August 2018 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight Week of 12/4: Baby Carriers!

2»

Re: Product Spotlight Week of 12/4: Baby Carriers!

• Options
    calimom2524calimom2524 member
    edited February 2018
    They are only un-secure if not done correctly. It's a bit of a learning curve to find the best fit but once you've found it there's no way baby's going anywhere and it's super comfortable. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I have an Ergo wrap that I've been practicing with (that's me with my chihuahua up there) but I wasn't sure how a RS differs. It looks less secure just from the pictures, but also pretty darn simple. I'm hoping to pick up a carrier or two for me and DH when the kids gets a little bigger, plus I don't think DH will want to deal with a wrap. I've recently heard a bunch of people raving about RS, so I was wondering if I should go that route instead.
    I always had thought that a RS looked less secure, but once I actually tried one on at a babywearing meeting once DS was born, I was amazed at how secure it feels. With a good woven wrap, it's kind of grippy, so it grips on to the rings and itself as it goes through the rings, which is how it gets snug. And you can take it one step further, tying the tail around the rings (which I usually did just to get the tail out of the way).
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loooooved using a ring sling!!! They are ridiculously secure. The fabric grips and the rings hold it tight.

i tried wrapping and couldn’t make it work. I use a ring sling then Tula. This is my new ring sling!!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I’m so sorry I’m not copying and pasting the headings but I can’t figure out how to do it on my phone.

big fan if my Lille baby