July 2018 Moms
Options

Treat Yo' Self 2018

Self care is something we all need! Let's share our favorite DIY spa hacks, relaxation ideas or techniques. In the words of Parks and Rec let's Treat Yo' Self 

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: Treat Yo' Self 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SarafussSarafuss member
    edited January 2018
    I've been taking a bath with a Lush bath bomb lately.  My anxiety has been high lately for some reason so I picked up some aromatherapy wallflower scents that are for stress relief and plugged one in my kitchen.  I think it helps a little bit.  I am definitely going to a spa in my area that is specifically for pregnant women (they do 3D ultrasounds and other stuff too) as soon as I hit 2nd tri for a massage and hot stone pedicure.  (They won't do prenatal massages in 1st tri).  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a gift card to Bliss Spa that I've been meaning to use. Will have to plan a day there.
  • Options
    My feet...my poor toes look so bad! Sorry for the TMI. I left a pedicure on for way too long, probably over 6 weeks or so and now my toes are stained. Ugh. I'm letting them breathe a few more days but then I definitely need a pedicure soon. 

I still have not taken a bath this pregnancy, WTH! I was waiting for the first few weeks to pass and then I just never had time...this week's the week. I have a friend in town this Thursday and Friday so I'm thinking tonight is a good time! Epsom salts are ok to use I guess?

Also, love this thread!
  • Options
    Ice cream and a good book.  And watching silly cooking shows - DH is not into them, but indulges me when I'm having a tough day!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 that reminds me, I have a floating therapy session booked on the 27th for me and a friend, I gave it to her for her birthday and figured it would be a good gift for me too. I was told it's totally safe in the second trimester, I'm excited!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 I bought a Groupon for my mch (manchild husband) to one of the float therapy places and was told it was actually great for pregnancy, specifically 2nd and 3rd trimester. So, I've been thinking about getting one for myself. 
    I've been making it a point to get a pedicure every couple weeks. I'm lacking this week. I've been itching to go to a day spa called Glen Ivy just to go float in their lounge pool and lather myself up in clay mud, maybe a prenatal massage...hmmm...Happy Mother to be Day to me? 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa I so want to go to Glen Ivy! Is it safe to go? I guess the mud and the regular pool would be ok?
  • Options
    @hillbillywife do you have any beauty schools near you? we have one and it was less expensive and equally as good since the teachers will fix anything if needed :) 

• Options
    Also the dollar store has great epsom salt and way less expensive than target. It has helped so many aches and pains during pregnancy to add that in, or even to just do a foot soak too. adding in a few drops of peppermint essential oil also helps a ton! it is like an all natural icy hot! 

• Options
    @krystlerr yes!! Give me all the real housewives and halo top! 

• Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited January 2018
    @lindsayleigh1989 I’m not sure! I’ll have to look around! Good idea!

@noideawhatshesdoing good ice cream sounds amazing right now! 

I would also love a prenatal massage like yesterday. 

edited because I dropped my phone. 
  • Options
    Lotions and potions is where it’s at for me right now. I spent way too much at Caudalie and it felt so good. 

Since turning 30 I’m really putting skin care at the top of my priority list. 

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Options
    Also what is this float therapy you guys are talking about? Never heard of it but I think I need it 
  • Options
    Ladies, I live in NH and just spent 20 mins dreaming about taking a vacation to CA just for Glen Ivy haha it looks amazing!
  • Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited January 2018
    @emsnedds my b-day is in feb and I’m totally going to ask for a massage! Ive never had one before! My DH has a coupon for a massage that our bffs gave him years ago and he knows better than to use it before I get to have one. Lol

ETA- as soon as I get one though id love for him to use his- he works super hard and deserves it too! 
  • Options
    I've gotten so many ideas from this thread!  So, we recently moved to a much bigger house in a neighborhood with good schools.  We checked the finances before moving, but something must have been off because it's actually much tighter in the budget than we thought it would be.  Which means that a date night is going to be a really hard sell, but I'm going to dig up some gift cards and see if I have anything that'll work.  That sounds amazing!

Part of my salary goes into my own "discretionary" account, which is what I use for my self care and random things I can't help but buying online for myself or DD.  Yesterday I bought some adorable Valentine's gifts for her to take to school from a local crafter for only $1.20 each!
  • Options
    Oh I want a pedicure so bad!! but I have a plantar wart on my left foot (so gross, sorry TMI!) and I am so embarrassed by it that I haven't been to get a pedicure in two years. I've tried all the OTC options for removing too and they just don't work.

My relaxation is watching a good tv show or reading a good book with some buttery popcorn, wrapped in my preggo pillow. Ahhhhh its glorious!

• Options
    @amylu914 @kissableviv @samjjorgensen and anyone else down, I'm totally for a July bmb glen ivy day when it gets warmer!!! 

• Options
    @samjjorgensen
    Floatation therapy provides a remarkable way to calm the mind, relax the body and amplify the spirit. The experience involves lying on your back in an enclosed float pod, which is filled with 200 gallons of water heated to skin temperature, infused with 1,200 lbs of pharmaceutical grade Epsom salt. This incredible amount of Epsom salt provides effortless buoyancy of the body. Some of the anti-gravity benefits  are decompression of the spine, elimination of pressure points on the body, and efficient  blood flow which produces natural dopamine levels and lowers cortisol. Once comfortably relaxed in the water, the sensation of where the water begins and your body ends are integrated into one, leaving you feeling euphoric.

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa Flotation therapy sounds equally parts incredibly relaxing and terribly claustrophobic to me! I think I'd give it a try, but I worry I'd have a panic attack in the pod.

@zg49 I have a plantar wart too--mine has gotten VERY painful, so I've been trying to freeze it off with an OTC kit, so we'll see, but I feel your pain! Have you tried going to a doctor?
  • Options
    @samjjorgensen there are some places that offer open floating sessions. I'm no typically Claustrophobic, however with being pregnant, I'm very much more aware of space and wanting room to breathe. Lol

• Options
    @samjjorgensen No I haven't gone to a dr yet. When I was pregnant with DD I got one on my hand and my OB said it would go away after I had my daughter. Strangely enough, it did! The foot one came on when I was pregnant with DS so I've just been waiting for it to go away LOL.

• Options
    @runsomewhere I agree with you! Self care is definitely about that, about surrounding yourself with the right kind of people and knowing when someone isn't good for you. I feel self care can really mean alot of things, in all areas of my life. When I get some free time, I research new things that interest me, I study to further myself in my business, I attend Bible studys. To me, these are self care on a long term basis. The fun self care things just make the daily grind more bearable :)