Infertility
Options

January 2018 IUI

Re: January 2018 IUI

• Options
    @tinjp78 Sorry to hear that - it must be very stressful. Maybe an allergic reaction to the antibiotics? Do you have to take them for long? Hopefully you can get in touch with your doctor soon.

I'm doing fine. I promised myself not to go crazy with symptom spotting, and that's been easy because I have no symptoms at all... 8 dpiui and friday is just around the corner! My LP is normally really short (~ 8 days), so I'm on full alert for AF signs this week (though the progesterone is supposed to help with that). 
    About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• Options
    @tinjp78 Yikes! I hope it clears up and isn’t anything serious!

@scikap FX for you! Are you getting a beta or just testing?

AFM I’m doing OK. I’m eh this cycle, already figuring I’m not KU. It’s weird but it helps me cope
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @scikap I'm already done with the antibiotics and the condition of my face got better, although it still gets itchy at times so that leaves me to suspect the Duphaston to be the culprit. Woah! 8dpiui ... I'm hoping and praying for a good result on your upcoming beta.

@RVAmom315 it's probably still early to tell. I'll be keeping my hopes up for you.
  • Options
    @tinjp78 Sorry about the reaction!  I feel you- I am appeartly a rare oddity that is allergic to letrozole. I had blistering hives on my whole body this past weekend. 

@RVAmom315 ((Hugs)) I hope this is your cycle. I’m sorry that you’re feeling down to protect your heart with coping. 

@scikap Fx for you!

AFM, as noted above, I am allergic to letrozole. I had resigned and made peace with cancelling this cycle. However, RE switched me to clomid and said it wasn’t a lost cause of a cycle. I’m nervous that if it fails, we will have “what if’s.”  I’m sure that no matter why or what happens, when cycles fail, there are always those thoughts. 

Man, after I took the clomid last night-holy grumpiness!  I’ve also been super gassy on meds. I start injecting gonal-f this evening. I was annoyed I have to go pick up the box from Fed Ex after work. However, I get why they make a signature required. 
  • Options
    @jrm_14 Ugh. I'm sorry - that just looks miserable! Has it cleared up any since you've stopped the letrozole? I wasn't grumpy on Clomid (although DH may beg to differ) but I have hot flashes like you wouldn't believe!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited January 2018
    @RVAmom315 It is mostly gone now. There’s a few lonely patches. I feel 1000x better today. MH is unamused with my grump :D
  • Options
    @jrm_14 I'm glad to hear that those nasty hives are clearing up. IF is already an awful path to treck but still we have to face added issues like allergies and the meds playing on our emotions...geesh...the fun never stops. I'm sorry that you had to cancel your cycle this time. But I'm glad that you had peace with that decision, which is really important in this whole thing. I hope and pray that your body would soon recover and you'd be more prepared for your next cycle. Rest well friend.

AFM, I just got up and took my bbt. It was 36.87 deg cel yesterday morning and now it is 36.76. I'm feeling down. I know that bbt isn't so reliable when we're on our ART meds, they tend to make our temping wonky, but the number just attacked me and filled me with hopelessness. I know what I should do, hope, trust and bathe these emotions and situation with prayer because there really isn't much I can do. Sorry for my rant on a tiny matter. I'm sure other women are experiencing more challenging issues than my battle with my thermometer. I'll just chill today and meditate and pray for me and for everybody else on this board.
  • Options
    @jrm_14 ick sorry about the bad reaction to letrozole! Hope the new meds work out and you can still have a good try this cycle

@tinjp78 I totally understand with the temping. When I saw how up and down my temps were early this cycle (while on Puregon injections), I stopped temping altogether. I just knew it would make me crazy later! It's been nice actually, not worrying about temping at the same time every day. (I usually wake up really early on weekdays, so that meant setting a really early alarm on weekends too). Don't worry too much. Temp is super unreliable with what we're putting our bodies through with all the meds! Hoping for the best for you. 

As for me, nothing going on here. No AF cramps (good!) no other pg signs at all (meh!). Two days until beta. So far I haven't tested at home. I'm too worried about a false result (either neg or pos) - for now I'm planning to wait until the bw. Don't even have a POAS test in the cupboard atm! But I'm tempted every day for sure! 

How's everyone else feeling?
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    EDD April 2/19

• Options
    CD 14 - Had bloodwork and sono to monitor today.  3 follicles growing large and in charge! Size 21.5, 18, and 20 - up from 18, 16, and 14 yesterday.  my lining = 10.  We think tomorrow will be IUI day! I was on clomid days 5-9, and will trigger when they tell me to!  FX for this 2nd IUI cycle being a fertile one!  

Happy hump day, all!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    @rooonilwaazlib Nice follie sizes! GL tomorrow! FX this is the one

@scikap FX for your beta! I don't have a beta - they just tell me to call if I get a +hpt (well call either way, but they'll do a beta if I get a +) AF is usually pretty reliable, so I may get it before I have a chance to test (Friday 1/26) I haven't tested the last couple cycles because I'd rather see AF than a stark white test. 
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited January 2018
    @scikap oooh! Your beta is so near! I'm proud of you for being so brave and not giving in to hpt. I've already given up on believing symptoms while on ART. But even though how hard I ignore them, I keep on playing the game of symptom spotting because the pain makes it harder to turn a blind eye. I hope for a very good beta for you. I'll be waiting for your update.

@rooonilwaazlib Your follies are great and everything else seems like you are good to go. Sending lots of good vibes your way! GL on your trigger and IUI.

AFM, 6dpiui now and feeling blue. Temp has gone down from yesterday's 36.76 to 36.70 today. Temping is like hpt, both are to be avoided but DH still wants me to continue temping but strictly prohibited me from POAS. Yesterday was so awful, my right hip, at the area of my hip bone and lower back had intermittent sharp pains THE WHOLE DAY! I thought it could be gas or something so I was googling the whole time. I just got tired. And atm I'm still having small aches over there like it's preparing to give me a second round of ouch. Tomorrow, I'll be at the clinic to get some bw. Dr. wants me to get tested for my insulin and blood sugar level. DH is off work so he'll be with me, actually we're always together everytime we go there. 
  • Options
    So I finally got DH's sperm wash numbers (pre and post wash). So his FIRST SA that he got back in June 2017 his volume was 2ml volume and had 75 mil sperm. This one he just had had 2 ml volume and almost 200 mil sperm. WHAT? Damn good vitamins I guess!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    We triggered last night!  IUI scheduled for tomorrow AM.  I feel like I'm getting a cold, and my RE's office is closed now so I can't ask them...any suggestions on what to do? What should/shouldn't I take? Will this affect my potential success rates?  Ugh curse the post-nasal drip!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• Options
    @RVAmom315 Yeah, those are hard core vitamins he got there! :smiley:

@rooonilwaazlib Yay for trigger, boo for that cold. I can't recommend anything for you to take but I'd suggest drinking lots of water and sleeping early. I also always feel like catching a cold whenever I'm on major IF meds around some really important dates like my FET or even now-IUI. I hope you'd feel better soon and I'd be thinking of you tomorrow on your IUI!!! Lots of sticky stick vibes your way!!
  • Options
    Thanks @tinjp78! That's what I've been doing, as well as drinking a lot of hot tea.  I'm trying to treat my body like it's pregnant...that includes going easy on the cold meds.  Thanks for the sticky wishes. I hope you're feeling better now!

• Options
    well got my negative beta :(:( 
    I've been feeling nauseous all day, and I was just convincing myself that it was possible I could be pg, when I got the call with the negative news. Maybe I'm coming down with something, or maybe it's just the progesterone causing the nausea. 

I was obviously hoping we'd get this done on the first try, but I'm trying to stay positive that we have a good chance of it working next time. 

We're taking next cycle off because we have a sunny vacation planned. I plan to relax as much as possible and come back ready for the next try. 

@rooonilwaazlib hope your IUI went well today! fx for you!

EDD April 2/19

• Options
    @scikap I'm sorry for the BFN. I hope you have an amazing vacation!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @scikap I'm sorry for the negative beta. I wish that nasty nausea would go away soon. That sunny vacation seems like a wonderful getaway, get lots and lots of rest and relaxation and treat your body well. I'll be cheering you on on your next try.
  • Options
    @scikap thanks!  Enjoy your vacation!  I wish I was headed somewhere warm and sunny right now!  Self-care is soooo important.  Good for you for taking a break from all this stress!  

IUI went well today.  We had 5million spermcicles with 100% motility! 3 follicles to potentially get fertilized.  YAYZ! Feeling nauseous for two days, I think it's the trigger shot combined with the oncoming cold/post-nasal drip.  FX for a restful weekend for us all, and some baby making for those of us in the TWW!

• Options
    @rooonilwaazlib Hooray for a smooth IUI! Congratulations!
  • Options
    FYI for your cold/flu and possibly pregnant season:
    Update from the nurse at my clinic - We're really not supposed to take anything for a cold besides tylenol for aches/pains, and plain robitussin if I'm coughing.  Looks like I'll be de-boogering my sinuses with my good ol fashioned neti-pot! I took one nyquil pill and one dayquil pill yesterday before I realized I probably shouldn't...but they it's okay.  I only had my IUI on Friday so slim chance I've even conceived yet (if at all).

• Options
    @rooonilwaazlib Good to hear that you got an answer from your nurse but I'm sorry that you are still coping with you colds. I really do hope that you'd feel better soon. How about some nice hot chicken soup, that might do the trick.
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I just introduced myself on the main board and wanted to post here in solidarity, as we're undergoing our next IUI next week following a chemical pregnancy. Struggling between feeling grateful and hopeful that we finally had a positive pregnancy test and had successfully conceived after over a year of trying, and feeling so sad about the loss I can hardly think straight. Coupled with the fact that two of my Facebook friends disclosed their pregnancies over the weekend, I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from social media.

Considering the chemical pregnancy, my doctor is putting me on 100mg of Clomid, Ovadrel trigger shots and following up with Crinone progesterone suppositories. Has anyone else had progesterone suppositories with their IUIs? Hopeful it will help us to have a stickier baby this time around... 
  • Options
    @FutureMrsMerati I'm sorry for your loss. And social media can be awful when you are struggling with a loss and IF. Welcome to our little corner of the Internet - a place where no one wants to be, but you won't find a better group of ladies. Good luck with your IUI. I have no experience with progesterone suppositories, maybe one of the other ladies will. Keep us updated!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @FutureMrsMerati Hello and welcome to our group. I'm sorry about your loss but I'm happy that you had a plan to move forward and keep on trying. In this journey, there are so many things that would leave us hopeless and feeling defeated, but we are not going to let that beat us. This board has helped me go through some of my toughest times and I'm sure you'll get the same support.

As for the progesterone suppositories, I had them on my last IVF (bfn). But not on this IUI. I'm on Duphaston, it's an oral progestin medication which treats my chocolate cyst and has progesterone.
  • Options
    @scikap Sorry for the BFN :( Enjoy your vacation. 

@rooonilwaazlib How is your cold doing?

@RVAmom315 Thinking of you!  How is the final stretch of TWW going?  

@FutureMrsMerati Welcome & so sorry for your loss. ((Internet stranger hugs)). I had my first IUI today and am doing crinone vaginally beginning Thursday morning, twice a day. I’ll be on it until BFN or 10 weeks. 

AFM, I’ve been a slacking bumper!  Friday, u/s showed 3 follies ( final report said 14,15.5,16).  I Triggered Monday morning at 1am!  The actual IUI was fine. I expected it to feel like a PAP. I felt the speculum slide in and the catheter inserted, though hardly anything else. However, from about 45 minutes afterwards to currently, I’m having some annoying cramping. Beta on the 2md & 5th. 

Can we discuss how awkward it was to sign in MH for his appt and how awkward it was to wait and how awkward the guy was that checked us in and how awkward it was when it took MH less than 5 minutes?  Ugggggghg

• Options
    @jrm_14 Congrats on your IUI. Sending lots of sticky vibes your way! :smile:
  • Options
    @jrm_14 I’m feeling better-ish. It’s moved down to my chest, so at least it’s heading out!

So excited for you and your first IUI! And welcome to your first TWW. It is agony!  Especially trying to wait to take a pregnancy test because logically you know the trigger shot will mess anything up before at least 11-12 days post-injection.   :# Have fun and best of luck to you!!! 

• Options
    @jrm_14 Glad the IUI went well! And omg I know how awkward it is with your DH’s part of it! My favorite was going back into the waiting room with the paper bag to wait to get called back for the procedure. Good times lol.

I’m feeling ok. I’m supposed to test on Friday but usually my period comes first thing so I may not get a chance. I’m having pre AF cramping so I’m thinking I’m out. I’ll go in for a CD 3 u/s (and hopefully b/w) and to decide if we’ll do another IUI or start the IVF process.

Good luck - they make you come in for 2 betas?!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @RVAmom315 I've been having AF symptoms too from the beginning of this week. I'm getting anxious of playing the game of "is it gonna come today or am I PG?" TWW is truly something. I haven't touched any of my HPTs and I'll just wait. I don't have a sched for beta, dr just told us to call the clinic is AF comes. I'm hoping for all the best to all of you who are now on their TWW! 
  • Options
    @tinjp78 FX for you! I'm out - started spotting last night, AF should be here at some point today (one day early, oh joy!) Waiting for full flow to call and schedule my CD 3 u/s and trying to decide whether to do another IUI or get going with IVF.
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @RVAmom315 so sorry to hear about your BFN.  Curse that AF and all the misery she brings, but onward to the next cycle! <3

• Options
    Thank you @rooonilwaazlib - I have everything crossed for you!

TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @RVAmom315 I would have been mortified with the paper bag!  Luckily, they washed it and put it in a cath and gave it to the doctor. 
    Uggggh, all of the Hugs. I am so sorry this was not it. Are you on progesterone post IUI?  
  • Options
    @jrm_14 Nope no progesterone or monitoring afterwards
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @RVAmom315 @jrm_14 @tinjp78 Thanks so much ladies for your kind words and encouragement! We all know this process is so intense and can be so difficult, I've got everything crossed that we'll all have great news soon  <3

I've got my ultrasound on Monday where we'll schedule our next IUI. Hoping for lots and lots of of follicles :) For those of who are currently taking or have previously taken Clomid, I'm curious to know what dosage you take and how many follicles you usually get? Our first IUI was with 50 mg and I only had one mature follicle, last time they bumped me up to 100 mg and I had two follicles (one of which resulted in our BFP). My doctor mentioned that if the Clomid is working, increasing the dosage won't necessarily do anything for you besides worsening your side effects. Not sure if I believe that explanation or not.
  • Options
    @FutureMrsMerati First IUI I was on 50mg and maybe got one decent sized follie (I went in for my follie check on CD 12 and I had a 14 and 2 12's). Second IUI I was on 100mg and got 2 really good, 1 good (16, 17 and 14) that was the day before I triggered, and IUI 36 hours later, so I was probably closer to 18-19 at the end. Now I'm onto my third IUI and we're sticking with the 100mg. Doc says that they aim to have 2-3 good follicles. I'm going in for CD 13 monitoring this time around, so it'll be interesting to see how big they are at that point. I also do injectibles - do you?
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    welcome @FutureMrsMerati and best wishes this cycle. I'm already out this cycle, but lurking around to cheer all of you on :) Re: progesterone. I was on suppositories following my recent (failed) IUI. My clinic makes them in-house, and I was taking 200 mg twice a day. I have LPD (often only 8 days) and the progesterone definitely helped with that as I got to 12 days dpIUI, which is when I got the negative beta and stopped taking the pg. AF came a couple of days later. I had no real side effects from the pg, except that AF has been super heavy and awful (just the icing on the cake after bfn!)

@RVAmom315 sorry about bfn and good luck to you in big decision about what to do next
    EDD April 2/19

• Options
    @scikap Thank you - are you doing another IUI in Feb?
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @RVAmom315 The only injectibles I do are blood thinners (have a history of DVT so am taking them as a precaution) and the Ovidrel trigger shot. Are those the types of injectibles you're talking about, or are you on something different?