August 2018 Moms

Product Spotlight Week of 12/4: Baby Carriers!

SmashJamSmashJam member
edited December 2017 in August 2018 Moms
Hey all! Hope its ok that I start this series early on...I know in July we had a couple of single subject posts about cars and strollers and maybe the early addition of a product spotlight thread will make it easier for people to search the information. At the bottom is June and July's past threads in a spreadsheet, and I'll make one for August as well, so we will always be able to search for this information somewhere other than TB. There is a schedule of dates to expect the product spotlights as well.

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions and S+TMs to share the wealth of knowledge they've accumulated on baby products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week it's.... baby carriers! Ring slings, wraps, you name it.

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to absorb/respond to. If you'd like to recommend/ask questions about more than one product, please copy/paste the prompts as needed.  

For S+TMs:
  • Favorite [baby carrier]:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • What you don't like about it, if anything:
  • Is there a [baby carrier] you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Additional thoughts on [baby carriers]:

For FTMs:
  • [Carrier(s)] you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions about it/them for S+TMs?:

ETA: Our link to past threads is here, created based on July BMB: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UyhRAJyRFD8vsNwLsXd7vCCC-9pYjzH3p5HvngpnaOI/edit?usp=sharing

This is July's schedule for reference, and past links here. Created based on June 2018 spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nhSR3UAwJx8UitC9b2hRx57c4hHkK6BU679FjqXMeHQ/edit?usp=sharing 

THis is June's if you want to look at past threads for reference: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gjNtxy2Kd2JceTYYR5wkwVcpTbU-khgazhjcZnfI1y4/edit?usp=sharing

message me if you want me to add categories!

Re: Product Spotlight Week of 12/4: Baby Carriers!

• @SmashJam Thanks so much for getting us organized early and heading off the board chaos/clutter!  I'm a big fan of organization!!

I'm a STM with an almost 2yo son. We live in the city, so we either walk or take public transit most places we go. For the first year, I took him to daycare every day in a chest carrier and couldn't have lived without it. So much easier than a stroller. We didn't start using it until he was about a month old and strong enough to hold his head up. I had him face towards me until he was maybe 4 months old? (oh man, it's surprising how much you forget!). Then, I switched him to face outwards, because he loved looking at people on the bus, and seeing our neighborhood. It was great interaction, because I talked to him about everything we were seeing on our walks to/from daycare and around the neighborhood. 
    • Favorite [baby carrier]:  Beco Gemini (my partner mainly used an Ergo)
    • Link/picture: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZC8B1K?colid=24A7GH9JP6CO4&coliid=I35AID2JPCOOHI&ref=br_ADD_TO_CART_title_link&th=1
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $150
    • What you like about it: My favorite thing about it is that the straps cross in the back and buckle under your arm. Most carriers have backpack style straps, and then you reach behind your neck (with baby in the carrier) and buckle the straps together. I could never reach the back buckle, so buckling under my arms was much easier. i also liked that my son could face outwards, because he loved the stimulation/interaction. 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: 
    • Additional thoughts on [baby carriers]: My partner used one a lot too, and he is 11" taller than me (5'6" and 6'5"). We were gifted two, and each liked a different one. This was convenient because we didn't have to constantly readjust the straps to the proper height while juggling a baby. 
    • Accessories: Baby wearing in the winter is THE BEST and keeps you both much warmer (and much easier in the snow when strollers are impossible to maneuver). A friend passed down a baby carrier hood, which just slipped over my neck and tucked all around DS to keep us warm. It's called the Jolly Jumper Snuggle Cover. I wore my normal coat and just zipped it at the very bottom to keep me warm and had him against me with the hood over top. I also got a rain cover for warmer rainy weather. I ended up using the rain cover all the time, because DS was a heavy spitter until he was 1yo. It was much easier to clean than the fabric carrier and kept the spit up off me and him. 

• Just sharing my thoughts... 

number 1: it’s totally personal. What fits and works for one mama will be different for another. Me, I don’t do wrapping but others adore it. Also ergo was a terrible fit for me. It hurt my back. It’s not great generally for petite or short waisted women. But some ppl find it great!!

i love woven ring slings for brand new babies. Which one is just your preference. Something not too stiff! It’s great for a newborn, and soooo easy for in and out, it’s great if you have big kids too and are in and out for school, errands etc. once they get big it’s not the best imo, but carriers have great resale.

alfter they outgrow that the Tula (regular then toddler) is my favvvvv

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Loading the player...
  • edited December 2017
    I have been obsessed with baby wearing before even getting pregnant! FTM here! I baby wear my Bff's babe all the time and freaking love it. I think wearing my babe in a wrap is the thing I am most excited about.

• [Carrier(s)] you're interested in: Solly Baby for newborn stage, Wildbird ring sling for a little bit older. Also planning on getting an Ergo mostly for hubby when we will be hiking/dog walking once babe is here. I actually bought a solly on black Friday which was a few days before I got my BFP. I was planning on stashing it for future baby shower gifting but totally keeping it now :)

• Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): Solly was $52 on sale with free shipping, i don't mind spending money on wraps/ slings etc as i see it as improving my accessibility and dexterity with a little. I think my biggest challenge with a baby will be getting out of the house. I don't want to be a hermit...

• Any questions about it/them for S+TMs?: Hey mamas, am I covering my bases? Any pros or cons to the carriers I am leaning towards? Any carrier I should try because you love? Thanks!
  • @hannerbananers my personal experience is you are right on with the types of styles for the purpose. I had trouble with the wrap after DS was over 15# (he was a 9lb baby so it was pretty quick) and i like the Ergo for walking and hiking because the shoulder pads made it more comfy to wear. I've never bought or used a ring sling so I have no opinion on that but I do know my friends with them always looked happy and comfy wearing their babies in them and their babies did as well!
  • @hannerbananers agreed on the uses too! My sis had a solly she loved! If wrapping works for you you might decide you want to try woven wraps as well - they last through toddlerhood (not stretchy). I’d consider waiting on the ssc until you are closer to using it, see what you want in a carrier at that time.

id consider a Tula though. Ergo doesn’t have a good range of fits (so if your h is big or tall it may not fit him... and for me I’m short waisted and it was impossible to get a correct fit (straps don’t shorten enough). Tula are much more $, but they hold value and will fit baby way longer too. 

Just my 2 cents as a former ergo mama turned Tula mom! Plus the prints are cute :)

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I loved my Moby wrap with my first two and then switched to the Ergo once they had good head control.

I did try the Baby Bjorn (an original one) with DD1 but hated it.  The Ergo is where it's at for me.

• I used a Moby early on and then switched to a Kinderpack. A Kinderpack is a SSC (similar to the Tula) but has more sizes ranging from infant to preschool sized. The straps were comfy for me and could easily be adjusted between DH and I. Also, it comes in different patterns (like the Tula). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have an off-brand Moby style wrap I still use with DD when we go run errands around town (public transit/walking) and for walking around in the grocery store. It's been a champ, even though she's about 23lbs it still fits well without digging in or getting too stretched out. It works really well for us so far, though as she gets closer to walking I'm sure we'll start transitioning away from it.
    • Favorite baby carrier: Lillebaby 
    • Link/picture: This is the one I have https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KC4VPNU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
    • Cost : $139 but I got it on Prime Day for around $100 I think. 
    • What you like about it: I originally had an ergo and sold that and bought the Lillebaby. It is FAR more comfortable, the pad on the lower back works wonders, I like how you can use it with newborns without an insert (though I never did) 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: it can be pricey but it is worth it! 
    • Additional thoughts on [baby carriers]: I also have a Moby wrap which I used when DS was very little. I loved it too and learned how to tie it very quickly. There are many babywearing BST groups on facebook, Babywearing on a Budget is a good one where everything is under $100. (Hope it is ok for me to mention that). 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
    • Favorite [baby carrier]: I still use my Ergo original with DS frequently. I already have. Toddler TULA for when he outgrows it. I just like having the option to wear him. I used the Moby when he was little.
    • Link/picture: y’all can google
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): The Ergo original is cheaper than the Ergo 360. The difference is you can’t face outward on the original. I personally didn’t think that looked comfortable. Once they are big enough, I think back wearing is easier.
    • What you like about it: It’s easy to use.
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: It doesn’t fold up easily. I’ve learned a trick for it, but it’s still bulky.
    • Is there a [baby carrier] you don't have but are considering? Why?: I don’t have a ring sling (other than a water ring sling) and I am considering that for this baby. They are prettier and can be sued all ages. The Moby is great, but it gets so hot in the summer! For an August baby in North Texas? *shudder*
    • Additional thoughts on [baby carriers]: A lot of it is personal preference. Find a local baby wearing group. Their advice and experience is so valuable.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lalala2004
    I didn't even think about the August heat and babywearing. Maybe will look into an alternative! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • For S+TMs:
    • Favorite [baby carrier]: Lillebaby
    • Link/picture:  This is the one I have: https://www.lillebaby.com/baby-carriers/completetm/airflow/complete-airflow-blue-aqua.html?airflow=Blue/Aqua
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $125, but it's on sale right now for $87.50!
    • What you like about it: I personally love structured carriers.  I find them much easier to use than wraps, and generally more comfortable for me and my crazy wiggly 10 month old.  This one seems to keep both of us cool when it's warm, and the lumbar support is really helpful.
    • What you don't like about it, if anything:  It's a bit hard to adjust the fitting once it's on your body.  That may be just because I am weak though? Not sure, but if I need to tighten the waist strap, DH has to help me.
    • Is there a [baby carrier] you don't have but are considering? Why?: Nope, very happy with this one.
    • Additional thoughts on [baby carriers]:  We also have an Ergo (DH uses it) that was gifted to us.  It's okay, but I prefer the Lillebaby.  The Ergo just seems too open on the sides for my liking.  I like the mesh on the Lillebaby.  We have a K'tan, too.  The K'tan was pretty easy to use and nice to have when DD was a newborn, but the sizing is wonky.  Mine always felt too big - I should have sized down but didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning it.
    • Favorite [baby carrier]: Another vote for Lillebaby!
    • Link/picture: https://https//www.amazon.com/SIX-Position-Ergonomic-Child-Carrier-LILLEbaby/dp/B00R6XEN98/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1512667422&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=lillebaby&th=1
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $119+ on Amazon
    • What you like about it: Comfortable. Really easy to adjust so I could easily breastfeed in it and both DH and I could wear it without much fussing. Baby was super cozy in it and we would wear it to get him to sleep. No infant insert needed, we stuck a little ring-bearer size pillow in the bottom instead of doing the rolled blanket when he was itty bitty. I also liked that you could adjust it to face outward because he enjoyed that. Also liked the hood for when he was napping in it and I could eat without dropping food on his head!
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: It's too big and awkward to throw in a diaper bag and you can't really sit down while wearing it, but I think almost all SSCs are that way. 
    • Is there a [baby carrier] you don't have but are considering? Why?: I'm really interested in trying both a ring sling and a mei tai carrier this time. I did a lot of research recently on the mei tai and am really interested in this Babylonia one: https://https//babyloniausa.com/collections/mei-tai/products/bb-tai. I'm not sure what is a good ring sling. Would love some recommendations for those!
    • Additional thoughts on [baby carriers]: We also had the Baby K'tan and I really wanted to love it, but it was just okay IMO. I could never really get the baby up high enough to be kissable and then as soon as he chunked up (happened pretty quickly), he was too big for it as it was too tight. Also DH hated it. I did use it later on for hip carrying and liked it, but I wouldn't have bought it just for that.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @SmashJam YOU ROCK!

For S+TMs:
    • Favorite [baby carrier]: I loved my Moby, and I used it for a long time because my boy was itty bitty for a long long time. I am considering getting a ring sling this go around though. I had a Tula and can't say I loved it, I barely liked it. 
    • Link/picture: As @lalala2004 ya'll can google ;)
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): The moby was homemade and given to me so that was free. I paid about $150 for the TULA.
    • What you like about it:I liked the ease of the Moby for me, and the various ways of wrapping it was easy to find something comfortable to 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: Nothing I disliked about the Moby. I didn't like the TULA much. It didn't fit my torso well and no matter how I adjusted it always hurt my back after 15minutes. 
    • Is there a [baby carrier] you don't have but are considering? Why?: I've heard Lilliebaby is good for a shorter lady so I am looking into that. I am also considering a ring sling. And now I'm intriqued my the Gemini because I like the cross back. 
    • Additional thoughts on [baby carriers]: For FTM's. I wish I had known about our local group for moms that carry. You should look for them because a lot of times they will have numerous carriers at their meetings for you to try and see if you like them. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat just FYI, you can crisscross the Lillebaby straps as well. I have a petite friend who wore it this way. 
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Team Tula here - I can't wait to try out the Free to Grow since you can use it with a baby who is 8lbs and up. I've heard great things from friends. I wore DS until he was about 2 comfortably in the Tula. Loved it soooo much! 

I also adore my woven ring sling for quick ups. It can get uncomfortable after a while when they get bigger, but it's nice for a quick Target trip or a short walk with the dog. 

I bought a Solly when I was pregnant last time and I'm looking forward to using that when this baby is tiny. Stretchy wraps aren't fantastically supportive when they get bigger, but they're cozy for squishes. 

I really want to get better with my woven wraps too. I'm a bit of a hoarder with babywearing stuff, so I have several wraps I've used like twice. I just need this little one so I can finally practice more :lol:
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Whoa this was 2 weeks before my BFP lol. I'm glad they're resurfacing again for those of us who weren't around that early on. 

I'm absolutely team Tula and like @elsieisamoocow I'm totally looking forward to trying a FTG this time around. I do still have 2 Tula's from DS2 and my friend is sending me her infant insert so I'll use those too but I mean, you can't have enough Tula's  :p I'm somewhat of a babywearing collector so I like to have multiples. Also, I keep one in the car at all times, one at home, and then one in my mom's car so we are never without. I know that sounds silly but I am so scatterbrained so knowing there's one in each car is helpful for me because it's one less thing I have to worry about.

As I've also said before, in the very beginning I love woven ring slings. I find the wovens have a tighter fit for me and that was important. I had a maya wrap RS I ordered on Amazon and I felt like it was always slipping in the rings whereas the one I got from Tula that was a woven RS seemed to stay in place. Once you get the rings and rails adjusted correctly it's super easy to slide on and off. The only thing is it's hard to share the carrier with anyone else because you adjust it to your size so if your H or anyone else wants to wear baby you'll have to readjust for them and then again for yourself. However, in the very beginning I'm usually a baby hog so I don't share much anyways. 

I had a moby wrap and NEVER figured it out, it was just so much fabric. I also tried other woven wraps with DS2 and never got the hang of it. It was so much fabric and so many steps to try and get it right and I didn't have the patience to try and get the hang of it. I know some who swear by it but it just wasn't for me. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• @calimom2524 "a babywearing collector" sounds much nicer than a babywearing hoarder hahaha... I have 4 Tulas, though DH claimed one of them as "his" haha. Keeping one in each car, one in the house, and I actually liked having one in the stroller (or my ring sling in the stroller) too. I really want to get a Tula ring sling as well (coughhoardercough) - my ring sling is a Girasol one and I loooove it, it's so nice and broken in, but I do love the prints of some of the Tula ones. 

I babywore a lot with DS but I definitely am preparing to babywear way more this time since I'll be chasing a 3.5 year old around when s/he is born. I'm really looking forward to it, though, I think it's one reason I have such a close bond with DS :)

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!

• @calimom2524 "a babywearing collector" sounds much nicer than a babywearing hoarder hahaha... I have 4 Tulas, though DH claimed one of them as "his" haha. Keeping one in each car, one in the house, and I actually liked having one in the stroller (or my ring sling in the stroller) too. I really want to get a Tula ring sling as well (coughhoardercough) - my ring sling is a Girasol one and I loooove it, it's so nice and broken in, but I do love the prints of some of the Tula ones. 

I babywore a lot with DS but I definitely am preparing to babywear way more this time since I'll be chasing a 3.5 year old around when s/he is born. I'm really looking forward to it, though, I think it's one reason I have such a close bond with DS :)
    I couldn't agree more. I have a much closer bond with DS2 than DS1 and I think a lot of it is because I wore him and was able to nurse much longer with him than my first. I'm close with DS1 but it's not quite the same, DS2 loves the cuddles and affection still to this day whereas DS1 has always been a love you from a distance kinda guy. Babywearing is such an incredible closeness, I'm pretty sure everyone in my ILs thought I was crazy but I didn't care. 

• Just want to say thanks everyone for all the tips on this thread and all other product spotlights. This being my second LO I'm going to dive into the baby wearing world a little bit deeper then I did with #1. I didn't even know woven ring slings existed and I'm excited to try one out in the early months.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh another suggestion for babywearing, join some of the BST pages on FB. There are SO many good deals out there so you don't have to pay full price. It's not like a car seat where you have to worry about previous accidents or anything. There's even a babywearing on a budget group where all carriers have to be under $100. 

• BST?
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a bunch of carriers with DS1, but my favorite was definitely the Becco Gemini. As someone noted above this is the only soft-structured carrier (that I’m aware of) with cross-style straps. I found the straight-over-the-shoulder straps would chafe my armpits badly, especially in summer or if I was wearing short sleeves. I also have an Ergo, a Tula, and a Boba 4G but none of them got anywhere near the use of the Becco for this reason. I also never got into wraps and slings, though I tried. I am more a fan of “pop in the baby and go” which the soft structured carriers allow.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • BST?
    Buy sell trade... Facebook groups mostly

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I snagged a toddler Tula on eBay for less than $100, free shipping once. So that’s a good place to look, too.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Anyone have experience with a Baby K’Tan?
    I wasn't a fan, personally. I tried two different sizes (because size is supposed to be key, and you're supposed to air on the small side) but I still felt like the baby got lost in it and it wasn't as secure or supportive as I wanted.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • @mrs_drc_rn - We loved the K'Tan! It was so much easier than the wrap. Sizing is important, the medium was my perfect fit, I got it 2nd hand from a girlfriend, and my DH bought a large.

It holds the baby like the wraps do but without the miles of fabric. When we would take baby out and about I would put the K'Tan on before we left then when we got wherever I could pop him out of the car seat and right into the carrier.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • IvorySoapGirl - Forest Hills, NY

Me: 40  DH: 40
    Married May 2012
    DD born Sep 2013
    MC Feb 2017 11w2d
    CP May 2017 5w
    MC Oct 2017 6w
    BFP Dec 2017 EDD 8/15/18

I have a K'Tan.  Definitely size down.  I always had a hard time making it "snug" enough, no matter what I did.  It was very easy to use though!  I might even get a different one (in the right size this time) for this baby.
    I do. I loved it at the very beginning when DS came home from the NICU. I believe I bought a medium, which is my normal shirt size. He was in newborn clothes for quite a long time, and even before then, the k'tan no longer supported him enough and I preferred my woven ring sling. I'd say if you get one as a gift or from a friend, go for it, but otherwise I would invest in something you can use much longer. 

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• I didn't really read through all of these but I wanted to add some input. I liked the Moby for those early days and we had an Ergo 360 for later. My son didn't love being worn, so I think we retired the Ergo by about 10 months or so. 
  • PSA there's a valentine's sale on babytula.com for 30% off some of their ring slings, wraps, and swaddle blankets. It's a pretty good deal! I got a new ring sling for baby cora fiona seven. 

• Anyone familiar with Sseko and their ring slings? I'm having a Sseko party in April, so I'm hoping I can score one for a good deal if my party is successful. Just wondering if anyone knows how they compare.
    *Siggy Warning*

• FTM question: What is the benefit of a ring sling over a wrap? My local consignment stores won't sell them due to all the recalls? Can someone give me the basic pros and cons?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • calimom2524calimom2524 member
    edited February 2018
    FTM question: What is the benefit of a ring sling over a wrap? My local consignment stores won't sell them due to all the recalls? Can someone give me the basic pros and cons?
    So for me, the RS is so much easier. It's basically a long strip of woven wrap with two rings on the end. You receive instructions on how to loop the wrap through the rings and then it's secured on your shoulder. I don't know why the picture posted in your quote but whatevs. This is the ring sling I ordered today, it's similar to wrapping as it's made of the same material it's just easier to use IMO. A lot of resale places won't sell them because they can't guarantee their safety. If you purchase one from a reputable seller they have to follow regulations so they are safe for baby. 

A wrap is just a very large piece of fabric that can be tied in multiple ways around your for many different carries. When I say very large piece of fabric I'm talking like longer than you can imagine. I'm pretty sure I had one once that was 9 feet long. I find them very overwhelming and I've never found a wrap that felt comfortable for me. I know a lot of people swear by them and there's a definite learning curve but it was too much work for me. 

• Here's an example of a wrap. The way she has it wrapped is one of the most common I've seen but I could just never get a tight fit and it was so much fabric I was always hot. Again, I know some people swear by wrapping but it just wasn't for me. 

• I liked the Boba wrap when DS was first born and just a tiny fragile little peanut.  It looks like this.  I thought it was really simple to use and since it was winter too warm wasn't really an issue.  But once he was like....15 lbs?  I moved to the Tula. 

• I have an Ergo wrap that I've been practicing with (that's me with my chihuahua up there) but I wasn't sure how a RS differs. It looks less secure just from the pictures, but also pretty darn simple. I'm hoping to pick up a carrier or two for me and DH when the kids gets a little bigger, plus I don't think DH will want to deal with a wrap. I've recently heard a bunch of people raving about RS, so I was wondering if I should go that route instead.

Pregnancy Ticker