July 2018 Moms

UO 1/25

2»

Re: UO 1/25

• @lindsayleigh1989 I actually used to work at a 5 Guys in High School. (and I totally still eat there because they are clean and fresh, at least the one I worked at).  The fries are cut that day and the meat is never frozen.
    Tips: the french fry portions are huge. A regular is enough for two people. (you can also get them with cajun seasoning if spicy is your thing).  On to burgers, they are known for their toppings. Check out the whole list of toppings. You can also get any of them on the side. I get pickles on the side just because I like to eat pickles. I don't go often so someone else may have better suggestions. Also the difference between a little and regular burger is Little has 1 patty and regular has 2 patties. I get the little, but I also don't eat a ton so I don't know if that helps you.  They didn't have shakes when I worked there like 10 years ago, but they do now and I know my DH likes them, but I haven't tried them yet.  Enjoy!
  • Devil horns!! Yes! I look like I stuck my finger in a light socket some days with the amount of baby hairs I still have 2 years later. They only just started growing since I’ve been pregnant again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • +1 for Five Guys m, Shake Shack, and also Epic Burger (Chicago) amazing!!

Our son was circumsized our next will be as well. On a semi related topic...

I don’t understand why piercing babies ears is such a big deal. Mine were done before I was one and I didn’t mind. If you don’t like it then don’t pierce *your* babies ears. What does it matter either way? That said I do only have boys, but if I had a daughter I would probably do it.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mamamechamamamecha member
    edited January 2018
    @lindsayleigh1989 Treat yo' self and get the big burger. It's 2 patties but I personally always finish it. I tell myself they they're both the same amount of bread but one has more protein... lol

Edited because half my post was deleted, I forget what else I said lol but i always get the bacon cheeseburger and fries.
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I always go for their charburger with cheese and all the fixings. I get fries and a strawberry limeade. They have a San Francisco type burger one sourdough that is soooo good!!! Their sweet potato fries are a good choice too. Also their shakes are quite thick and delicious. I may need to go get one tomorrow. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @zombiehoohaa when you say charburger it makes me think of a place in my hometown in Indiana called Dog N Suds that is a drive in like Sonic. Their burgers and root beers and Coney dogs are amazeballs and now I want them, lol.

Also @lindsayleigh1989 that looks like an amazing Treat Yo' Self moment. 
  • Drivers with headphones, just no and why?!

@lindsayleigh1989 that sounds so relaxing! 
  • We have none of those burger places where I live. I've never had a burger from any of them. But I also now want a burger. Specifically a cheeseburger.
  • I do not like Five Guys.  Never had the other two!  When I'm in FL, I always have to stop at Steak 'n Shake!

Our son is circumcised, although I also don't have strong feelings.  I just worry about him wanting or needing it later in life and how terribly painful that could be.  

The only time I've bathed a baby in the sink is if they've pooped in the tub!  And it's the bathroom sink just to wash them off.  I "registered" (I'm not having a shower, but created them for the coupons since I am starting all over) for a tub that also has a tub seat with it, so when s/he gets older s/he can sit without slipping all over.

I have thin hair, so enjoy some of the extra growth during pregnancy.  And mourn when it all comes out and chewbacca is in my shower :(
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • @WorkinWeezel my husbands grandpa had to be circumcised a few months before we had our son, so that sealed the deal for us! He was in so much pain. 
  • @WorkinWeezel I don't even know what the rest of your post said because I stopped at "Steak N Shake." I grew up in Indiana and I LOVE steak n shake, I even worked there through college and made great money! If there was a steak n shake within 3 hours of Vermont (there isn't) I would have driven there already in this pregnancy, lol. I love the little sliders they have because now i can get a chili 5 way and a couple frisco sliders and not have to decide between the two meals. 
  • @WorkinWeezel and @smashjam Steak N' Shake is thebomb.com/awesome.  I LOVE their frisco burger and cheese fries! 

@lindsayleigh1989 that looks super fantastic.  Hope you had a good night!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @runsomewhere i get what your saying and yeah i agree we still need to celebrate the achievements- of course i do it too. But what I’m talking about are like these extreme friends where it’s all about bring better and rubbing it in your face. Like i even had an old high school friend take professional pictures in her house all made up and carrying her new born with her toddler behind her. It just didn’t sit well for me. I like to see real - it’s more valuable and beautiful for me. I can share a memory with my future DSs wife and say look at what a weirdo he was! Lol 
  • @wildtot Whaaaat? Professional photos of her just walking around the house?? Yeah that's extreme.  I mean yeah, people post very curated photos of their lives on social media. I have to remind myself of that a lot when I feel jealous of people who seem to "have it all" - I'm only seeing the good stuff. It would be nice if people posted more "real" stuff in addition to the nice stuff - a nice mix of the two. 
  • @wildtot I'm with you. While I also hate those accounts that only post about about how hard it is to be a mom, you're never gonna do your hair again, your house is always gonna be a mess, you're gonna be fat forever, etc, I also can't stand the "my child is a genius, here he is reading at 2" or "here's my spotless clean house, so happy I get to be with my kids and take care of the hubby!" In like a 1950 kind of way, lol . It's ok to be proud of accomplishments but if your entire social media experience is focused on showing off how smart your kids are, you're doing it wrong imo!
  • @SmashJam I agree, I get anxiety when my house is a complete mess so I know I'll probably sacrifice something else to find time to keep it at least decent , haha here's hoping!
  •  after this discussion I needed some malt vinegar.

@wildtot come to my house. Or my social media.  You'll see a hot mess and some 1970s flooring. Half finished remodels.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• People who go to the pharmacy line to check out non pharmacy items. In the meantime others are waiting for their prescription. 
  • @wildtot yes, I hate that! If you're going to just buy the lip balm and shampoo that are at the front of the store, just please check out up there. Why come all the way to the back? Those who have to pic up an actual prescription and then wait for the pharmacist to explain it all the while you're miserable and just want to get the medication in the system really don't want to wait any longer than needed. Also, you're making me stand in line with people that might have something contagious for that much longer!
  • I don't think you can compare in n out, five guys and the habit. in n out is fast food (and it's the best of all three, LOL), but really, five guys and the habit are sit down restaurants. Sub-par sit down restaurants ;) 
  • @wildtot I think it's crazy when people do that, or go to customer service. Like your time is so much more important than mine. I also hate when they open a new line and people behind you run over. I WAS HERE WAITING!I should go next!
  • @SmashJam omg yes with the lane opening! I love it when cashiers are brave enough to take control on that
  • @wildtot so does that UO go to people also picking up a prescription? I would give side eye to people buying a whole cart of things at the pharmacy but if I’m picking up a prescription and only need chapstick and shampoo too then I don’t see the problem with doing it while you’re already checking out. 
  • @hillbillywife no i think that’s ok. It’s those who don’t have any business at the pharmacy and only go to check out. I think some places at least limit the item quantity so it helps a bit. 
  • .... Whataburger > in and out burger ;)