July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms pt.2 1/17-1/18

13»

Re: Weekday Randoms pt.2 1/17-1/18

• edited January 2018
    @moguippy Or how the simple act of stirring results in sloshing over the side and splattering all surrounding surfaces... it's called finesse, dude. @pretzellover That would frustrate me so much. Our ongoing argument is when he tries to help me, but just stands there until I give him a direction. "Well, what do I do?" Frustrates me so much. I don't use recipes so I can't walk you through step by step, but you're a big boy and can deduce that if we're making stir fry then that onion can be sliced. Or take the dishes off my hands when I'm done since you see me stopping to clean them. Just-- do SOMETHING, lol. He's slowly starting to get it, but this has been 7 years in training, lol. 

So sorry to hear about all the headaches and sicknesses. Hope everyone feels better soon. 

@SmashJam I saw those the other day and have been dying to try them! 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • samjjorgensensamjjorgensen member
    edited January 2018
    @sm05-2 I have so much sympathy for you and your husband right now. My husband is going through a similar situation and it's really tough. I'm trying to get him to agree to find outside support, as well, but it's tough. I wish there was a simple answer, but I know that for us there isn't. Sending you lots of happy thoughts :smile:

I am also on the headache train (although thankfully no terrible migraines yet.) But I've been getting tension headaches pretty much every day. I'm trying not to take Tylenol too frequently... does anyone have any natural remedies that work?
  • Loading the player...
  • @samjjorgensen I like using essential oils. They don’t help forever, at least for me. But they help take the edge off for sure. 

I use a mix of lavender, eucalyptus, and peppermint. 
  • @moguippy my husband he's pretty good with that (not using ALL the spoons and tools around)but he is obsessive about dishes and will refuse to use the dishwasher...
  • @samjjorgensen - not natural at all, but wanted to point out that you can take Excedrin Tension Headache when pregnant.  It's tylenol and caffeine combined.  Sometimes really cold foods like ice cream will get rid of mine - I figure maybe it has to do with dilating the vessels?  Who knows?!
  • Posting late again, but thank you so much for the support and kind words @kissableviv, @hillbillywife, @comealongponds, @emsnedds, and @wildtot, you ladies are awesome!

Even though my hubby gets a month of paid leave, his company has moved to a policy of "unlimited vacation time." Sounds nice, right? The catch is that no one can build a balance up of days, and so the company doesn't pay you for unused vacation when you leave.

He's getting a little better, and things are looking up. I'm helping him try to form an exit strategy and also find ways to cope with the stress a little better, though I know it's so hard being in that kind of position, as you know @kissableviv, and @wildtot (and many others, I'm sure). Glad the weekend is here!