as long as you don't give her an o middle name the "embryo" thing won't be an issue.

ETA: and the names going to be pronounced the same regardless, so if some kid picks up on being an ass during science class spelling won't deter them.
  • Options
    Please really think about this.....your child will be called an embryo for many many years...WHY WHY would do that to a child? You may love this name, but your daughter will suffer with it.
  • Options
    My vote is Embrie...but like others have mentioned, you should consider other names.  There are many “Bri” names, and many “Em” names. I think you should pick one or the other, and try to find a winner. 
  • Options
    marhoody said:
    If you love that name I think Embry is the best spelling.  Any spelling still reminds people of embryo because it’s pronounced the same either way. So you might as well go with the spelling that looks most “real”.  Between your two choices I’d choose Embrie over Embree because the double e just looks extra made up to me.  You say you love the name but you seem so unsure because you keep seeking feedback so if you are still considering others, I’d recommend

Brianna nn Bri
    Everly 
    Brenna
    Bianca
    Emmeline Brianna nn Embry 
    Emma Brianne nn  Embry
    Emily Bridget nn Embry 

• Options
    cantrelljacantrellja member
    edited February 2018
    Oh, please, please, don't name your baby Embree/Embrie. It's such a juvenile name and would be cute only for just a few years. It's not a name for an adult woman (which she will be much longer than she will be a baby/child). Use Emily and call her "Emmy." Please. 
  • Options
    People on here tore apart my name choices too which Is unfair and can be super disheartening!!! Hang in there, your name choice isn’t my style but doesn’t have to be :) I think Embree is the spelling I’d go with out of your choices!! Keep your chin up and don’t worry about what people on the internet say!!! Good luck!
  • Options
    People on here tore apart my name choices too which Is unfair and can be super disheartening!!! Hang in there, your name choice isn’t my style but doesn’t have to be :) I think Embree is the spelling I’d go with out of your choices!! Keep your chin up and don’t worry about what people on the internet say!!! Good luck!
    But she asked for people on the internet opinions. 

Like, if you don't really care, don't ask.