July 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In Week of 1/31

2»

Re: STM+ Check In Week of 1/31

• Options
    That sounds fun @paytonpedro!  We're hosting a party at our new house with family & friends.  The "theme" is Baby Signing Time - I need to go order a cake next week and I've ordered cookies for favors!  I was asking her at breakfast this morning who she wanted to invite - pretty much everyone.  Including non-existent people.  LOL

@zande2016 - if you're at all interested in sign language, check out some of the Baby Signing Time videos!  The "Eat and Drink" one is on YouTube.  As noted above, DD still loves it (we currently watch the Potty video at least twice a week). If he's really frustrated about communicating, that can help even with speech delays!
  • Options
    cseley321cseley321 member
    edited February 2018
    @tarheelgirl8 was your toddler from aug 2015? Your SN is familiar, but I may be crazy...

I had to deconstruct the crib around 19 or 20 months when she was climbing out (even with the crib turned around). Personally if I could have kept her in longer, I probably would have. 

With that being said, the first 2 nights were hard. It was hard, but every time she came out of the room I would walk her back in. After she realized hours later that it was useless, she went to sleep.

She did great up until recently we hit a monster regression, but she is back on track now.

Best of luck with converting the crib!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cseley321 yep, she’s an aug 2015 baby!  I’m impressed at your memory!!  

Glad to hear your transition was relatively smooth.  We’ve got a three day weekend coming up due to a teacher workday, maybe I’ll try the transition then.  
  • Options
    @paytonpedro we are also going to an indoor water park for DS's birthday! Can't wait. I wasn't on the bump for Feb16. I was still in then comes family for that one.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    I am late to this party!

How far along are you? 16 weeks today

How old are your other kids? he will be 2.5 in a couple of weeks.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? I am starting to remember all the hard things I blocked about from having my first (childbirth, recovery, nursing at first, the lack of sleep). It just makes me nervous, as it will be harder to recover and focus on a newborn when I also have my toddler to worry about! 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: My friend was just telling me about how sweet her son has been with his new cousin. He is the age that my son will be when baby #2 arrives. It just made me more excited to see him with his baby brother or sister.

GTKY: What does your child want to be when he/she grows up? Ha I am not sure. If he had to decide now, probably an excavator operator.