Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 01/31

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:
Cycle Day/DPO:
Timing:
Typical LP length:
Testing:
R/R:
CS/Q:
GTKY: If i were to hand you $100 right now, what would you spend it on?

Re: TWW Wednesday 01/31

• Month/Cycle: 11/11
    Cycle Day/DPO: 21/possibly 1
    Timing: Really good 
    Typical LP length: 13
    Testing: Next Saturday, the 10th, before a family event
    R/R: Staff meetings all day today and tomorrow so stuck in the office which I don’t love but a few of us are going out to dinner tonight which will be nice. 
    CS/Q: No chart this month - basing O off OPKs which is interesting since I really have no idea if I actually O’d or not!
    GTKY: If i were to hand you $100 right now, what would you spend it on? Shoes - I’ve been trying to find a nice and comfortable pair of heels for my upcoming work trip and have had no luck so far, which I’m sure is partly because I’m cheap and won’t look at the expensive shoes!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• edited January 2018
    THANK.GOD.JANUARY.IS.ALMOST.OVERRRRRRRR!

Month/Cycle: 4/4
    Cycle Day/DPO: 22/8
    Timing: meh
    Typical LP length: 14 days
    Testing: I am giving myself major anxiety right now wanting to pee on something.  Is this how dogs feel?

R/R: I had the most embarrassing experience yesterday.  I had a cavity filled at lunch yesterday, so half my face was numb.  They gave me very specific instructions not to eat for 1-3 hours until the numbness went away, so i wouldn't accidentally bite myself.  I made it an hour (lol) before i was so hungry i was going to rage, so i started eating my sandwich trying to only use one side of my mouth because i was still numb.  Needless to say, that was a mess.  But also, i apparently did bite my lip, because that risk is legit, and proceed to bleed everywhere, still not knowing i had bit it because i felt nothing.  so i am sitting at my desk, bleeding from the mouth, all over my shirt, when i finally look down, notice the bloody shirt and piece it all together.  I spent the rest of the day hiding, looking like i got in fist fight.  Even today, i look like i got a botched lip job.  i hate everything.

CS/Q:
    A  nice dinner with my husband.  I feel like we are two ships passing in the night as of late, because basically we are two ships, randomly passing in the night, to bang on pre-scheduled days.  I am so happy its basically Feb. and our work schedules will be less brutal.

@elothair - yay, glad you are in the TWW! i always rely on OPK's because my temps are consistently erratic. Good luck on finding travel shoes- good shoes can make or break a trip, especially when running through airports!
  • Loading the player...
  • @elothair - FX for Saturday!
    @jengibre_zorro - Ouch! I hope your lip isn't in pain today! I agree waiting to eat after dental work is harrrrd!

Month/Cycle: 2/3
    Cycle Day/DPO: 19/6
    Timing: LOTS
    Typical LP length: 14-ish
    Testing: BFN this morning... Why did I even test?? 
    R/R: People who don't do their jobs so it causes a backlog of work for me...
    CS/Q: Nothing to see really. Temps are crawling up up up!
    GTKY: If I were to hand you $100 right now, what would you spend it on? I would honesty probably hoard it. And then spend it on fishy stuff!
  • @jengibre_zorro Yes to January being almost over! But also, February sucks too. Ugh.
    @kimberbeep I think I tested around 6dpo too and of course it was BFN. I'm not even sure why I thought a test was a good idea at that point. Lol 

Month/Cycle: 7/5 (1 loss 1 benched)
    Cycle Day/DPO: 32/11
    Timing: Good
    Typical LP length: no idea
    Testing: Probably one more time on Friday if AF doesn't start by then, but expecting a BFN.
    R/R: Ready for AF to get here! Yesterday I made the decision to finally get a tattoo to mark this time in my life. The MC has been such a difficult thing to journey through, but I feel like God has really walked it with me and I want to remember that. I have a general design picked and a person that I want to do it if she has time. I'm just really excited. I should probably think about it more since it's my first tattoo, but I don't really care. Anyways, I can't get it until I am 100% sure I'm not KU so I have to wait for either AF to show or that BFN on Friday before I can move forward with it. Obviously I would love to be surprised and have a BFP, but I actually have a reason to look forward to a BFN now! Yay!
    CS/Q: 
    GTKY: If i were to hand you $100 right now, what would you spend it on? My new tattoo! But on a normal day I would just save it. DH and I are extreme savors to an unhealthy extent.  
  • @elothair ugh I don't even remember the last time I wore heels. Good luck on that shopping adventure!
    @jengibre_zorro ditto on the Jan sentiments. I am so sorry about your bloody adventure, and sorry for being the worst because I definitely laughed out loud at my desk. I hope it's funny in hindsight! :)
    @acciocoffee ohhh tattoos! I have a few in some discrete spots (feet) and still love them to this day. Some were also out of tough life circumstances (though nowhere near this level of tough), so I hope they hold the same symbolism for you and serve as that special badge for your strength and journey. That said, more hoping you get the BFP than the tattoo!

Month/Cycle: 2/2
    Cycle Day/DPO: 24/3
    Timing: -5, -3, -1, 0, +2
    Typical LP length: 13
    Testing: nada
    R/R: Gonna get to the gym over lunch today, so that's exciting!
    CS/Q: nada
    GTKY: If i were to hand you $100 right now, what would you spend it on? I'd be tempted to pocket it for awhile, maybe take H out for a drink. But I should spend it on a new bathing suit for the upcoming girls trip. Why are suits so expensive!?!
  • @acciocoffee - I have two small tattoos that I got during difficult times in my life as well. Though I hope you get a positive, it's nice you have something to look forward to and "distract" you if you don't. I'm going to try to hold out testing again until my birthday, which will be at 12DPO, so if I get a negative I'm treating myself to Starbucks! 
  • Month/Cycle: 5/3 (EP followed by 1 benched cycle)
    Cycle Day/DPO: 33/11
    Timing: was great
    Typical LP length: 13 days
    Testing: this morning BFN just WFAF so I can try again for Nov
    R/R: we're staying with my parents right now while our house is being built,  and my mom is flying back today from New Orleans and bringing me ban beneits since I took them to the airport at 3:45am. She better not even think about stepping foot off that airplane without them. 
    Just going to put this here

CS/Q: Can any of us catch a break this month?  
    Probably give it to my H. Just bought me a car so I'm helping pay it down.  Or buy furniture/decor. I REALLY want a automatic soap dispenser (Is this something people in their 30's say?)  
  • @chopchop25 I'm getting it on my upper forearm so I figure I can always wear a jacket if I want to cover it up. I've always avoided tattoos because I was afraid I would regret them when I'm all old and wrinkly, but at that point my skin will be gross anyways so tattoos won't change that. 
    @kimberbeep I think since I had a BFN at 10dpo I am probably out for this cycle. I know crazier things have happened, but *tw* when I got my BFP in October it was a dark positive at I think 12dpo or earlier. But it's nice to have a reason to be somewhat thankful for BFN for once! I couldn't get my tattoo for 9 months otherwise (I think).
    @galactickates Sorry for the BFN! I couldn't even bring myself to test again this morning. I'm tired of staring at the tests until I start making up fake second lines. I have heard that beneits are really good so enjoy them!

• Month/Cycle:
    1/1 after loss

Cycle Day/DPO:
    22/8

Timing:
    good

Typical LP length:
    12 days

Testing:
    FRER tomorrow morning.  If negative I’ll use cheapies until AF.  I have a feeling this cycle is a no go. 

R/R:
    I have to be at work at 6:30 tomorrow  :s

CS/Q:
    nah

Probably just go out to eat.  Food is so
    much better when you don’t have to cook it.  

I’ll be back later for tags! 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @acciocoffee - believe me,  I'm tired of staring at no's too.... but the POS addiction is a very real thing for me.  "Just one more... it's FMU.. just maybe.....????!!?"
  • @elothair You should check out Life Stride heels. I get them at DSW or on their website. They are reqsonably priced, and their wedge heels are super comfortable!
    @jengibre_zorro Sorry about the bloody lip yesterday!! I hope lunch today is much more enjoyable for you  :D
    @kimberbeep Sorry about the BFN...hopefully it is still way too early and you have a nice surprise on your Bday!!
    @acciocoffee I really like your tattoo idea. I don’t have any tattoos either, but I think they can be very cool when they have good meaning and reminders behind them.
    @chopchop25 GL swim suit shopping! I hate most shopping, but I think shopping for suits in the worst...
    @galactickates So Sorry about the BFN this morning. I hope you enjoy the beneits!
    @coco2787 Do you at least get to leave early when you go in so early?  I always hate early start days.

Month/Cycle: 2/2
    Cycle Day/ DPO: 22/4 (I think)
    Timing: good
    Typical LP length: not sure yet
    Testing: Trying to WFAF but probably next weekend if AF doesn’t show before then
    R/R: nothing new here. I have no motivation at work today, but all is quiet right now on the directors fighting so I’m hoping we are past that for now...that is definitely a rave!
    CS/Q: none
    GTKY: I would probably use it for a nice night out with DH...or to buy new work clothes. I feel like I always wear the same thing!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @jengibre_zorro I can't believe it's already almost February! February will be a crazy busy month for me as well since I'll be gone half of it for work so for me I can't wait for March!
    @kimberbeep I have tested at 6dpo before too - sucker for punishment! 
    @acciocoffee I keep saying I am going to get a new tattoo to symbolize where I'm at in my infertility journey but same thing - I can't make an appointment too far out just in case I'm KU and walk-in places here suck! I have a few other tattoos already so I feel like it makes sense to mark this milestone as well.
    @chopchop25 I hate bathing suit shopping (along with every other woman I'm guessing) and it's crazy they charge you so much to make you feel horrible about your body in their awful florescent lighting!
    @galactickates Beignets are life. They are always one of my first stops at Disneyland - I am waiting for the day I can get one from New Orleans!
    @coco2787 I always do the opposite - cheapies until closer to AF and then a FRER like 1-2 days before. I feel like your way makes more sense!
    @spartan4life Thanks - I will check those out!! I don't think I can get away with a wedge for the event but I'm thinking I can pass with a kitten heel. Woohoo for a quiet period in the fighting - hopefully it isn't the calm before the storm.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @galactickates I'm so sorry for the BFN, that sucks. Hopefully that beignet is waiting for you when you get home!
    @acciocoffee upper forearm sounds awesome! Sometimes parlors will do free black ink touch up, too, over the years so that can always help w/ the aging process. The lines all blur a little over time, regardless, so don't let aging discourage you!
    @kimberbeep I missed earlier, but so sorry about the BFN.
    @coco2787 Fx for your FRER tomorrow! And ew, no one should have to go in at 6:30.

• @kimberbeep - somebody needs to keep the makers of internet cheapies in business, might as well be us!
    @acciocoffee - i love the tattoo idea!  I have three tattoos, all of which tie into times of difficulty.  Please share the design with us when it happens! (hopefully later rather than sooner - good luck testing Friday!)
    @chopchop25 - i totally deserve to be laughed at!  And i agree about swimsuits - how do they charge SO much for so little??
    @galactickates - sorry about the BFN, hopefully that amazingly delicious looking treat brings you some comfort
    @coco2787 - good luck tomorrow!
    @spartan4life - i am also struggling with motivation today.  I blame January!

• Can I add an additional rant for today? Not only are bathing suits expensive, so are freaking Eagles decorations. Plates and napkins are sold out EVERYWHERE, and where it's left it would cost me like $30. Stupid supply and demand laws.
    (end rant)
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited January 2018
    Lurking.

@jengibre_zorro You didn't taste blood?

@chopchop25 That happens usually when retailers didn't think a team would win so they didn't stock up. The reason I know this is because I run into this same issue every Super Bowl, a day after the game. You might want to try partycity.com They are in stock right now for at least a few things. I'd hurry!

Napkins; https://www.partycity.com/philadelphia-eagles-lunch-napkins-36ct-501540.html?q=eagles napkin

Decor Penants; https://www.partycity.com/philadelphia-eagles-pennants-8ct-299496.html?q=eagles&lang=en_US&start=5

Plastic cups; https://www.partycity.com/philadelphia-eagles-favor-cup-755003.html?q=eagles&lang=en_US&start=4

Just get regular plates or super bowl LII plates. Nobody will care. You can also get general Super Bowl LII decor. Or footballs. Hang footbally things. As long as there is beer and the game on, everyone will be happy ;)

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Hahah oh my gosh @suzycupcake you are amazing! I had wanted to get Eagles specific things for H b/c he's a huge fan and Philly native. It's all the better that I'm a New Englander, so we're having a ton of fun with this game.
    Sadly I went to your links and they're sold out when you try to check out, but thank you so much for your quick research! :) Maybe I'll just bake something green and white for him! (And red and blue on the other side...duh!)
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited January 2018
    Oh weird. It doesn't say out of stock like other stuff until you try to add it to the cart. Sorry.

I completely understand. MH is a Pats fan. Maybe you could bake chocolate cupcakes, use green frosting in the shape of a football and white for the finger line things on it. Something similar to this:

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @elothair I hope you enjoyed your dinner!  Save those FRER tests!

@jengibre_zorro sorry about your mouth :(  I feel you on January being almost over, the last week dragged on so much.

@kimberbeep I've tested at 6 DPO before too.  The urge to pee on sticks is strong.

@acciocoffee I like the idea of getting a tattoo.  I'd love to see your design once you decide if you feel like sharing.

@chopchop25 I got my last suit at Athleta because I finally acknowledged I needed something to properly control my boobs.  It was $$ but I do love it.  Buying in the off season sometimes helps if you can find good clearance stuff.

@galactickates those look delicious!  I hope AF shows up soon so you can move forward.

@spartan4life yes, I do get to leave a little early to make up for it, thank god.

Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @suzycupcake - the blood taste was masked by the sandwich I was (trying to) eat.  I’m a monster!
  • People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI