July 2018 Moms

UO 1/25

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: UO 1/25

• @lindsayleigh1989 yesssss. I had this same conversation with my mom the other day
  • Loading the player...
  • @lindsayleigh1989 saaaame. I let DH make that decision, he’s got the most experience in that department after all.. 
  • I have a good UO. Please don't take offense, but I just don't understand people who bathe their babies in their kitchen sink!

Again, it has a lot to do with me being from a different country. Aside from the fact our sinks are way smaller in Italy, I just don't see how that is sanitary. Granted tubs are very germy too, but I feel the kitchen sink is way worse with all the different foods that get thrown in there, I clean it often and yet it never feels clean!
  • add me to the I don't really care about circumcision club. DH doesn't want to so if we have a boy we probably won't.  I don't understand people who get all bent out of shape either. Like do what you want for your own kid and stay out of other kid's lives... 

@kissableviv A lot of people do it because it saves their backs from bending over the bathtub.  But I agree with the germy sink. I would be ok doing it in one of those plastic tubs that fit in the sink. But that's also because I've had back problems since I was a teenager.
  • @kissableviv they make tubs to sit over the sink. I think that's what most people refer to as washing their kid in the sink. Usually if they can sit up on their own, you move them to the bath
  • @kissableviv I totally understand that. usually when we have a bigger sink and baby had outgrown the infant tub we did sink but always cleaned it first but it was a way to have a "bath" and waste less water :) 

• Agreed that I really have no opinion on circumcision. My husband and I haven't talked about it, but I would leave it up to him. 

I'm torn on the whole tub vs. sink thing! I've seen these flower-like contraptions you put in the sink to help support baby which seem nice... I just know a lot of babies HATE being in the water.

My UO is that I do NOT get the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I've never watched it fully (a few episodes here and there), and I typically love trashy reality TV, but I just do not understand the appeal. 
  • I had no opinion on circumcision, but my husband did. He wished he was circumcised his whole life, so when we had our son it was a no brainer. I can’t stand when they compare it to female genital mutilation in tribes. Having a doctor perform a circumcision is much different than using a parent using a knife on their daughter. 

My son was such a wiggly worm in the tub I was always afraid he’d wiggle out of my hands, so I started using the sink. I always gave it a thorough cleaning first. 

I can’t think of a UO today, mostly because my head is pounding with the same headache I’ve had since the beginning of this pregnancy. 
  • @powellgirl hugs and headache solidarity

• We circumcised and will again. I left it up to DH to make the final decision. 

I only used used the sink once for bathing forgot why but yeah i scrubbed it like crazy beforehand! 

Still thinking of my UO...

• My sink was never empty enough to bathe my babies in there lol. And now we have a giant one that is less full usually and idk that I’d do it now. Who knows lol. 

We decided to circumcise because H is and all the people we know are, so we didn’t think about not doing it. I don’t care if you choose to or not to. 
  • @powellgirl I’m so sorry you have a headache! They’re so miserable. 
  • @hillbillywife and @lindsayleigh1989 thanks! I’ve lived with headaches my whole life, but I don’t like to take a lot of meds when I’m pregnant. I’ve been limiting the Tylenol to when they’re really bad. With my last pregnancy my headaches and migraines completely went away. I wasn’t so lucky this time. 
  • Regarding sink vs tub, I bought a cheap plastic laundry basket (the kind with holes) and let her stay in there so if she did wiggle out of my hands, she wouldn't fall all the way down. Also I saw an ad for a "baby dam" that helps to save water by damming off the water. I have no idea how well it works, but I am interested
  • @cseley321 I saw that baby dam too! With 2 babies I won’t mind a full tub but it would’ve been great when DS was little. 

I think those flower sink tub things are soo cute but my sink would never be clean enough to use it  :D
  • @zombiehoohaa the habit ALL THE WAY
  • @zombiehoohaa east coaster here, Five Guys everyyyyyy day 
  • No UO right now but third-ing the Five Guys! We have one on my way home from work... sooo hard not to stop every day!
  • @mamamecha if they had a drive through I would probably be 5lbs heavier  :D
  • Sorry ladies I’ve had all 3 and In n Out is still my fav.
  • We definitely would have circumcised if we had boys and totally agree on not buying the in n out hype. Shake shack is sooo much better! 

My UO is that as someone with a lot of long thick hair (literally I get it professionally thinned every 2-3 months, it takes like a full 24 hours to dry on its own) I cannot wait for that postpartum hair falling out I’ve read about. Seriously if it gets me near a normal amount of hair it’ll be the best thing about pregnancy after the babies, obviously 
  • @devilcat139 feel free to send some hair over this way! I’m DREADING bald spots again, and my sisters wedding will be 6mo pp.  :s
  • In n Out all the way!!

my UO: I actually don't mind when people comment on my belly and want to rub it. Maybe because it's my first and I'm just so damn proud of this belly :) 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @acunamatada I would love to if I could! LEt me know if science figures out a way :)
  • Just to clarify, I'm talking about the burgers from In n Out. If we are discussing fries or shakes from In n Out, I'm all for it! mmm...a Neapolitan shake from In n Out with animal fries...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• The key with Five Guys is to take a bite of burger then insert fries while you're still chewing. Magical combination. Came out sounding way grosser than I thought but seriously just try it!
  • Five Guys or Shake Shack for me! In N Out is ok, but a bit over rated. 

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Damn it now I need a burger 
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited January 2018
    +1 to FIve Guys being the best, although I dunno what The Habit is. 

I also would not try and convince people one way or another on circumcision. To each their own! We did not circumcise, however, and my hubs was the one against it 100%. I was the one that was  worried he would be mocked for ever and no one would want to have sex with him, so he looked up stats and apparently its pretty 50/50 on circumcision in the US these days, so I deferred to him. It was all about the nerves you lose for him, because he is always thinking about sex.

Also @hillbillywife I definitely never have an empty enough sink to put a baby in it, lol. My MIL has a beautiful farmhouse sink that she def bathed DS in when he was a tiny baby but hers is always empty, and its bigger. Maybe if I had a farmhouse sink...

ETA: clarifying words
  • We definitely would have circumcised if we had boys and totally agree on not buying the in n out hype. Shake shack is sooo much better! 

My UO is that as someone with a lot of long thick hair (literally I get it professionally thinned every 2-3 months, it takes like a full 24 hours to dry on its own) I cannot wait for that postpartum hair falling out I’ve read about. Seriously if it gets me near a normal amount of hair it’ll be the best thing about pregnancy after the babies, obviously 
    I have similar issues... and ended up only losing hair around my temples and getting half spots on either side... two years later and I have what my husband refers to as devil horns because the regrowth isn't long enough to stay down when I wear my hair up ... be careful what you wish for!
  • @devilcat139 PP hair is no joke even with a lot of super thick hair. My hair is heavy and thick and i seriously though i was going to go bald. So much baby hair now! 
  • @KatyF0813 I’m the same way! I had lots of thick hair and lost a ton after DS. I have major devil horn! The bald spots took forever to start growing back. 

+1 for five guys!
  • i want a burger now :( 

• i want a burger now :( 
    4deep said:
    Damn it now I need a burger 
    Feed into those cravings ladies! It was worth it!!!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @zombiehoohaa just opened a 5 guys buy us so I plan on stopping on my way to work. 

what do you all reccomend getting? 

• Jeez I already have those devil horns-I’ve had them my whole life from baby hair that just never grew I guess. Fingers crossed they don’t get worse!