June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments (1/15)

13»

Re: Weekly Appointments (1/15)

• Options
    @Austenista I was just wondering where you had been. I'm so sorry you have to wait, and I hope you get answers sooner rather than later.  
  • Options
    @Austenista so sorry you're going through this. FWIW, a friend who is due in May had her NIPT done early on and it came back high risk. The doctor that gave her the results was confident the results were accurate. They found another dr and had a amnio done and that came back negative. All of her scans have looked great. 

I hope you can get more answers soon. Hugs!
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No good experience or advice @Austenista , but just wanted to say I’m thinking of you. Hope you get answers soon!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @Austenista lots of hugs and fx for you. I have definitely read how unreliable the tests are. I hope they move along quickly for you so you can have some relief.
  • Options
    @austenista I hope these results come back quickly for you.  After I had my b/w done I googled frantically about results (before I even received mine) and saw that the false positive rate was higher than what I'd assumed.  FX for you!
  • Options
    @mytinc I think about this a lot with my MIL. MH was born with a cleft lip and palate as well as his fingers on both hands webbed together and undeveloped (obviously not as life threatening as CHD or other defects) but in 1988 they had no prenatal testing or ultrasounds. I can't imagine how emotional it would be to have your expectations shattered like that. Idk how many surgeries MH had but his mom counts the number of times he had to go under anesthesia and it was 20 before the age of 2. 

I'm glad you were able to emotionally and physically prepare yourself for your son's condition.  
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @Austenista Thinking of you. <3 I hope your test result come back quickly and give you some clarity. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Austenista I hope your labs come back as soon as possible so that you will have a better idea of what may be going on. Fingers crossed for good news. I will be thinking of you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista you are handling things really well. I love your aggressive and reckless positivity! We could use more of that in this world. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    “Aggressive and reckless positivity”—I love that, @Austenista
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited January 2018
    @austenista I had similar issues with DS. Mine didn't say 'positive'. Mine said 1 in 20 chance. And a normal 30 yr old should have a chance of 1 in thousands. So I spent a whole wkend crying. A whole wkend. Then we decided not to test any further. No amnio. No NIPT. We decided it wouldn't change how we felt about him anyway. In the end, he came our perfectly fine. I know every situation is different but I wanted you to hear a GOOD outcome of this scare. There's so many false positives. Keeping you in my thoughts. 
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @Austenista I'm glad you shared with us and that you feel better after doing so. I know I always feel better after I let things out. Everything feels so much more dramatic in my head. 
  • Options
    I’m thinking of you @Austenista we are here for you if you want to talk. 
  • Options
    @Austenista I am sorry that you are in the “unknown” and am sure that is really stressful. While I wouldn’t get too worried just yet, due to the possibility of false positive results, my nephew has Down Syndrome. If you have any questions or need to talk to someone, I’m happy to help! 
    Pregnancy Ticker