Infertility

January 2018 IUI

13»

Re: January 2018 IUI

• @FutureMrsMerati Nope, like Gonal F or Letrozole after the Clomid, but before the trigger :) 
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Guuuyyyys, AF arrived on Friday! I was so sad. I'm dusting myself now and preparing for my next IUI for next month. I have an appt this Friday 2/2 for an HSG.

@RVAmom315 How are you doing today? Btw, I've been meaning to ask you, on the 1st week of our TWW, you mentioned here that you felt you were out. What was it that made you feel that way that made you have that prediction early on. I was curious but kept forgetting to ask you.
  • Loading the player...
  • @tinjp78 There’s nothing specific that happened or didn’t happen to make me feel that way, I think it’s just the fact that I’ve been trying for over a year, and IUIs have such a small success rate. I guess expecting bad news helps guard my heart. I’m sorry AF showed - I started my Clomid for one more IUI next week (2/8 most likely) and then we’ll start thinking IVF, but we may not do it until this summer. GL with your HSG! Take some ibuprofen beforehand there can be cramping afterwards.
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @RVAmom315 I didn’t realize you did injectables, too. ((Hugs)) Hopefully you find peace with your next steps. 

@futuremrsmerati I do 50mg clomid+injectables+trigger. Injectables for IUI are typically Gonal-F or Follistem, as well as the Ovidrel trigger shot. 
  • @RVAmom315 thanks for your answer. I'm sorry this month wasn't it for us. I understand now that stress management plays a really vital part in all this that we are doing. Up until this last cycle I haven't really voiced out to my DH that I get so easily emotionally affected by just taking my BBT, but I have to do it because our clinic requires everyone. We both have resolved to maintain a neutral attitude towards our ART procedures and take each day at a time with a calm and peaceful mind...easier said than done I guess :smiley:
  • I caved and took a pregnancy test last night -- damn the Sunday boredom!  It was negative, although I might have seen the faintest line to indicate positive, but that could have been my eyes playing tricks on me.  It was only 9 days post-IUI and (Fri 1/19) and 11 days post-Ovidrel trigger shot (Wed 1/17). I am not optimistic for a positive beta, but going Fri 2/2 unless AF arrives first.  Last month she didn't arrive when expected, but it was due to the progesterone. 

As Jan cycle winds down for most of us, I wish us all much fertility and luck in Feb!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @rooonilwaazlib Were you testing out your trigger? (I'm sorry I forgot!) I know my RE told me it takes about 12 days for the trigger to get out of our system, however with my first IUI it was out a LOT earlier than that. FX for you!!!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • edited January 2018
    @RVAmom315 I figured it would have given me a false positive if I was, but there was basically nothing there.  I took another (cheaper) pregnancy test this AM (2 days later) and it came up negative.  Womp womppppp!

(Edited to tag because I always forget to do that!)

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• @rooonilwaazlib Sorry for the BFN, FX your beta will tell a different story!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @rooonilwaazlib I'm sorry for the bfn. I'm also hoping for a nice surprise on your beta day. Pls keep us posted. 
  • Hello all. I am new to here. I am on my 2nd IUI cycle. Still very new to this so not sure what goid or not. I had 1 follicle at 22.5 and one at 12 my belly feels pressure. Also lining was 7.9. Are these normal sizes? Baby dust to all
  • @rooonilwaazlib GL tomorrow!  I have a beta tomorrow, too. Testing out the trigger was brutal for me. It was fine, until that blank test. I forgot had sad it was to see a blaring negative. So, I didn’t test ahead of beta. FX for you. 
  • A bit of good news here, my HOMA-IR results came back and it's normal! Also, I just had my 2nd HSG and there is no problem! Yay!! It's just that I already have a couple of 10mm follicles and a trilaminar uterus so early on my cycle of CD8. So, I'd be taking some meds to slow down this progression. IUI #2 here we go :wink:
  • BFN for us this month....bummerrrr.  Cya all in the February IUI board! Glad to have the support of all of you even if wI don't have a fetus growing inside me this month! <3